Thread: Couple questions about pacifiers

MillenniumF

Default Couple questions about pacifiers

I bought my first pacifier several months ago. It was a Nuk 5, straight from the baby aisle at Walmart, and though it's almost the right size, I feel the need to expand to a larger one made for adults.

But I have a few questions.

First, do you have a favorite that you could recommend trying?

Second, if a pacifier is the right size, will it dry out my mouth like the one I have does?

Third, I have a beard and mustache. Is there any danger of a pacifier damaging my facial hair in any way?

They have nuk5's at wallmart? This i have never seen.
    If you want a big selection of pacifiers, you can go to pacifiersrus.com and they have all sorts of adult sized pacifiers.
    I can't imagine a pacifier guard ever doing anything to facial hair, that's just my assumption though.

CrinklySiren

I actually wouldn't recommend Pacifiersrus.com and here's why;

1. the site itself is underdeveloped
    2. the prices are RIDICULOUS
    3. i've heard a lot of people complain about the quality.

All the paci's i've ever ordered came from CosynDry.com or Baby-pants.com, and the quality was always great. If pacifiesrus have anything over these sites its that they have the option to create your own custom paci, but honestly any paci costing more than 30$ for ONE is too much. and I've seen the price in pacifiersrus go up to 60!!! just FOR ONE!

baby-pants has a wonderfully large selection to choose from, there is bound to be something you like from there and its never more than 30$ with shipping and tax included.

As for the facial hear question... i gotta say I've never heard that one before lol Though i gotta give you points for creativity lol There is absolutely no way a paci guard will have any remote effect on your facial hair :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    They have nuk5's at wallmart? This i have never seen.
    If you want a big selection of pacifiers, you can go to pacifiersrus.com and they have all sorts of adult sized pacifiers.
    I can't imagine a pacifier guard ever doing anything to facial hair, that's just my assumption though.
    I'm assuming the OP meant Nuk 3.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post

1. the site itself is underdeveloped
    2. the prices are RIDICULOUS
    3. i've heard a lot of people complain about the quality.
    All three of those things are true, but i don't think that quality is always a problem with them. Besides they have way more of a selection than those other two sites. I would prefer to order from the other two, but there just isn't what i want. I do have to say though, pacifiersrus' website looks absolutely lousy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I'm assuming the OP meant Nuk 3.
    that would make a lot more sense.

MillenniumF

Heh, yeah, its been a while so I forgot what size and my brain insisted it was Nuk 5 for some reason. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    or Baby-pants.com, and the quality was always great.
    Agreed. I've bought both the Hello Kitty themed pacifiers from Baby-Pants and they've both seemed like high quality, not to mention fairly cheap for what it is.
    And, as other people said, it won't do anything to your facial hair.