Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Quotes

Default Awesome Quotes

so i have been thinking, on forum sites i see alot of quotes in peoples sigs so im curious what are some quotes you have seen that were real cool, true, or have moved you in any way.

the ones i like best:

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, for those 10 Seconds or less im free." - Dominic Torreto (Vin Diesel) F&F 1 i love that because it pretty much sums up my summer time hobby Drag racing.

"Dude I Almost Had You" Paul Walker,it was one of my favorite quotes of the movie

"it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, Winning is Winning" Dom torreto

"if you don't like it Mega-byte me" i belive that came off bruce almighty.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" i first heard it in the Song Cult of Personality By living Colour but originated from President FDR.

"ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" President John F. Kennedy
    this one kinda hits home here as the USA is slowly degenerating into a country that thinks the Government Should Support them not the Other Way around. too many people on wellfare and Living Jobless by choice and feeding of those who actually do work because the tax payers will give them more money than they can get working two jobs like the rest of the country. its embaressing and sad.

I wouldn't really call mine awesome but they did catch my eye, so I put them in my signature line.

"ABDL's should live in the real world...but only when necessary" This one I composed, it's a reference to those of us who like to regress to be a little but are also forced to do adult activities.

"What happens in the diaper, stays in the diaper" I heard this one on Sirius/XM channel 78, Kids Place Live. Just a hope that no one suffers from leakage.

"A truly great person never puts away the simplicity of a child" I actually received a fortune cookie with this one inside. I thought, how fitting for this type of fortune to end up in the hands of an ABDL. I think I showed it to the others I was dining with but since they have no knowledge of me being ABDL, I had to play it straight.

"Keep your stick on the ice" is a big one for me and was one of the first pieces of hockey advice given to me by my coach. Seems simple but if you have some hockey knowledge it really can apply to everyday life too. Got to be ready for anything at anytime.

"All that is too complex is unnecessary, and it is simple that is needed" is essentially my life motto. I try to keep things as simple as they need to be

two favorites:

"may the force be with you"

"It's better to have it and not need it that to need it and not have it."

I like the force one because it can be loosley translated as "may whatever universe driving force you believe in be with you" I admire it for it's ability to touch every one with one simple idea. The other one was about a gun and I thought it sounded cool.

This is song chorus - Blur , Tracy Jack. I love this quote as it sums up my personality, I am a little strange and hate fitting in to societies little boxes, people are also telling me to stop being weird. I feel it is much better to be different.

Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.

From the Big Lebowski, a very funny film with very witty dialogue. John Goodman is classic in this film.
    Last edited by DexxKizwizard; 09-Jan-2014 at 11:25.

the TV show Wilfred (at least the US verison) has a qoute at the opening of every show. That episode has something to do with the quote, a keyword from it.

Here's a few of my favorites.

"Our biggest problems arise from the avoidance of smaller ones" Jeremy Caulfield

"The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable" James Garfield

If you do what youíve always done, youíll get what youíve always gotten. Tony Robbins

If youíre offered a seat on a rocket ship, donít ask what seat! Just get on. Sheryl Sandberg

I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think thatís how you grow. When thereís that moment of ĎWow, Iím not really sure I can do this,í and you push through those moments, thatís when you have a breakthrough. Marissa Mayer

If youíre going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump

If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough. Mario Andretti

Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. Oprah Winfrey

Go out on a limb. Thatís where the fruit is. Jimmy Carter

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. Bill Cosby

Your time is limited, so donít waste it living someone elseís life. Steve Jobs

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. Aristotle

I refuse to accept other peopleís ideas of happiness for me. As if thereís a Ďone size fits allí standard for happiness. Kanye West

You canít connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something Ė your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. Steve Jobs

Iíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. Michael Jordan

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. T. S. Eliot

-and of course my quote below.

We have met the enemy and he is us (Pogo)

Quote Originally Posted by blablafreckenlover View Post
    two favorites:

"may the force be with you"

"It's better to have it and not need it that to need it and not have it."

I like the force one because it can be loosley translated as "may whatever universe driving force you believe in be with you" I admire it for it's ability to touch every one with one simple idea. The other one was about a gun and I thought it sounded cool.
    i don't know how i missed those two on my list as i use the top one everyday and my weapon policy is the second one. lol

but i also forgot to mention the Quote in my Sig. it was the Theme to MCR's Song Sing off the Danger Days Album

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said: "one can't believe impossible things."
    "I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Through the Looking-Glass, Charles Dodgeson

"This above all- to thine own self be true" Hamlet, Act I, Scene 3

"Never never never give up" - Winston Churchill

"Doubt everything, find your own light." - Buddha

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~ G.K. Chesterton

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
    It is by the juice of Java that the thoughts acquire speed.
    The hands acquire shaking.
    The shaking becomes a warning.
    It is by will alone I set my mind in motion Ė Shamelessly Stolen from Herbert