Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult stroller

Default Adult stroller

I was talking with my new daddy about wheelchairs and I showed him an adult stroller.We both want one so he can use it instead of a wheelchair.i can find some kind of reasonable ones on craigslist far away.i was wondering Though how the babies feel in the stroller?im kinda nervous about being seen in one.Id rather use an Ecv but daddy says I'm too little.

Sounds like it would be fun to be pushed around in one but I would be nervous at first to.

Cherub

Well, travel to a city/town that is far enough away from your home town/city, so that no one will know you. After all, you're not likely to ever come across those people again. That or go out for a nature walk on a nature path. Probably not likely to come across too many people out there either.

Well,

I have a convaid cx-18...stroller...

I've been out in public quite a lot of times...although I'm not able to walk very far and us a wheelchair anyhow...

It was hard the first few times...

But, after a bit it was very relaxing...and for me relaxing is difficult...

I spend some time in mine everyday, usually last thing. With the harness fastenned it is like being in a big hug. It is, I think, myfavoirite item of kit.

I've thought about a convaid, but only for conventions. I would rather have a powerchair if Abale (Hebrew for daddy) isn't around.

Power chair!

Yes, I've thought of that..but don't have a vehicle to haul it with...

A least easily...I could make a lift or something for my truck...but tailgate is really high...

Quote Originally Posted by skittlesfirehawk View Post
    I was talking with my new daddy about wheelchairs and I showed him an adult stroller.We both want one so he can use it instead of a wheelchair.i can find some kind of reasonable ones on craigslist far away.i was wondering Though how the babies feel in the stroller?im kinda nervous about being seen in one.Id rather use an Ecv but daddy says I'm too little.
    The strollers that I've seen for older children and adults are wheelchairs that are designed to be use like he stroller. The ones I have seen are very expensive, and are not self propelled like a standard wheelchair. This would require having a caretaker actually push the person in the stroller. I have wanted one of these for a long time, along with a large size car seat.

I would melt into it from embarrassment if I was in public in an adult stroller. I think this is going too far, its like you are showing the world what you are into. In your house/backyard, I'm ok with that.