Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DS Lite Games

Default DS Lite Games

Over Christmas I was lucky enough to get a DS Lite from a relative with too much money and not enough sense. However, I know nothing about what games are available for the DS and I don't want to waste money on things I won't enjoy. Before now I have only really enjoyed games on my PC, typically going for RPGs and strategy games. I enjoyed pokemon games on my Gameboy colour (the last portable I had) and nothing else. So beyond the obvious move of the latest generation of pokemon games (even if I no longer remember anything about Pokemon) are there any games you can recommend for me?

Thanks

If you have a DS, Mario Kart is a must have. Other good games are New Super Mario and Advance Wars Dual Strike.

Well if you like Pokemon
    -Pokemon Pear/Diamond

uhmm grrr Animal Crossing is fun but i went through alot of in and out with that you go through major binge and purge cycles with the game for most people.

-Mario Kart DS
    -Super Mario Bros.
    - Super Mario 64

grr i dunno i don't know i don't have a DS my friends do and i play with theirs :]

Phoenix Wright is one series that you definitely shouldn't miss, and I'm pretty sure they've ported some early final fantasy titles to the DS. n.n;

Mario Kart DS is a good game and if you like FPS games get Meteorid Prime Hunters.

Also you might want to invest in a R4: DS, that is if your fine with pirating DS games and not having to pay for them. Personally I like paying for good quality games.

Mako

There's a lot out for the DS, it's probably the most active platform in terms of games right now.

I'm just going to rattle off a whole mess of games with short descriptions if needed.

Obviously starters
    -Mario Kart DS (my favourite mario kart to date)
    -New Super Mario Bros. (really captures that old school feel of the original mario game with a few twists)
    -Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and soon Platinum

-Sonic Rush (the first sonic game I've enjoyed since the days of genesis. Skip through the lame, but short story parts and it's all fast rollercoaster goodness)
    -Star Fox Command (still not as good as the original or 64, but it trumps both assault and adventures. The infusion of strategy is really interesting and lifted from the cancelled Starfox 2)
    -Chrono Trigger (it's a port, but c'mon it's chrono trigger)
    -The World End With You (The story starts out a bit emo, but quickly grows into something much more interesting. Plus the battle system is really fun and challenging.)
    -Elite Beat Agents (okay the music choices can be a bit lame, but I love rhythm games.)
    -Contact (A quirky little RPG from the makers of Killer7 and No More Hero's that loves to break the forth wall.)

There's much more, but that's just from the top of my head.

For Christmas , I got the Chrono Trigger DS and Phoenix Wright...both fun fun games

Secret

How about any and every game ever made for the DS in one cartridge?

The DS R4 cartridge is all you will need, just buy a micro SD card transfer some pirated games from your computer and your done! I bought mine and I have never looked back! Why would you buy one game when you can have every game ever made and third party games all for the price of one game its amazing!
    R4 Revolution DS / R4DS for only 39.99 at Mod Revolution.com
    Nintendo DS homebrew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I highly recomend it,and I declare it my best purchase of the year.

If you have any trouble with it don't hesitate to ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    How about any and every game ever made for the DS in one cartridge?

The DS R4 cartridge is all you will need, just buy a micro SD card transfer some pirated games from your computer and your done! I bought mine and I have never looked back! Why would you buy one game when you can have every game ever made and third party games all for the price of one game its amazing!
    R4 Revolution DS / R4DS for only 39.99 at Mod Revolution.com
    Nintendo DS homebrew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I highly recomend it,and I declare it my best purchase of the year.

If you have any trouble with it don't hesitate to ask me!
    Fucking pirates. Piracy For The Win.

Anyways I am still looking for a R4 DS cart myself Chowder, where should I get one?

one that hasn't been mentioned is Puzzle Quest it's a Puzzle/RPG where you combine colored orbs, skulls, and purple icons into lines of 3 to 5 to attack your opponent. it's a very addictive game. it's the only one i play on a regular basis.
    there's also geometry wars, but i can only suggest that if you don't have a xbox 360.