Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about a study?

Default How about a study?

How about a study as to what causes AB/DL ism?

A study where we as AB/DL's could comment on early-life experiences and such to see if there are any parallels and/or similarities in our lives.

I have an insatiable curiosity about many things and this is one of them. Please comment.....

PS, I love my DL-side. Maybe you love yours also.

A simple yes/no answer to my query would be great. Thanks....
    Last edited by bashfuldlguy; 13-Jan-2014 at 22:01. Reason: clarification

Thanks for your comment, CW.

I'm guessing, at this point, that this idea is not a popular one. I just had to hear it from the ADISC members. As I came to this site looking for support and understanding, I thought that discussions of this type would prevail here. I guess I was wrong, and I'm really sorry for that.
    I'm not looking for a "cure" or any thing like that. As I said, I love my DL-side. I think it proves that I am a gentle person full of love and compassion for others. I guess that it proves me to be an intrusive, smug idiot when I make requests like this one.

Bad idea. I get that. I've already had a post removed for content and it really made me feel stupid to do it yet again.

Maybe I should just refrain from starting threads. Thank you for alerting me of my shortfalls in this particular thread. I need to think more about others.

You want to do a study?

Id love to see the results, go for it.

People haven't responded because you posted it on a Monday afternoon when a lot of people are at work/school.

kayley

Quote Originally Posted by bashfuldlguy View Post
    ......I'm guessing, at this point, that this idea is not a popular one....... I guess I was wrong, and I'm really sorry for that. I guess that it proves me to be an intrusive, smug idiot when I make requests like this one....... Bad idea. I get that. ....... I've already had a post removed for content and it really made me feel stupid to do it yet again....... Maybe I should just refrain from starting threads..... Thank you for alerting me of my shortfalls in this particular thread. I need to think more about others.

Wow Dude... you post was only 3 hours old when you gave up on it?
    Seriously, I want to be encouraging, but if you give up in 3 hours, there isn't any hope for you.
    It takes a lot longer than 3 hours for many posts to get a reply. Sometimes more than 3 days, and thats for good posts that people care about. Not everyone is sitting in front of the computer waiting for a new post. Me personally, I only check the forums every 3 or 4 days.

As for your Idea, yeah! it sounds great! You should totally go for it!
    Maybe as a basic Questionnaire Survey format, so you can graph the answers and be able to see the norms and trends of the community.
    helpful info to get started maybe?

=^.^=

why didn't you just make a thread asking people that, this seems like the best place to actually conduct that survey.

Causes for AB/DLism has been discussed many times on this site, with no general consensus. I was On Wikipedia today, again looking ab Adult Baby Syndrome, and they said the same, that there are at present, no known verifiable causes. There are some theories including love mapping, so if you haven't seen the Wikipedia post, you should look at it.

It's not that the psychological studying of AB/DLism is a bad idea, that happens to be my main interest concerning this whole thing actually. It's just a matter of finding which part of the psychological aspect to start from: Sexual urges, therapeutic practices, aesthetic appeal, just to name a few. There's a lot to cover. And from what I can gather, the best way to research this is to just keep conducting normal forum activity to keep learning more about ourselves along the way. It's not just a task, it's an entire adventure.