View Poll Results: How many positive reputation points have you given?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • None?

8 24.24%
  • 1 - 5?

10 30.30%
  • 6 - 10?

6 18.18%
  • More than 50?

6 18.18%
  • More than 100?

2 6.06%
  • I've given so many, I've lost track!

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many positive reps have you given?

Default How many positive reps have you given?

How many, if any, positive rep points have you given? No need to get specific with threads or member names. Results are anonymous.

I can only see the last five, including neutral reps...so, I don't know...I would choose the 6-10 option... -Marka

Once upon a time, we could see all the posts we had given rep to, and I miss that feature. It was helpful sometimes in searching when advanced search wasn't cutting it and I remembered that I had given rep to a certain post on the subject in the past. This is a long way of saying that I don't know how many but it's quite a few, certainly over a hundred. I should probably do so more often.

June

Very few. It's all about time and place. If the reader happens to agree with your post (rather than how well it's fabricated) and just is in the mood to go through the brief process, then you may see yourself a rep point. I've seen plenty insightful posts go unattended.

acorn

I’m more a comfort rather than a sexual contributor, I simply refuse to play with anybody’s e-penis. Fact, the sole purpose of having an e-penis is to cater for the circumcision fetish crowd.

So yes my answer is; None.

I am never sure to give rep points once a thread has finished so you can see all the answers. I have read the rules concerning rep but refrain from giving it. I will have to get into the swing of it.

To be honest, I've lost track. I +repped that many times... much to someone's sorrow, probably - pardon me, big big apology!

But I'd guess 20~ or nearly 30 got approved, hopefully. ^_-

Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    So yes my answer is; None.
    That's unfortunate.

Despite that it doesn't work that way that there's an equilibrium..., I still think this manifests so there's nothing to get or want at all, if you do not give something first.

I've given quite a few. I believe in the system, though I think it has become less a part of ADISC over the years. Like Trevor said, not seeing the stats has taken it out of thought and mind.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by daLira View Post
    To be honest, I've lost track. I +repped that many times... much to someone's sorrow, probably - pardon me, big big apology!

But I'd guess 20~ or nearly 30 got approved, hopefully. ^_-

That's unfortunate.

Despite that it doesn't work that way that there's an equilibrium..., I still think this manifests so there's nothing to get or want at all, if you do not give something first.
    There was a time in past where I did subscribe to the system, I could not with any honesty say any number range about then - as I also belonged to the “I lost count” group.

For my own reasons; I do not believe that it works as it is intended and somewhere along the way I lost interest in using it. I do not make recommendations of any description to others, with respect to using, modifying or replacing that system. The why of my not using the system is not intended for discussion for all the obvious reasons.

You may not like how I phrased my original reply, but it is a far cry from my being in any way disingenuous. The OP asked a straight question and you all got a straight answer. Through the years, I have always been upfront about my position and cognisant of all the consequences of being so.

Honestly I'm reluctant to give any rep because I'm not online too much.

Positive rep from me is only for posts that
    1) I am qualified to critique (that means a post that I have read thoroughly, too)
    2) are intelligible and
    3) of high quality.