Thread: Just got my first diapers!

Default Just got my first diapers!

Hey everyone, 1st post here.

I've always been into diapers but I was always afraid to get caught buying them, then I moved into an apartment and decided it was time! I ordered some online - the first diapers I've worn since potty training

One issue I'm having is that my body just won't let me pee in them I drink a lot of soda and beer until I have to pee really bad, but when I try to 'let go' all I end up with is lots of pain and maybe a small trickle of pee. I've tried different positions, even standing in front of the toilet. How long does it take for your body to get used to it? Any other tips?

Hello wizthebed and welcome to the group.

Could you please take some time and tell us a little bit about yourself such as your hobbies and interests.

The question that you asked could be answered in the diaper talk forum. There are several past threads that cover that topic.

Again welcome to the group.

Hi and welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your first diapers! As for your question, it takes practice. Standing in front of or sitting on the toilet is a good idea, you might want to keep trying that. Basically you have to relax and tell yourself it's OK to use your diapers.

Just for the sake of helping you better understand this occurrence, this is a classic case of "shy bladder". With no wetting experience, your subconscious still retains the "it's not okay to go in your pants" feeling that imbrues itself into your brain after potty training. So you felt you had to force it out (in vain), and your bladder locked up completely. The only thing that will help you overcome shy bladder is practice, and I advise not to overload on your fluid intake until then.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and I hope this helped out.

I just posted to someone about this very issue Hey, wheres the bathroom?
    Adisc is rmarkable site, with all kinds of useful information within its thousands of posts, articles and links. Most questions are age-old, and have been asked and answered before. Today's generation didn't invent abdl! We oldsters are happy though helping out. Adult Baby or Diaper Talk would be the most likely places to find the answers you seek. Creating new threads there to ask for info would be the way to go, and Adisc veterans will jump in and look up answers for you.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 11-Jan-2014 at 19:16.

to start wetting in diapers I would lean forward slightly on my bed (it was elevated in a dorm room). it was hard for me to start too, but now about the only way taht I can't is lying down.

Glad you decided to join us here and I hope you enjoy your first diapers in such a long time,and what kind did you get if you don't mind my asking?

And as far as your wetting issue it's like a lot of people have posted in that you're still conditioned that it's not right to do it,but with practice that will change but I wouldn't recommend forcing it since if you keep doing it you'll probably end up relying on forcing yourself every time.I'd say just try your best to relax and let it happen and maybe in addition to standing in front of the toilet you might want to try running some water to help you just let lose and go.