Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming out to my mom

Default Coming out to my mom

So I finely built up my guts to tell my mom I was an Ab/DL. I thought about this for many years and I finally came to the conclusion I should due to having my Ab/DL gear in my room and laundry issues. I have had many close calls of her fining out and I have already told my sister six years ago. She was in a good mood and I had the time So I began chatting with her. I started out mentioning the reasons why I wanted footie pjs for the past two Christmases (which she got me :3) and I went from there. I told her all my memories of being a young AB/DL and how this was apart of me my whole life and the reasons why I formed these feelings. To my surprise she told me that she doesn't understand it, but she respects who I am and she loves me no matter what and of coarse she said the typical mom thing, "Well a least you not into doing drugs" I told her about my cloth diapers and how they may be making there way into the laundry, I said I can do them myself and I have been for a while, but she said it's a lot easier If I do it. I had a huge weight taken off of my chest.

Lucky. I wish my mom gave the typical mom response of "At least your not doing drugs," instead my relationship has never been the same because it got kinda jacked up. Congrats though, that is awesome that she doesn't mind washing your cloth diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Lucky. I wish my mom gave the typical mom response of "At least your not doing drugs," instead my relationship has never been the same because it got kinda jacked up. Congrats though, that is awesome that she doesn't mind washing your cloth diapers.
    It scared the crap out of me when I made the the call in my head to tell her. For back up info It's just my mom and me at home (dad passed away about 6 years ago, brother is out and married and my twin sis is out of state for college). I'm going to college so it's better this way. I thought it was nice of her too <3 and I don't mess, just wet so it's not to hard to clean them, kinda just like regular underwear. She told me I should get a diaper cover for them, they are AIO's but she is right sometimes they get rely damp on the outside and sometimes leak out the sides. :b

She is right, the AIO don't really hold much till it gets damp on the outside. Are they the cute ones with the prints on the outside or is it a white AIO? If prints, did your mom have anything to say about them?

She is right, the AIO don't really hold much till it gets damp on the outside. Are they the cute ones with the prints on the outside or is it a white AIO? If prints, did your mom have anything to say about them?
    They are printed with rely cute plushie ponies :3 I told her I liked rely cute looking clothes before I showed her my "diaper bag" (old backpack) and it's contents so she was mostly surprised they made "baby diapers" in my adult sizes. So I chuckled and told her that there are many companies that specifically cater to us and make baby things for adults. She had no idea this was a thing at all. I did tell her early on in the talk that there are actually A LOT of us all around the world and at about every age.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also borrowing a onsie from an AB/Dl friend of mine so that made it into the wash as well. She hasn't said anything on that yet.

Well that is pretty dang cool. Congrats on how well that went over.

Well that is pretty dang cool. Congrats on how well that went over.
    Thanks! I was so thankful of the results

Forgive me if I come across as insensitive or insulting, I assure you that is not my intention.
    I never understand why people feel the need to share this bit of information about themselves with anyone other than their significant other. In my eyes, it's like telling someone what sex positions you prefer, or "what you did with your girl" the night before. My mom hasn't got the slightest idea of the things that I am into (I'd prefer to keep it that way.) I digress, I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, but I am curious as to why having your mom and your sister know this part of you was important.
    For me, the thought has never mattered. For the gay locked in the closet and wants to bring their boy/girlfriend back home for the parents to meet, I understand why they would want to "come clean".
    For me, the only reason I'd need to explain is if I brought my wife to one of the family dinners while she was diapered and wearing a schoolgirl outfit.
    Since I don't see me doing that unless both my wife and I lost what sanity we have remaining, I'm gonna keep that one off of my bucket list.
    I acknowledge that I don't fully understand your point of view, please help me try to understand.

Bored, for you information, being an AB or DL is not sexual for everyone. It is a way of life so it is nothing like telling your mum about sex, its confiding in them something you do for comfort or whatever reason. I am glad you ask this, it is a common misconception among ABDL. This is not a sexual thing for everybody. My mother knows I wear nappies to bed but we do not discuss sex. I like to wear for other reasons then sexual gratification, it helps me deal with stress and relaxes me. I must admit if I am with a girlfriend nappies can be sexual, but this is not the be all and end all of why I want them.

I do understand that it's not sexual for all, I just fail to understand the ened to share this aspect of one's life. Maybe I'm just much more reclusive than other folks. I hope I don't come across as judgmental or as an asshole, neither are my intent.