Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gays responsible for bad weather

Default Gays responsible for bad weather

I thought this was pretty funny. A British Parliamentarian blames the passage of a bill supporting same-sex marriages as the cause for recent storms and floods across the country. He says he wrote to David Cameron in 2012 to warn him that disaster would accompany passage of the bill. He says the country has been beset by storms which he blamed on Cameron acting arrogantly against the gospel. They might as well blame us for global warming while they're at it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-25793358

Just when you think such archaic thinking is something of the past, a person like him comes by.

This reminds me: I've been meaning to research all recent occurrences of death by lightning. Finding out what each of the victims had done in the preceding days or hours would surely give us valuable insights into what irritates God.

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    I thought this was pretty funny. A British Parliamentarian blames the passage of a bill supporting same-sex marriages as the cause for recent storms and floods across the country. He says he wrote to David Cameron in 2012 to warn him that disaster would accompany passage of the bill. He says the country has been beset by storms which he blamed on Cameron acting arrogantly against the gospel. They might as well blame us for global warming while they're at it.

A correction: David Silvester is not a Parliamentarian, he's a member of Henley-on-Thames town council, a substantially less august deliberative body. I would be surprised if his electoral mandate exceeded 200 votes.

He has the backing of one senior cleric anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    This reminds me: I've been meaning to research all recent occurrences of death by lightning. Finding out what each of the victims had done in the preceding days or hours would surely give us valuable insights into what irritates God.
    The only person I've heard of who got struck by lightning, in a little town where I lived, angered God by playing golf on top of the cliffs during a thunderstorm. God hates long conductive metal poles!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy View Post
    The only person I've heard of who got struck by lightning, in a little town where I lived, angered God by playing golf on top of the cliffs during a thunderstorm. God hates long conductive metal poles!
    Haha........!

I remember after 9/11, Jerry Falwell blamed the incident on "the gays", as God's punishment. Even his wife told him to back off.

June

Anybody that believes in this kind of magic doesn't really have much of a warrant to receive attenrion, so it's best to just laugh at them and move on.

Gosh....!
    and all i prayed for was a slight eastward shift in the jet-stream to facilitate some nice fall weather for Karen and my honeymoon out here in washington.

I'm really sorry if that was my fault....
    but living under the lee of the Olympics, the winters can be early and harsh for a couple of older girls like us (smile).

I thought this was pretty funny. A British Parliamentarian blames the passage of a bill supporting same-sex marriages as the cause for recent storms and floods across the country.
    Remember Hurricane Sandy in the U.S.?
    Anti-Gay Preacher Blames Hurricane Sandy On Homosexuality And Marriage Equality | ThinkProgress
    Yeah. The U.S. has those people, too.
    Last edited by Embrace; 20-Jan-2014 at 06:10. Reason: made it a little more mature

Wow what a revelation....

hmmm... well... in that case:
    To all the Gay People here... please I have a request... I HATE WINTER... I hate that cold gray weather here... Please, pretty please? Can you make it summertime already? everlasting? thanks.