Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I was on imgur last night . . .

Question So I was on imgur last night . . .

just look at this gif --> Wat? - Imgur

What the heck is going on here, lol? What do you guys think? If someone could hunt down a source too, that would be amazing haha!

^^ Ohh... I think that was from a documentary explaining how diapers were manufactered and tested. I remember them saying that, in the old days, mothers and babies would come along to the testing centre and try out the diapers on their kids. But now, most testing is done by machines which simulate natural movement, making it easier to directly compare specific features (e.g. how long tapes stay stuck down for).

I think it might have been a promo-video released by Pampers or Huggies to "advertise" how well their diapers are tested... or something...

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    ^^ Ohh... I think that was from a documentary explaining how diapers were manufactered and tested. I remember them saying that, in the old days, mothers and babies would come along to the testing centre and try out the diapers on their kids. But now, most testing is done by machines which simulate natural movement, making it easier to directly compare specific features (e.g. how long tapes stay stuck down for).

I think it might have been a promo-video released by Pampers or Huggies to "advertise" how well their diapers are tested... or something...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YAO-MING-SCARED-HECK-NO-FACE-AFRAID.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	19666

But what about the pseudo horse heads?

^^^^ Exactly lol. And those seem bigger than baby diapers to me? It would be easier if there was a banana for scale.

Quote Originally Posted by RouteLeader View Post
    But what about the pseudo horse heads?
    Oh! How on earth did I not notice those before?!

Um... yeah...

Well... the diaper machines look similar to the kind that they use to test real diapers... I guess, on second thoughts, maybe this isn't a clip from the Pampers/Huggies promo I saw once... :-/

I think I need a lay down...

Quote Originally Posted by Persondude View Post
    ^^^^ Exactly lol. And those seem bigger than baby diapers to me? It would be easier if there was a banana for scale.
    they look like size 4-6's to me.

O.o i cant stop watching it.... its so weird.

I'm just going to believe that someone edited in the horse heads to confuse everyone, so that I can sleep tonight.

I looked at this, and I have a theory. I could be making a complete fool of myself, but here goes:

This looks like some kind of diaper testing apparatus to me. Probably meant to see how well the diapers hold up to walking. But then there's the horse heads.

Take your eyes off the diapers for a second and watch the heads, particularly the one closest to the camera. Based on the eye and mouth motions, those aren't just models. I think those are live horses. What's more, there's a divider separating the horses from the diaper robots, which is why you can't see the rest of the horses.

Now this is where it gets even more bizarre. Feel free to laugh. I wonder if maybe the horses are walking on some sort of treadmill-type apparatus, which is in turn generating energy to power the robots. Literal horsepower, if you will.

I understand that it'd be a lot cheaper and more efficient simply to plug in a generator and let that power the robots. But hey, if you've got a better idea I'd love to hear it (seriously, I would - this is gonna drive me nuts).

EDIT: And yes, I'm assuming this is a real thing and not some kind of computer wizardry fake.
    Last edited by Adventurer; 06-Jan-2014 at 21:42. Reason: Hedging my bets in case this is fake.