Thread: Is there a way to store personal info on your computer to use online?

Default Is there a way to store personal info on your computer to use online?

like when you have to fill out a form online that asks for your name address phone number. is there any way to store this on my computer so I don't have to type every time I could just click something and all my info would get entered in the form ?

Use google chrome. It has a field you fill out to do it for you. Its in settings I think

Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    like when you have to fill out a form online that asks for your name address phone number. is there any way to store this on my computer so I don't have to type every time I could just click something and all my info would get entered in the form ?
    its called lastpass. It can save your personal information and autofill forms for you. It's freaking awesome.

And its free too. Also you can setup various two-stage verifications for logging into Lastpass. I do this for Steam, facebook and google and of course lastpass.

babyboy262

Try Google drive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEpicTuba View Post
    Use google chrome. It has a field you fill out to do it for you. Its in settings I think
    I must agree with TheEpicTuba. Form filling from your browser (which I think most major browsers have with Chrome and Firefox offering a secure way to sync between devices,) is the easiest way to go. That said, you should always consider securing your system (especially a laptop) very well with a strong system password and locking it whenever leaving it unattended.

Then again, I don't use the feature myself. Hope that helped a little.

For entering common info like address, phone number, birth year, name, etc; Google Chrome will automatically fill this information out if you are logged into the browser with a Gmail account; as it does it user/pass for websites.

Using software like Lastpass or Keypass is fine, but be sure to lock that down with an especially strong password. Dont use one like diapers12 or the name of your parents, birthyear, etc. Sentence passwords are much harder to crack and easier to remember, if the program allows it. Try something like "My cat is purple" or the like.

I do not recommend saving in the browser or on your system/phone details for bank accounts, credit cards, etc. If your system was ever breached or simply a friend knew where to look you could be subject to theft or blackmail, so be very careful.

As always, try not to use the same password over and over with multiple sites, like having your ADISC, Gmail, and Twitter accounts all under "arcadekid2"; this is somethingthat many people tend to do since remembering one password for many sites is easier than a different one for each.

On that note; while a password like AS9]s<d42raD may be secure, its also much harder to remember than My cat is purple!