Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did you learn to "let go" in a diaper?

Default How did you learn to "let go" in a diaper?

I'm night-time incontinent right now because I have a kidney infection, but I'm not day-time incontinent. While I have leakage sometimes, I mostly have intense feelings of urgency, even if I've literally JUST gone to the bathroom.

I find myself in a lot of situations where I feel like I have to go so badly I just can't wait, and it's unpleasant and distracts me. I'd rather just let go in my diaper let my boyfriend said I should, because it's more convenient (this is a temporary condition) but my body is trained not to unless i'm in a 'peeing position'. I'd rather not feel so terrible CONSTANTLY, whenever I'm not 5 seconds from a toilet.

How did you learn to relieve yourself sitting down, wearing a diaper under pants, etc? I need help

Victoria, your post is interesting to me since I had to train myself how to "let go" in my diapers.

I used to have to stand-up to do #1 (I don't do #2 unless it is convenient), so I learned to do it lying down. I raise my knees and put my feet together to go. I still have to concentrate on using it which actually makes it more cool.
    The anticipation of letting-go, and of finally doing it, is what it's all about to me. Crazy, huh?

Thanks for letting me share....

Quote Originally Posted by bashfuldlguy View Post
    Victoria, your post is interesting to me since I had to train myself how to "let go" in my diapers.

I used to have to stand-up to do #1 (I don't do #2 unless it is convenient), so I learned to do it lying down. I raise my knees and put my feet together to go. I still have to concentrate on using it which actually makes it more cool.
    The anticipation of letting-go, and of finally doing it, is what it's all about to me. Crazy, huh?

Thanks for letting me share....
    How long does it take you? Do you always have to sort of spread your legs? Do you need a gap of air between your 'bits' and the padding to be able to let go?

It takes a little practice sitting or lying down, but essentially it requires consciously relaxing everything down in that region. For me, the diaper itself eventually provoked a Pavlovian response. After half a century or so as a DL, I find myself peeing almost without thinking about it as soon as I get padded up. Much to my surprise, the 'other' happened this morning within minutes of putting on a diaper.

On the other hand, I never, ever have accidents when not diapered. Clearly the response is all between the ears.

Honestly, the first few times after I had gotten my first legit diapers, I had to actually go in a bathroom and sit down on a toilet with a diaper on. Probably looked like a dork, but it did work!

To this day its still tough for me to go in one, as I have to stop what I'm doing and really concentrate, but hopefully that will get better with time.

RootBeer8900

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    It takes a little practice sitting or lying down, but essentially it requires consciously relaxing everything down in that region. For me, the diaper itself eventually provoked a Pavlovian response. After half a century or so as a DL, I find myself peeing almost without thinking about it as soon as I get padded up. Much to my surprise, the 'other' happened this morning within minutes of putting on a diaper.

On the other hand, I never, ever have accidents when not diapered. Clearly the response is all between the ears.
    I agree with this and have experienced basically the same thing. Since starting to wear diapers for pleasure, I've never had an accident while not wearing one. Even if I really REALLY have to go.

"Letting go" for me is definitely a mental thing and it gets easier the more I'm wearing a diaper, no matter what position I'm in.

The one thing I cannot do without getting into a different position is pooping. I've only pooped in a diaper a handful of times and I have never done it while doing anything but squatting. I also swear to myself that I'll never do it again once I have to clean myself up haha

Victoria,

Sometimes it takes a little while for me to let go. When I feel the "urge" to go, I wait a few minutes and then roll onto my back. Sometimes, it takes me several minutes to go after that. In my case the anticipation is part of the fun.
    Raising my knees and spreading my legs a little allows for better use of my diaper's absorbency, I have found. The feet-touching thing is all about being babyish (though I consider myself DL, not AB).

Hope this helps.....

It took me a little while to wet my diapers when I need to. But now I can wet anywhere at anytime, even while walking. I think one of the biggest mind blocks is just trusting your diaper. Trust your diaper, it takes time, but relax and it will happen.

RootBeer8900

Quote Originally Posted by sissytammy View Post
    It took me a little while to wet my diapers when I need to. But now I can wet anywhere at anytime, even while walking. I think one of the biggest mind blocks is just trusting your diaper. Trust your diaper, it takes time, but relax and it will happen.
    I agree with "Trust your diaper" lol

Someone should totally make an ad graphic to fit that

I'd like to have a friend around who would dip my hand into a warm bowl of water at around 1:30 AM.
    I can dream....