Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use Teethers

Default Does anyone use Teethers

I find them effective in preventing me from chewing through wires due to my strong urge to chew on things. It's very hard to control, and I used to chew through wires and break headphones in a few months. Teethers are great, I take them off of toys and they fit my mouth better than the small pacifiers, although sometimes I use those too. A lot cheaper than gum if I might say.

I do. It's a great way to get yourself in the baby mindset. I always find myself drooling when I use them it really gets me deep into my regression.

I always wanted to try teethers I always wondered if I would like them.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyJ48 View Post
    I do. It's a great way to get yourself in the baby mindset. I always find myself drooling when I use them it really gets me deep into my regression.
    Yeah anything that holds your mouth open a bit can do that. I drool sometimes with my paci, it feels both awkward and nice at the same time. As for teethers, been tempted to try them, but just didn't know if they would be worth the $3. (My money is really limited.)

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewiatt View Post
    I always wanted to try teethers I always wondered if I would like them.
    Depends on which one you get. I usually get ones with toys, because I like the jingles they put in them. I have this fish toy with a great teether. Be careful not to get one that is composed of two parts because your saliva will wear it down and it will be very annoying, because all you can feel is that ridge between the two pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by ptarmigan View Post
    Depends on which one you get. I usually get ones with toys, because I like the jingles they put in them. I have this fish toy with a great teether. Be careful not to get one that is composed of two parts because your saliva will wear it down and it will be very annoying, because all you can feel is that ridge between the two pieces.
    I'm going to have to try one next time I have some spare money they sound like they would be fun.

I have constant urges to have things in my mouth, even at school I put my hands in my mouth. If Freud is correct, I believe I didn't get through the "oral fixation" phase ever!, I need my teeth to rub on rubbery surfaces and I need a paci in my mouth a lot, or my thumb. Teethers are lovely things, especially if you put them in the freezer ^_^ I love teethers <3

I like these kind, circle with rubber and characters on it <3

Name:  140.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  6.5 KB

LittleHanah

MillenniumF

I may have to try this sometime. I've always had an oral fixation (my dad tells me I disabled his camcorder once by chewing through the power cable. Guess I was a baby mynock . . .), and this would be fun to chew, I should think.

I have a teether with a raddle attached. I actually got it for my birthday from my daddy a few years ago. I love it and this thread has made me realized I haven't played with it in a long, long time. I need to totally play with it now.

What are those freezer teethers like anyhow? I've seen them a couple of times. I also saw some gel ones that my nephew was going to get when he comes into the world, and I was wondering what those were like too. They're like gelly things that you put in the freezer or something. Are they filled with water or a non-freezing liquid or something? I used to bite on ice-pop sticks before eating them and I found that a good way to quench my oral fixation, so I wonder if it's kind of similar.