Thread: Apartment Life

Default Apartment Life

**This is intended to discuss more the aspects of living in a dense, fairly public/urban housing situation and being a DL than it is about telling an SO, there's tons of those threads.**

I'm about to move in to an apartment for the first time in a long time. I lived in my own house that I owned throughout college but now off in the working world I need a place and I'm not ready to buy again yet. So, my girlfriend (of 2 years) and I are getting an apartment together. She does not know about my DL'ism.... yet. We lived together in my house in college, but it was a whole house, lots of privacy and space (for hiding things). I could have large packages delivered, no problem, I parked my car in the garage and carried diapers right in, no problem. An apartment though, parking out in the open, possibly trekking 200 yards across open parking lot, receiving packages at the property management office, carrying trash to community receptacles? This all adds up to not a lot of privacy (from neighbors) and the chance for awkward discovery by my girlfriend. Does anyone have advice, or situations/scenarios to share about DL life in close quarters?

Honestly, I think it's about time you have that talk with your girlfriend

Everything else shouldn't be any problem. I used to live in apartments for a long time before I bought my house... well, to be honest, usually there's not too many of them nut jobs that like to go through their neighbors garbage bags... Also you might want to consider getting a P.O. box or a find a close by packing station... this way you don't risk having parcels delivered to a maybe untrustworthy third party.
    I did this as the post delivery guy sometimes gave my parcels to my neighbors when I wasn't there, even after I had given serious complaints about that...
    Then I got a P.O. Box... and that was the end to that.

But as mentioned, it's pretty manageable. However, as mentioned talk with your girl. You've been together for two years, you've lived together for some time, so it is pretty "serious" and you should have enough trust between the two of you to easily handle a bit of a fetish outing.
    Make sure you don't play it into something big or drastic... you've got a kink... that's all.
    Once you've got over that with her, well, life will be a lot easier for you... and I guess it'll be better if she finds out from you as by accidentally stumbling across your diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Honestly, I think it's about time you have that talk with your girlfriend [snipped]
    Just so. The other matters are totally manageable but this is a big deal, not just because of inadvertant discovery but one of general disclosure. It's time.

If you get a case of diapers shipped to the property management office... it's one of a dozen giant brown boxes that show up every week. In the age of Amazon, lots of people buy huge things that get shipped.

Your used diapers should be in a garbage bag, right? Unless your apartment complex is full of dumpster-diving tweakers, nobody's going to root around for your dirty diapers. And if they do, how are they going to know whose they are?

Your girlfriend is a different matter, and I agree that it's time to have The Talk with her.

The easiest solution is definitely coming forward and letting your girlfriend know about it. Alternatives would be hard to discuss because they largely depend on the geography.

I know you don't want this thread to turn into a "tell the GF" thread but I have to agree with the others. You're moving in together so it's time. The outside world situations are completely manageable. Also, here's a link that may help http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...l-partner.html

Quote Originally Posted by ej24 View Post
    **This is intended to discuss more the aspects of living in a dense, fairly public/urban housing situation and being a DL than it is about telling an SO, there's tons of those threads.**

I'm about to move in to an apartment for the first time in a long time... This all adds up to not a lot of privacy (from neighbors) and the chance for awkward discovery by my girlfriend. Does anyone have advice, or situations/scenarios to share about DL life in close quarters?
    Black trash bags are excellent for concealing contents. Small trash bags are excellent for reducing the smell when knotted. Small bags go in the larger bag for concealment. I never put any personal identifiable information directly into my trash bag because no one opening the bag has a need to know.

Privacy from neighbors is not an issue. When buying bags of diapers locally, use a duffel bag or backpack to cover the diapers when moving them from your car to apartment. It makes carrying them easier. Oh, yeah, it also hides the contents. Routinely carrying similar bags for other purposes also reduces suspicion.

Noise is not an issue if you are discrete or listen to the TV or radio at a reasonable volume. Jingling chains (louder than diaper tapes) will not even be heard by the roommate in the next bedroom over.

The urine smell of a heavy diaper may be an issue. Open windows and air fresheners may help, but it is best to avoid it in the first place. Soiled diapers are best avoided. They can smell up the entire place for a while even after disposal.

Mail and packages are more problematic. Hopefully your place has parcel lock boxes for mailed parcels. Larger boxes should go to management for pickup there. This is not a problem with discrete shippers. My neighbors regularly receive and store diaper cases for me until I arrive home without asking what the are. If your mail is not secure enough, get a PO Box or something similar.

Hiding the activity from your girlfriend will be the biggest issue. Appartments have limited private space for storage. Not sure how you hid them before, but if you think it will still work, good luck. Letting her know may work better for you in the long run just incase she picks up the diaper case for you. Again, good luck.

When someone knocks at the door while wearing just a diaper is most anoying to me. I have to go get dressed in something to cover the diaper before opening the door. Yesterday, the diaper was full and had 3 boosters in it. A huge shirt and ridiculously sized jogging pants covered them ok, but barely.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by ej24 View Post

I'm about to move in to an apartment for the first time in a long time. I lived in my own house that I owned throughout college but now off in the working world I need a place and I'm not ready to buy again yet. So, my girlfriend (of 2 years) and I are getting an apartment together. She does not know about my DL'ism.... yet. We lived together in my house in college, but it was a whole house, lots of privacy and space (for hiding things). I could have large packages delivered, no problem, I parked my car in the garage and carried diapers right in, no problem. An apartment though, parking out in the open, possibly trekking 200 yards across open parking lot, receiving packages at the property management office, carrying trash to community receptacles? This all adds up to not a lot of privacy (from neighbors) and the chance for awkward discovery by my girlfriend. Does anyone have advice, or situations/scenarios to share about DL life in close quarters?
    All the other stuff you mentioned is totally not even an issue... boxes come unmarked so that wont matter, and your neighbors dont know your situation anyway so its not like they would ask questions. Where I live; I have to deal with all the things you mentioned, and I honestly get just as much privacy as I would living in a house. Not like your neighbors are gonna look through your trash. Just throw your used diapers in a grocery bag or in your main garbage bin and throw it out with the rest of your trash. I would also recommend getting scented diaper sacks.

But as everyone else has mentioned, this is all truly the most minimal of your worries - the biggest issue is telling your gf... and you REALLY wanna do this before you move into an apartment with her an sign a lease and do the whole process... because then if her reaction is bad or enough to make her leave you, you will have money issues on your hands and you will waste a WHOLE lot of time filling out the paperwork to no longer be living together. Honestly, telling your GF should be the FIRST thing you should do because the longer you wait, the worse off you are. I gotta say it always baffles me that anyone could be in such a long relationship with someone else and never have brought up the topic or discussed it... i know theres the fear of losing the significant other, but its better to be honest than live a lie and have the other person be upset that you've been lying to them or keeping things from them for this long.

Living in an apartment or house or anything really doesnt really differ greatly in terms of privacy and neighbors and all that. I lived with my parents, i lived in an apartment complex, and I now live in a town-home, and each time was always simple and easy.. even with my parents i would just throw my diapers away in my bathroom garbage bin or simply put them in grocery bags. I even walk my dogs with a diaper under my pajamas... but the real issue is making sure your SO knows, because none of the other things will matter if she decides that moving in together is not a good idea after you reveal yourself to her (not saying this is gonna happen, but you gotta prepare for everything)

When I moved out this is why I found a condo with a garage. I just drive in and unload all my stuff straight into my kitchen and I live by myself which makes it even better. If I ever order diapers online ( which I normally don't because I found a medical supply store that sells top quality diapers at really low prices, I just get them sent to my p.o box and pick them up after work.) for the girlfriend part since your at this stage in a relationship where you're living together good luck hiding your stash. It's difficult to hide those from someone, and then if she sees you going to your stash constantly she's going to suspect that something is up and will call you out about it and that's when things can get ugly !! So in this situation just sit down with her and have an honest talk with her. Just tell her that you like wearing diapers and that you don't want to hide it from her. If she accepts it good for you and if doesn't well... Good luck.