Thread: help

Default help

I don't know what to do... I want to tell my mom about this little side. I feel like she should know. I tried to tell her but I couldn't. We had this talk about being true to yourself and not letting people change your opinions to please others. Also not drawing too much attention. She cares about me so much and I don't want to lie to her. I'm also afraid of my brother's reaction. My other brother knows fully and the other kinda knows about it. From the Paci incident... But he is says he is worried about me. One reason is because of the fact that he and I are similar but still different. He is a bit old school while I am adventurous and open minded. My Dad is kinda like a typical dad. He can be supportive but takes some time. And for a minute he thought I was Gay... Is it because I want to express my little side right now? Am I hesitant because of my insecurities? I need some advice what should I do...

Before you go and tell anyone about your little side, ask yourself: what will I gain from this? Why do I want to tell someone? In reality, there's usually little reason to tell anyone besides significant others. You're 19, an adult, and your personal life is really none of your parents' or brothers' business. I'm sure they don't tell you about their sexual preferences, so really they don't need to know yours!

abdlTE=KimbaStarshine;1144903]Before you go and tell anyone about your little side, ask yourself: what will I gain from this? Why do I want to tell someone? In reality, there's usually little reason to tell anyone besides significant others. You're 19, an adult, and your personal life is really none of your parents' or brothers' business. I'm sure they don't tell you about their sexual preferences, so really they don't need to know yours![/QUOTE]

Yeah you are right. It's just I want to trust my family more. I keep a lot from my family and this is one of them. I'm bad at communicating properly and I tend to panic. I always stretch myself thin and I take jabs at people to mask my own insecurities. I have problems trusting people in general and my family even through all of that they still love me. I want to be honest with them and I want to change for the better. I think this problem stems from my insecurities.

Hi waver, having a be true attitude to yourself is a great attribute to have ,but I would say some things are best left alone, it will take more ,than 5 minutes before your mum and dad are going to understand what being ABDL is all about and they will have a lot of questions to ask you and even if do explain it to them there is still no guarantee they will fully understand or accept it. Sleep on it and see how you feel the next day before making that ultimate decision ,but I know where your coming from, I was the same with my Gf.

PS, forgot to say thank you for your friendship. ><
    Last edited by MonkeyDoodle; 12-Jan-2014 at 03:14.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDoodle View Post
    Hi waver, having a be true attitude to yourself is a great attribute to have ,but I would say some things are best left alone, it will take more ,than 5 minutes before your mum and dad are going to understand what being ABDL is all about and they will have a lot of questions to ask you and even if do you explain it to them there is still no guarantee they will fully understand or accept it. Sleep on it and see how you feel the next day before making that ultimate decision ,but I know where your coming from, I was the same with my Gf.
    I will. Thank you guys for your inputs *hugs* you know why I chose waver as my adisc name because of times like this. I'll sleep on it and I will have a decision later.

I agree with what others have said, not that being AB is something to be ashamed of, it certainly isn't but I have also been in your position...I generally have always been very childish lol , so when I walk around in footsie pijamas people generally don't say anything, I have had my moments of just wanting to tell my mom about it. Its normal!, its part of being a son/daughter...you want to share with your parents, and feel accepted, theres a little primitive belief that, no matter what your parents should accept/love you however you are, AB or not AB..
    But then there is also the stress aspect of it, telling your parents about AB won't make them turn around and start changing your diapers and bottle feeding you, nor will it make them hate you or anything, ....but it will cause a little more tension *maybe not, but generally this tends to be the case*...

It's entirely your choice, but it is also your life and you are allowed to have privacy for things you like and enjoy. So yes, ask yourself, how it will benefit you to tell them, if its the honesty factor, its understandable, but maybe think of ways of gradually introducing things rather than the big shock.

However, I should say again , being an AB/DL is nothing to be ashamed of :]

Hi Waver, quite a dilemma, isn't it. Does one tell others about this side or do you keep it private.

I have chosen to basically keep it private. I am an adult (yes for more years than I care to admit) so what I do and enjoy to do is my decision. My room mates know I like plushies and footed pajamas but don't know about my pacifier, bottle, and diapers. I have almost got caught with my pacifier a few times but fortunately they are really good about announcing their presence. They have no idea the items that they know about are for my ABDL side.

I can't really tell you what to do. You have to weigh the pros and cons with telling your close family and make what you feel is the best decision for you.

Please also consider the affect it will have on them. It could really change the way they think about you or if they are really very open minded, they may just acknowledge it and move on.

I wish you well.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHanah View Post
    I agree with what others have said, not that being AB is something to be ashamed of, it certainly isn't but I have also been in your position...I generally have always been very childish lol , so when I walk around in footsie pijamas people generally don't say anything, I have had my moments of just wanting to tell my mom about it. Its normal!, its part of being a son/daughter...you want to share with your parents, and feel accepted, theres a little primitive belief that, no matter what your parents should accept/love you however you are, AB or not AB..
    But then there is also the stress aspect of it, telling your parents about AB won't make them turn around and start changing your diapers and bottle feeding you, nor will it make them hate you or anything, ....but it will cause a little more tension *maybe not, but generally this tends to be the case*...

It's entirely your choice, but it is also your life and you are allowed to have privacy for things you like and enjoy. So yes, ask yourself, how it will benefit you to tell them, if its the honesty factor, its understandable, but maybe think of ways of gradually introducing things rather than the big shock.

However, I should say again , being an AB/DL is nothing to be ashamed of :]
    Thank you...

Waver, I would also suggest maybe journaling your thoughts and feelings for a bit. I know when I am going through some tough times or big decisions that taking the time to write out my thoughts and feelings helps me clearify my thoughts, just an idea