Thread: Fetware Plastic Pants for Disposables = Awesome!!

Default Fetware Plastic Pants for Disposables = Awesome!!

Hey all! Just wanted to find out if anyone else has purchased these before? Pull-on Plastic Pants For Disposables Dstf2 Plastic Pants for Disposables Durasoft Trimfit2 Plastic Pants Shown over a Disposable Diaper For Illustrative Pur Poses Only .

I have 3 pairs (blue, white, yellow) and I am truly amazed by the quality and fit of these pants! They seem durable too as I have washed them many times without issue. They fit really well over all my disposables, even when using boosters. It's nice not have heaps of excess plastic around the crotch like most plastic pants. The legs and waists have a soft stretchy fabric elastic instead of uncomfortable pvc that bunches together and leaves marks on your skin.

Anyway I can't recommend these highly enough. These are the only plastic pants that I can wear for extended periods without discomfort. I think anyone who isn't really keen on plastic pants should try these.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTed View Post
    Hey all! Just wanted to find out if anyone else has purchased these before? Pull-on Plastic Pants For Disposables Dstf2 Plastic Pants for Disposables Durasoft Trimfit2 Plastic Pants Shown over a Disposable Diaper For* Illustrative Pur Poses Only *.

I have 3 pairs (blue, white, yellow) and I am truly amazed by the quality and fit of these pants! They seem durable too as I have washed them many times without issue. They fit really well over all my disposables, even when using boosters. It's nice not have heaps of excess plastic around the crotch like most plastic pants. The legs and waists have a soft stretchy fabric elastic instead of uncomfortable pvc that bunches together and leaves marks on your skin.

Anyway I can't recommend these highly enough. These are the only plastic pants that I can wear for extended periods without discomfort. I think anyone who isn't really keen on plastic pants should try these.
    I belong to the group of people who dislikes plastic pants (sweaty, chafing, uncomfortable, weird and last but not least to my experience: absolutely unnecessary with disposable products).

Now I understand some people love plastic - fine no problem with that...
    But when it comes to "Purpose" only - set aside the liking / disliking of certain materials - then I really fail to see how any of these plastic pants would work with disposable products.
    Let me say, you overuse the capacity of the diaper/pad underneath - it leaks - now where should the urine go to ? between the outer plastic layer of the nappy and the plastic pants? so there's free running liquid "trapped in there" only held in place by not leak proof leg-elastics?
    Now the leg elastics are stitched on and don't form a waterproof seal around your legs either (material) - so they're just soaking up the urine and passing it on through stitching and through the elastic material itself onto the outside.
    So how does that really add protection to the nappy / pad beneath?

I mean, I understand the "NEED" for plastic pants if you wear CLOTH diapers - but with disposable products?
    Ok, in case the shell has a breach, or tiny pinhole leaks - the plastic pant will at least for a short time take care of this - but unless you add any other absorbent layer in between the plastic pant and the disposable product (like a non-backed liner or so) it will simply fail to provide any real add-on protection, wouldn't it?

Just thinking out loud

And AGAIN: if you LIKE them, well you like them, nothing wrong with that - but I reply simply because you have specifically addressed those amongst us who have some disliking of plastic pants...

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    I really fail to see how any of these plastic pants would work with disposable products.
    Let me say, you overuse the capacity of the diaper/pad underneath - it leaks - now where should the urine go to ? between the outer plastic layer of the nappy and the plastic pants? so there's free running liquid "trapped in there" only held in place by not leak proof leg-elastics?
    Now the leg elastics are stitched on and don't form a waterproof seal around your legs either (material) - so they're just soaking up the urine and passing it on through stitching and through the elastic material itself onto the outside.
    So how does that really add protection to the nappy / pad beneath?
    I think that the leg elastics are what makes the difference in this case. My plastic pants are *fully* plastic, as in, the elastics around legs and waist are warm-sealed into plastic too, I see how they wouldn't be as effective if the elastics weren't leak-proof.

It's true that plastic pants are not absorbent themselves so if the diaper is leaking badly the plastic pants are not gonna keep it in for very long anyway. It's also true that when a diaper approaches capacity some wetness can escape from leg guards due to press out. At this point a diaper can still last a bit, but without plastic pants one would risk having wet spots on their pants way before the padding is fully used. I wear plastic pants most of the time over my disposable diapers and it's not unlikely for me to find the inside completely wet when I take them off, without anything having leaked outside. Let's say that they make the difference between having to rush for a change the very moment a drop escapes from my diaper and starting to consider changing without any big hurry when the same happens.

Then, as you say, they easily get chafing and sweaty and I wouldn't recommend them when one is doing some activity that requires walking/moving around a lot. But, apart from those cases, the added security is well worth the little extra feeling of being wrapped up (which can be pretty nice and reassuring too )