Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Pants "Almost a Big Kid" Training Pants

Default Baby Pants "Almost a Big Kid" Training Pants

Hello everyone.

I was looking at the training pants at Baby-pants.com. Specifically the blue dinosaur almost a big kid trainers.

Can they handle a wetting without plastic pants? I'd like to wear then at night and wet them a little bit on occasion.

No, they can't handle a wetting without plastic pants. There's nothing there to contain any wetness. They're a pull-up version of a cloth diaper and they're not particularly high capacity, as befits their function.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkingscarecrow View Post
    Hello everyone.

I was looking at the training pants at Baby-pants.com. Specifically the blue dinosaur almost a big kid trainers.

Can they handle a wetting without plastic pants? I'd like to wear then at night and wet them a little bit on occasion.
    Just like Trevor said, no they can't handle a wetting without plastic pants. They do feel pretty thick, and they can absorb a good amount. They just don't have a water proof layer that would prevent the moisture from going all the way through. I've got a pair of them and like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    No, they can't handle a wetting without plastic pants. There's nothing there to contain any wetness. They're a pull-up version of a cloth diaper and they're not particularly high capacity, as befits their function.
    Darn, but that's kind of what I expected. Do you know of any training pants that would work for me? Maybe Dependeco's training pants?

Goodnites are a little too tight for me. Otherwise I would just wear those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    Just like Trevor said, no they can't handle a wetting without plastic pants. They do feel pretty thick, and they can absorb a good amount. They just don't have a water proof layer that would prevent the moisture from going all the way through. I've got a pair of them and like them.
    I'd still want a pair if I could wear them during the day and take them off right after wetting? Would that be fine? It's just that you don't want to wear them wet for a long time because they will leak through, correct?

I wear Dependeco AIO's but don't have any training pants. They do have a PUL cover with a alova cotton liner and a minimum sewn in soaker for a little absorbsion. So if you flood them they will probably leak.

Maybe try these: 2101-2102-2103-2104 Product 2101-2102-2103-2104 Price They are much cheaper and are made quite well with a waterproof barrier in the padded area. I have a few pairs myself and they are very comfy.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post
    Maybe try these: 2101-2102-2103-2104 Product 2101-2102-2103-2104 Price They are much cheaper and are made quite well with a waterproof barrier in the padded area. I have a few pairs myself and they are very comfy.
    Thanks for the link. Those look nice. But I was hoping for something with a babyish design. The Hello Kitty pants would be perfect if they came in a design for boys.

Sorry, maybe this is a difficult request. Maybe I'll just go with the Baby Pants and not wet them.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkingscarecrow View Post
    Darn, but that's kind of what I expected. Do you know of any training pants that would work for me? Maybe Dependeco's training pants?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd still want a pair if I could wear them during the day and take them off right after wetting? Would that be fine? It's just that you don't want to wear them wet for a long time because they will leak through, correct?
    As soon as you wet it's going to leak through. If you're wearing pants, you'll wet the training pants & your pants. Both will have to be changed.

It's just like wearing a thick pair of underwear. If you pee in your underwear, it's going to immediately leak through.

My wife sewed me a pair of trainers using FOTL whities, a toddler prefold, a flat diaper and some sort of ribbed cotton material she found at Goodwill. These can handle a wetting, but not a flood, without panties. They look...strange on the inside, but on the outside, they are very boyish. She wants to sell them, but I'm not sure if the audience wants a trainer that only looks great on the outside. I bought an 8 pack of the FOTL, and she's going to try and sell 4 of them. I bought her a serger for Xmas, and she's super excited, but...

I really want Baby Pants' My First Training Pants. The wife's are great...but I want the BPs!!!!

No all-cloth is going to be wettable without leaking. They're designed to absorb and wick throughout the material, and require a plastic cover. If they put a waterproof outer cover on them, it would make washing them next to impossible. More specifically, drying would be impossible. The cloth diapers you just use long high heat to bake out all the water. The plastic pant covers only require very low short heat because they haven't got the water absorbed - higher heat will melt them. So you really can't combine the two if you expect to be able to wash them.