Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Zombie PS3 Game Recommendations?

  1. #1

    Question Zombie PS3 Game Recommendations?

    I need some zombie PS3 game recommendations. They must have physical discs, and plz don't list any zombie DLCs for non-zombie games (Call of Duty, Borderlands 1, etc).

    Note: Please don't recommend any Walking Dead, Resident Evil, Dead Island, or Dead Rising games, I already know about those.

  2. #2

    Default

    Try "The Last of Us".

    Very interesting game. My quick review:

    The good:
    - Big (and well done) emphasis on story telling and seem-less transitioning between cut-screens and gameplay. Not exactly movie level story telling, but way better than most games, and especially better than most zombie games
    - Really well done combat mechanics (by my standards). Really gets a sense of urgency and nerves.
    - Kickass soundtrack.
    - Really well done visuals.

    The bad:
    - Like many games, it suffers from the "oh god, now I have to search _this_ room too" problem.
    - Very limited inventory, especially with ammo. I find this annoying because it takes away the incentive to make the effort of not using up ammo.
    - More "on wheels" then most newer games. Definitely not open world.

    Anyway, highly recommended.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Try "The Last of Us".

    Very interesting game. My quick review:

    The good:
    - Big (and well done) emphasis on story telling and seem-less transitioning between cut-screens and gameplay. Not exactly movie level story telling, but way better than most games, and especially better than most zombie games
    - Really well done combat mechanics (by my standards). Really gets a sense of urgency and nerves.
    - Kickass soundtrack.
    - Really well done visuals.

    The bad:
    - Like many games, it suffers from the "oh god, now I have to search _this_ room too" problem.
    - Very limited inventory, especially with ammo. I find this annoying because it takes away the incentive to make the effort of not using up ammo.
    - More "on wheels" then most newer games. Definitely not open world.

    Anyway, highly recommended.
    It isn't really a zombie game, though. It's zombie-esque, but it centers around a fungal infection. A large part of the combat is actually based around other humans.

    As for zombie games, I can't say. I think you pretty much listed every zombie game in your OP.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    It isn't really a zombie game, though. It's zombie-esque, but it centers around a fungal infection. A large part of the combat is actually based around other humans.
    Good point. I kinda classify it as a zombie game in my mind, but yeah, I guess it's really not. Aside from the humans, it still has a lot of "zombie game" elements. As you said, it's "zombie-esq".

  5. #5

    Default

    Thanks for the The Last of Us recommendation, but I'm waiting until Naughty Dog releases their GOTY Edition.

    (I hate having to pay extra for DLC, especially since it's PSN exclusive usually)

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Left 4 Dead 2

    (P.S.: Dead Island sucks)
    Sadly the Left 4 Dead series isn't available on the PS3.

    (I don't have an Xbox 360, and our PC is too ancient/old to play games)

    Btw, why does Dead island suck? I've watched some YouTube videos and it looks amazing.

  8. #8

    Default

    Dead can be fun if you're playing co-op.
    I'd would definitely also recommend The Last of Us though yes, it is probably a good idea to wait for the GOTY edition.
    Maybe try Siren: Blood Curse. It's zombie-ish.
    And of course the COD but I prefer salmon.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Dead can be fun if you're playing co-op.
    I'd would definitely also recommend The Last of Us though yes, it is probably a good idea to wait for the GOTY edition.
    Maybe try Siren: Blood Curse. It's zombie-ish.
    And of course the COD but I prefer salmon.
    I've heard people mention Siren: Blood Curse before, what exactly is the game about?

    TBH, I'll never understand the mass appeal behind army/war games etc...

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ToddlerNaruto View Post
    I've heard people mention Siren: Blood Curse before, what exactly is the game about?

    TBH, I'll never understand the mass appeal behind army/war games etc...
    Siren: Blood curse is a Japanese (It is in english) survival horror that was made in ... 2008? It was released in Japan and Europe before making its way onto the PSN.
    It is pretty good but can be very confusing, some terror educing scenes, and no jump scares. I don't know how much it costs but I got it back when it was still new to PSN and it was $50. As said before it is zombie-ish, they can talk (sort-of, not really, the "zombies" are kind-of like RE4 zombies in that aspect.) Oh and it is the 3rd (This one being a remake of the original).

    -I really don't like COD either but I get them as a gift during the holidays.
    Last edited by Cranky; 15-Jan-2014 at 08:13. Reason: grammar, added something

Similar Threads

  1. Zombie Apocalypse
    By ModdedPrincess in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-Dec-2012, 02:00
  2. 8-bit Zombie!
    By statik in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-Mar-2012, 00:25
  3. Lolipop chainsaw (Zombie Game)
    By BabySandshrew in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-Jan-2012, 03:31
  4. Its Zombie night
    By Littlebabymike in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-Nov-2010, 14:31
  5. What's The Best Zombie Movie?
    By CollisionCourse in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-Apr-2008, 08:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.