Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could be Him/Her and The 1 in ? Number

bringmesunshine

Default Could be Him/Her and The 1 in ? Number

I have a large worry when observing life from my infantilistic side and I want to know if you all feel it as well. Do you ever worry that you're in close proximity to a fellow infantilist, AB, DL or Little but you've got no idea and it's a missed opportunity. This is especially in cases where the 1 in ? number is a big factor. If you're in a place regularly attended/lived in by a very large group of people (by that I mean it's a large number which is always that exact large number...sorry if this is confusing): Office block, block of flats, college, university, high school - well you've no way of finding out if a possible companion is nearby and a possible companion could be! From time to time I do worry, seriously there could be a DL living just down the road from me and I'd never know - so is this a lack-of-knowledge situation that troubles you?
    Where the 1 in ? number is concerned it's the matter of how many continent nappy/diaper wearers in a set number(?), I read somewhere (where I can't remember) about two years ago that 1 in 150 teenage boys are - in some way - a continent nappy wearer. That is in relation to the UK, staying in the UK (at the time the estimate was made) 1 in 500 teenage girls is - in some way - a continent nappy wearer. Now I attend a college regularly attended by 1, 500 pupils...so what to make of my situation? Is it likely that I'm not alone in that particular crowd? Am I justified in my occasional worry that I'm (sometimes) a pram-toy throw away from possible company...it's so frustrating!
    In regards to announcing it I could always wear an ABDL t-shirt then heavily claim "I had no idea this symbol meant this!", your thoughts perhaps!
    In conclusion though does anyone out there have a new certain 1 in ? number or can someone out there even offer up a better estimate?
    Sorry this one's been rather long. bringmesunshine

Quote Originally Posted by bringmesunshine View Post
    In conclusion though does anyone out there have a new certain 1 in ? number or can someone out there even offer up a better estimate?
    I don't see how anyone can say with any degree of certainty what proportion of the population wears nappies/diapers for pleasure (sexual and non-sexual.)

If you look at the population of the UK (staying with your example) then at the last census the male population was 31,029,000 and the female population was 32,153,000... if we take the estimates you referenced then we'd see a population of recreational nappy wearers of 206,860 men (1 in 150) and 64,306 women (1 in 500) for a total of 271,166.
    I know that the estimates you quoted were for teenagers, but I don't see how/why you would estimate the rate for teens being significantly different in terms of the people who want to wear nappies, rather than those that actually do - I would guess people in their 20s/early 30s probably wear more than any other continent ABDLs, since they're in the sweet spot of means motive and opportunity.

I reckon that your quoted estimate must be an order of magnitude wrong. I think an ABDL population of closer to 27 thousand is more like it, given the numbers of people that go to ABDL events and the small number of people that run businesses serving this community, feels about right - although someone who knows something about market analysis could probably give us a better idea.

What do people think of women estimated as 22% of this community? Too much? Too Little?

When I was a kid growing up, I had two friends (not at the same time) who I knew liked wetting/messing their underwear. My one friend told me, and the other one I sort of caught. I think there are more of us in the world than we may realize. It could be 1 out of 1000. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    When I was a kid growing up, I had two friends (not at the same time) who I knew liked wetting/messing their underwear. My one friend told me, and the other one I sort of caught. I think there are more of us in the world than we may realize. It could be 1 out of 1000. Who knows?
    Although the original post is very hard to answer. I cannot say myself that I think about finding others into this scene randomly on the street by advertising. I would go to fetish fares and clubs, and you will have more of a hope of finding other kinky people.

However, dogboy brings up a very good point here. I too have known very young kids to experiment with wetting etc. What I think happens though is as the very young kids get older, the constraints of society kick in and when they learn what is 'normal' they stop these strange activities, as they would wanting their dummies/pacifiers. What happens to some of us, though, for whatever reason is that we hold onto some of these desires.

My point here without going off topic is I genuinely think that every person has the ability to regress in some form or another. I have seen many times young teens getting an injury while playing football. They then seek solace from their mummy on the touch line like little babies. Most people will think about wanting comfort from their mum when they are sick, hurt or upset. It is innate to want to feel the love from our childhood, it is a safe place.

I obviously know this very brief overview will not fit everyone's experiences from life, but it is clear to me that there are just varying degrees of regression and these manifest themselves to a fetish or need for some as they get older. For many others it simply stays as longing innocence in the deep recesses of the brain until something happens to make it come out, like being ill or something. As with others here, I did not think I would want to wear nappies as an adult, when I was having a traumatic time as a bed wetter. It just so happens that my life experiences built it into me when I hit puberty.

So in conclusion, I think that everyone is capable of regression its just that some of us take it much further. But don't wear a ABDL t-shirt proudly around town, I think you will do yourself more harm than good.

A while ago, for shits and giggles, I did some napkin math out of curiosity. I ended up with the figure somewhere between 1 in 500 (extremely optimistic) and 1 in 10,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    When I was a kid growing up, I had two friends (not at the same time) who I knew liked wetting/messing their underwear.
    That must take skill.

bringmesunshine

Quote Originally Posted by DexxKizwizard View Post
    But don't wear a ABDL t-shirt proudly around town, I think you will do yourself more harm than good.
    I wasn't planning on wearing said T-shirt proudly, certain ABDL and Infantilism symbols really don't give much away and if someone says "You know that symbol means etc." I could reply, "Oh that's so and so, he's done it again, tricked me into wearing an embarrassing shirt!" Of course as I'm typing this I'm thinking if someone comes to me and says "Are you aware that symbol means you like being treated as a baby?" what does that say about the person who's decided to lightly confront me regarding the whole issue *raises eyebrow*. bringmesunshine p.s I don't own a single ABDL or infantilism related shirt, 1. I think my folks'd call it a step too far and - despite being twenty - I still don't know how to wash clothes in a washing machine - so until I can do that it's incredibly likely I'm not going to soon end up in the position of owning an ABDL or Infantilism shirt in secret (regarding my parents knowledge of my purchase).

CrinklySiren

I have a t-shirt that proudly displays my involvement and i've never gotten a response, yet online i've met a good 16 people within 30 miles of me that belong to the AB/DL Spectrum. I've noticed that this community is notorious for keeping to themselves, especially since it seems like almost every day there is someone deciding to post who has been lurking these forums for months or years. There can be no accurate statistic as to the ratio of abdls within our population because of the large amount of those who dont come forth.

While this may seem highly unlikely, in my experience I've met more girl abdl's than boy abdl'sand i've also noticed a pattern in which Men are usually primarily DL and women are primarily AB, whereas a small number of men participate in the AB side, and a small number of women participate in the strictly DL side. Most ABDL girls i've met, although they like diapers, do not feel thay are required, and most DL men i've met actually claim to completely dislike the AB aspect.

But this is me speculating from my field work (not that i scientifically go out in the field and study other people, but I tend to base my findings on personal experiences and real life situations rather than online encounters and internet friends) I've also noticed that normally there are more extroverted ABDL women and more introverted ABDL men. Quite the colorful community we all belong to lol the possibilities are endless and constantly changing x3

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    I have a t-shirt that proudly displays my involvement and i've never gotten a response, yet online i've met a good 16 people within 30 miles of me that belong to the AB/DL Spectrum. I've noticed that this community is notorious for keeping to themselves, especially since it seems like almost every day there is someone deciding to post who has been lurking these forums for months or years. There can be no accurate statistic as to the ratio of abdls within our population because of the large amount of those who dont come forth.

While this may seem highly unlikely, in my experience I've met more girl abdl's than boy abdl'sand i've also noticed a pattern in which Men are usually primarily DL and women are primarily AB, whereas a small number of men participate in the AB side, and a small number of women participate in the strictly DL side. Most ABDL girls i've met, although they like diapers, do not feel thay are required, and most DL men i've met actually claim to completely dislike the AB aspect.

But this is me speculating from my field work (not that i scientifically go out in the field and study other people, but I tend to base my findings on personal experiences and real life situations rather than online encounters and internet friends) I've also noticed that normally there are more extroverted ABDL women and more introverted ABDL men. Quite the colorful community we all belong to lol the possibilities are endless and constantly changing x3
    I also heard that there are a disproportionate number of gay men who are ABDL. I have no idea if there's any truth to that, but they seem easier to meet locally. I'm also a member on a site for gay ABDL's, but I must admit, I enjoy the conversations and discussions with ADISC members since they seem more intelligent and diverse.

bringmesunshine

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    they seem more intelligent and diverse.
    I try, I try! bringmesunshine (your friendly neighbourhood (you never know!)...nappy enthusiast?)

Interesting... as if you could ffind a Ab friend which would be weird as all heck. Kinda wish I could find a friend that would be rad.