Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PO Box Question

Default PO Box Question

Hi all,

How much would it be to get a PO Box? And if I do, would I have to get one that is big enough to fit the package (in this case of diapers) inside, or will the only put a packing slip inside.

Thanks.

Peace out and God bless.

I think it slightly depends on the office you get it from, i might be wrong though. No you do not need one big enough for the package. If something is too big to put your mail in, they put a slip in your box saying to go the the desk to get your larger items.

- - - Updated - - -

According to the one closest to me, it is $18/3months on the most base price.

- - - Updated - - -

https://poboxes.usps.com/poboxonline...landingPage.do

Thanks a lot. How much personal info will they need, if I pay in cash?

Especially if you go for a USPS box, they will need all of your info. Government mail is secure and regulated- you won't be able to set up an anonymous box. Also, you will have to have suppliers ship to your real name. The post office won't accept deliveries for people not named on the box. You could try getting a private box, from a UPS store or

Mailboxes Etc., but you will still probably have to give your real name. Your best solution is to go either way, and just deal with using your real name. No one will care (or know) what is in your packages. As for retailers, you'll need to give them your real name anyway to use a credit/debit card. I know it seems scary to use your real name, but it's really no big deal, and it won't get back to you. DO set up an alternate Email address for this type of transaction (also for sites like this one). That way you don't have to worry about what might pop up in your everyday, public inbox.
    Again, don't stress to much, and enjoy your packages!

Some businesses don't ship to PO Boxes, so if, for example, you wanted to receive shipments of diapers, you would have to check with the company that ships them. For example, Bambino states this:

We can ship to P.O. Boxes

UPS, and OnTrac cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes. Therefore, any shipment must be sent through the US Postal Service. Our shopping cart automatically calculates the shipping cost for USPS Express, Priority mail and Standard Post; simply select that shipping option at checkout.

It was a few years ago, but I used to receive “stuff” at a USPS box under a factitious name. Believe I used my real name to rent the box and then setup a secondary factitious name on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by FootieCrinkle View Post
    Hi all,

How much would it be to get a PO Box? And if I do, would I have to get one that is big enough to fit the package (in this case of diapers) inside, or will the only put a packing slip inside.

Thanks.

Peace out and God bless.
    At the Post Office in my town, if a item is to big for the box they will place a card in you box telling you to come to the desk and pick up the package during regular business hours. Also they have these package boxes they will place the item in and put the key to the package box in your PO box, simply insert the key to unlock the box and claim your package, the key remains in the lock of the package box, a separate key is needed to remove the key you used. The package boxes I just told you about are used when needed, most of the time the post office uses the package box it a package is not picked up during the day, unless a signature is required.

There are some 3 party box stores that UPS has that you can ship to like a pobox .
    Its like going to an address so FedEx and ups can deliver there for shippers that dont ship to poboxs check phone book.

Go with the 3rd party does like the ups store or pak-mail or others.

Yes you MUST provide your real name and photo I'd... this is a regulation after 9/11 I think.

I use pak-mail, they sign for everything, he even texts me when i have mail. I can send and get faxes there, etc. For the $120 a year I take it off as a business expense. I went to this after having a package stolen from my porch, and having clients for the dj business stop by the house.