Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on boosters

Default Need advice on boosters

Alright I am trying to buy some boosters here that are REALLY cheap but I have no clue how much they can hold. basically I want to get boosters for a TOTAL cost of no more then $20 but I am looking for maximum absorbency. The boosters I found on the link below are pretty cheap but I have no clue how much they can hold. Also in the future(4 months from now say) I am willing to pay more for better boosters but what I really want is more bang for my buck right now. Essentially I want the cheapest boosters that get the most absorbency right now more or less. does anyone happen to know how much these boosters can hold? And are there better ones then this in terms of absorbency for their price? After these questions are answered I just wanted to know which boosters are by and far the most absorbent for future purchases. I am a heavy wetter at night and I am a side sleeper as well. I intend to stack boosters with Abri-form L4's for night time use. I am 6'6" tall and weigh about 250 pounds and when I release while i'm sleeping it's going to be a lot and I don't want any more leaks occurring.I have plastic pants and a mattress protector already but I am concerned about the fact that every morning when I wake up I use the plastic pants without exception and i'm thinking that I would like to at least to stand a chance to not do so as this is going to ruin the plastic pants eventually and I would prefer to avoid needing them altogether if possible.

here is the link to the booster pads I was talking about
    Cottony Ultimate Incontinence Pads, 30 count: Personal Care : Walmart.com

I'd check thrift stores. I get boosters there every 4th time, I'd guess. Or, go to thrifts and get adult or toddler diapers to USE as boosters. You'll save cash, and be able to get your dream boosters in 4 months.

This probably doesn't count because I wear cloth, but I have tried it on disposables, and it still works. The booster I use is a terry hand towel, folded in half, with a microfiber towel in between the two halves of the terry towel. Keeping in mind that I use cloth and PUL pants, I have wet three or four times at night, and not had leaks. As I said, I used the towel/microfiber combo on a Wellness and an Assurance disposable, and it really helped.

I've not used pre-made boosters, so I can't comment on what you should do, but I thought I'd share my solution.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrabulk View Post
    I'd check thrift stores. I get boosters there every 4th time, I'd guess. Or, go to thrifts and get adult or toddler diapers to USE as boosters. You'll save cash, and be able to get your dream boosters in 4 months.
    well I prefer to not go to thrift stores because I am self conscious and I am extremely recognizable(i'm 6'6" tall) and well the boosters I found on this link here down below are only $11.97 for 30 of them. I just want to know how much they can adsorb. I am looking for numbers expressed in liters or milliliters here. Cottony Ultimate Incontinence Pads, 30 count: Personal Care : Walmart.com

I don't know about boosters but the Huggies Overnites size 6 are really good stuffers. They are incredible for baby diapers. I really recommend them. They're 44 for $21 on Amazon. Just my 2 cents.

The only boosters I have used are the Lille Classic Line Maxi-Plus pads. These are plastic backed - I usually make a few slits in the backing before using with ordinary nappies. They are EXTREMELY absorbent and provide a nice bulky feel inside the nappy - especially if you use more than one!! Unfortunately I can't remember how much they cost me - I still have some which I ordered a few years ago, but unfortunately I don't have any nappies to use with them at the moment!!! Sorry for being unhelpful!

Well I can get more booster pads for slightly less per stuffer instead of huggies and the formal booster pad is not going to shift around as much in my sleep because there's a adhesive strip on the back of the pad. I do like the idea though.

here's another type of booster that I found that's even better I suspect. I just have no clue how much ANY of these pads hold and that is what I am primarily after right now.
    Equate Options Ultimate Absorbency Incontinence Pads, Long Length, 45 count: Personal Care : Walmart.com

The only boosters I have used are the Lille Classic Line Maxi-Plus pads. These are plastic backed - I usually make a few slits in the backing before using with ordinary nappies. They are EXTREMELY absorbent and provide a nice bulky feel inside the nappy - especially if you use more than one!! And they have an adhesive strip which holds them in place - very useful, I've found. Unfortunately I can't remember how much they cost me - I still have some which I ordered a few years ago, but unfortunately I don't have any nappies to use with them at the moment!!! Sorry for being unhelpful!

Does anyone here do reviews of stuffers? I know about the diaper reviews and ironically I am thinking why not just do one with stuffers? Obviously that test would have to be modified to reflect that they are not a true diaper but it would seem to be useful information none the less.

I agree a stuffer review would be great! I can't give you an exact capacity level on these pads without testing one (sorry not gonna waste one). I currently have: Tena ultimate, Poise ultimate/long and Walmart ultimate/long (Equate). For me the Equate pads hold atleast 1 wetting and bulk up good. The Poise pads seem to hold more/ bulk up more and are better quallity. I quit using Tena's because they would bulk up till they exploded sap into my diaper and have not tested the new ones yet. Of those plastic backed pads I perfer the Poise ultimate/long.
    I would say try the Cotton ultimate pads, not a bad price at 30 for $12 but it sounds like you need a true booster pad with no plastic backing so the pad and diaper work together. The Total Dry boost ups Bambino sells seem to be really good (ultimate). They hold alot, swell nice and work with the diaper. Abuniverse sells some big 6" x 18" boosters as does XPmedical in varying sizes. I have them but have not tried the abu boosters yet, sorry. I hope some of what I said helps you on your quest!? The best advice I can give is to try as many as you can to find the best one for you but definitely get some non-plastic backed booster pads!