Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Personalized Lullaby Tape From My Childhood

  1. #1

    Talking Personalized Lullaby Tape From My Childhood

    So, kinda hit the jackpot today, regression-wise. I was walking through the living room, trying to be stealthy about the fact that I was A) wearing a diaper and B) on my way to the kitchen to get more juice for my bottle when my mom stops me. I turn around, scared she's going to ask what's that crinkling noise or something like that, but no.

    She hands me a tape I haven't seen since I was an actual kid. Back in the 80s, Huggies used to make these personalized lullaby tapes. So instead of singing, "Rock-a-bye, baby, on the tree top" or whatever, they'd substitute in your kid's name so that it was "personalized". So for instance mine would be "Rock-a-bye, Katie, on the tree top." The entire tape is full of lullabyes customized like that. I had thought it was lost to childhood nostalgia, but apparently my mom found it in a box, so now I have it back.

    It's kind of incredible...if you listen to it with your eyes closed, you can imagine you have a Mommy singing you to sleep.

    Did anyone else have a tape like this when they were a kid? Do you think you'd enjoy it? Seems like the kind of thing people pay big $$ to phone-a-Mommys for, so I'm glad I have the real thing. :-D

  2. #2

    Default

    Ya I used to have a tape like that it had my name printed on the tape and everything! It was blue and I would listen to it all the time! I wish I knew where it was

  3. #3

    Default

    You've brought back ancient memories. I was always musical, so as a little kid, I had a record player. This would have been around 1954 maybe, when I was 4 or 5. I had a record of "Rock-a-bye Baby". Kid's records had printed designs on the entire record, and they would have been 78's, so an entire side played only one song. Of course, all of that is long gone, almost like me....sigh.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    You've brought back ancient memories. I was always musical, so as a little kid, I had a record player. This would have been around 1954 maybe, when I was 4 or 5. I had a record of "Rock-a-bye Baby". Kid's records had printed designs on the entire record, and they would have been 78's, so an entire side played only one song. Of course, all of that is long gone, almost like me....sigh.
    They make records with pictures on still dogboy - called picture discs - just not on 78's.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DexxKizwizard View Post
    They make records with pictures on still dogboy - called picture discs - just not on 78's.
    Haha...yeah, I know. From my perspective, it's amazing where the technology has gone, and I've loved every advancement. I was quick to purchase new technology as it came out. I'm still waiting for holographs to replace widescreen t.v.s. Okay....I'm not holding my breath, but years ago I went on the haunted house ride at Disney World and was stoked when a ghost was sitting next to me on the ride car. It was awesome!

  6. #6

    Default

    You can still get CDs like those here. Personalized Childrens Music CDs | Kids Personalized CDs | My Music CD But it more special to have the one you had when you where a baby. Glad you found it.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    You've brought back ancient memories. I was always musical, so as a little kid, I had a record player. This would have been around 1954 maybe, when I was 4 or 5. I had a record of "Rock-a-bye Baby". Kid's records had printed designs on the entire record, and they would have been 78's, so an entire side played only one song. Of course, all of that is long gone, almost like me....sigh.
    i remember those 78's DogBoy...
    and i renumber others that my Father saved from His jukebox days too!
    old songs that i can still hear in my head, but no longer remember the names of. heavy old wax things/records that warp if they were left in a hot room.

    i also remember the 45's.... we had a lot of those too. and several of those funky little record players with the fat-centers that only played 45's....
    as i think of it, some of those were printed in kids colors with Disney songs on them.
    to be honest, i don't even own an i-pod.... i just got stuck when we got to CD's.

    i wonder if you and i will manage to live long enough to see them set foot on Mars, DogBoy?
    my Father watched them walk on the moon before He croaked....

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Paddedwolf View Post
    Ya I used to have a tape like that it had my name printed on the tape and everything! It was blue and I would listen to it all the time! I wish I knew where it was
    I know where mine is!!! I need to listen to it.

  9. #9

    Default

    No I was shut in a lower floor bedroom away from the rest of the family because boys are supposed to be tough and independent.

    Still I think the point missed is the OP's Mom knows she likes to regress.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    i remember those 78's DogBoy...
    and i renumber others that my Father saved from His jukebox days too!
    old songs that i can still hear in my head, but no longer remember the names of. heavy old wax things/records that warp if they were left in a hot room.

    i also remember the 45's.... we had a lot of those too. and several of those funky little record players with the fat-centers that only played 45's....
    as i think of it, some of those were printed in kids colors with Disney songs on them.
    to be honest, i don't even own an i-pod.... i just got stuck when we got to CD's.

    i wonder if you and i will manage to live long enough to see them set foot on Mars, DogBoy?
    my Father watched them walk on the moon before He croaked....
    I had a bunch of 45's. I had a really good year when I was in 6th grade. We moved (once again) but to a place where I met my best friend, and for a change, someone who treated me well. We used to play 45's at his parent's house because they had a big Magnavox stereo, a console with amazing bass. I also remember the juke boxes and plugging in a quarter to get a three play. Like you, I don't have an Ipod or MP3. I enjoy my Infinity surround sound and CD's.

Similar Threads

  1. Methods of creating personalized cloth training pants?
    By memorychick in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-Jul-2012, 20:57
  2. Brendon's Lullaby (DusTochNiet)
    By TeddyHugs in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-Jul-2011, 21:42
  3. Lullaby
    By fruitsniffer in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 25-May-2010, 23:56
  4. Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of Baby's Favorite Rock Bands
    By Altric in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-Jul-2009, 18:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.