Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: anyone else enjoy working on cars? whats your fixer uper?

Default anyone else enjoy working on cars? whats your fixer uper?

Hi I'm curious if anyone else likes to work on cars to? me personaly I could stay outside all night just to get my project done. I have a 79 ford ltd 2 door I bought off my cousin I love to work on but i don't care if its my grandmothers buick I'm happy as long as I have something to tinker with haha.

I had a couple of cars I ran at the 1/4 mile track, but that was years ago. I'd love to have a project hot rod, but where I presently live I don't have a garage.

Haha I was I had a garage all I have is a shed big enough for my mower. maby one day I will have a house with a garage.

I have a 1926Ford Model T that needs some work on the body but it have been pretty good mechanicaly for the 7 or so years I have owned it, I own a 1943 GMC CCKW 353 that I would classify as a fixeruper as it had now brakes, tires, bearings, seals and my dad and I did fix those I'm still having issues like massive shimmy and things that don't work and are very hard to find and rust. and my last is my 1971 DJ-5 jeep which my dad and I were working on but motivation comes and goes and it may never get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I have a 1926Ford Model T that needs some work on the body but it have been pretty good mechanicaly for the 7 or so years I have owned it, I own a 1943 GMC CCKW 353 that I would classify as a fixeruper as it had now brakes, tires, bearings, seals and my dad and I did fix those I'm still having issues like massive shimmy and things that don't work and are very hard to find and rust. and my last is my 1971 DJ-5 jeep which my dad and I were working on but motivation comes and goes and it may never get done.
    You have a lot of neat projects I wouldn't know what to work on I would be jumping from one to the other all the time haha

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewiatt View Post
    You have a lot of neat projects I wouldn't know what to work on I would be jumping from one to the other all the time haha
    Thats the problem though! I am all over the place! I have my parents to thank though. The T was a gift for my 16 th bday and the Duce and a half was an xmas gift 2 years ago. And they jeep I did pay for but not really any of the parts for it. the main thing is that I don't really enjoy working on cars and i think part of it is that due to med issues I can't really drive by myself yet why even bother hence the lost motivation. also I need my day's help and i feel like I'm a bother asking him for help and hes too busy and due to my med issues I cant really be left alone.

I'm sorry to here that I hope you can one day complete one of them would make great father son time.

I have a 66 galaxie convertable and a 92 Harley fatboy I love working on both! The galaxie is my favorite I have painted it myself done all the body work and interior.it still needs a new top and an engine rebuild all of which I plan on doing myself to

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewiatt View Post
    I'm sorry to here that I hope you can one day complete one of them would make great father son time.
    Thats ok. My dad is self employed so thats why he is so busy so I need to understand that. its really the jeep I hate as it is dead. the motor my dad and I rebuilt and the wiring is a mess and we will hope the tranny works and we don't see eye to eye on the paint and body, I want to get it done at a shop and have it primed and we do the final painting while my dad wants to do everything and since it is a postal jeep it has lots of intricate parts that are all over the place that I know I forgot how they went

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bronco.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	19739

Currently looks like this

has a Supercharged 427 Stroker with a Lunati Voodoo Cam, Dual Holly 1000 CFM 4 BBl Carbs and 4.10 Gears. its a beast on the street.

Heres what it will look like when im done

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bronco.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	19740