Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Stuffed Animal

Default New Stuffed Animal

So, I am thinking of investing some money in a new stuffed animal. But all I have around me is rather low quality or over expensive ones. So I wanted to ask you guys for opinions. It seems online is a good way to go for this. Is there any stuffed animal maker you guys like that does good quality? How can you judge quality from images and such?

I already have some things I am thinking about. Firstly, I want ones that are not small. probably 20+ inches or so. But as buying online is mostly around iamges and reviews... I am not sure how to judge quality. Any advice on good supplies of good quality and such? I really don't want to get one that looks great in the image, then turns out to be under-stuffed and too floppy, or with it's fur placed very sparsely so you can clearly see the "skin" they set the fur into. Suggestions?

(also my budget is $55 at best, including shipping, so please don't go on about this amazing $70 plushie and make me jealous.)

As for things I like, the only things I don't like in general are things like super heros and whatnot. I prefer animals, though some cartoon ideas might be interesting if you have one you love and it's good quality. (Going to get cuddled a whole bunch. ^~^ So I am largely filtering out anything that I can't cuddle well. By that I mean things like horses made to stand on their legs, which are super stiff, are not really that cuddly.)
    Last edited by CuriousOne; 04-Jan-2014 at 03:34.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOne View Post
    So, I am thinking of investing some money in a new stuffed animal. But all I have around me is rather low quality or over expensive ones. So I wanted to ask you guys for opinions. It seems online is a good way to go for this. Is there any stuffed animal maker you guys like that does good quality? How can you judge quality from images and such?

I already have some things I am thinking about. Firstly, I want big ones. Feeling little is easier with big friends around you. Any advice on good supplies of good quality and such? I really don't want to get one that looks great in the image, then turns out to be under-stuffed and floppy, or with it's fur placed very sparsely so you can clearly see the "skin" they set the fur into. Suggestions?

(also my budget is $55 at best, including shipping, so please don't go on about this amazing $70 plushie and make me jealous.)

As for things I like, the only things I don't like in general are things like super heros and whatnot. I prefer animals, though some cartoon ideas might be interesting if you have one you love and it's good quality. (Going to get cuddled a whole bunch. ^~^ So I am largely filtering out anything that I can't cuddle well. By that I mean things like horses made to stand on their legs, which are super stiff, are not really that cuddly. I guess by big I mean vaguely around 20 inches+ or something.)
    I like the plushies that Toys R Us has. My wife has bought me two, a plushie dog, and a larger one, a two foot teddy bear. I sleep with them every night. I like to have my arms around the teddy bear as I sleep on my back, and am more comfortable if I'm clutching something. Both have held up well over the several years I've had them. My bear wears a real onsie which is designed for a small toddler. We got the onsie when we were shopping for clothes for our grandson.

I agree Toys R Us has some great plushies. My latest plushie is a Rainbow Dash from build a bear and it's great quality and I love her and I rotate her with my other two plushies that I got from Toy R Us. I think Build A Bear charged me about $35 plus shipping but I could be wrong.

I have to agree, I really want some FAO Schwarz plushies from Toys R Us. They look to be pretty good quality. I determine the quality by material thickness and aesthetics. Also I guess you get what you pay for. Some of the FAO Schwarz plushies are kind of expensive, but as long as they are cuddly :3 I wouldn't mind too much I guess.

yeah with no good stores near me for this kind of thing I will prety much have to order online. (smaller city, no toys r us or such near me.) How well do plushies ship usually? While it would probably be okay as, due to medical conditions, I live with my parents...if my dad was the one that found the plushie being delivered in a clear bag, that could get awkward.

One I considered for a short time and ditched was this, but at $16 and 27 inches, while the reviews are generally good, it seems like at that size and that cost, it's probably got hardly any stuffing or something is wrong. Then again, that might be an average price. my online shopping experience is...well...very limited.

~~~~~~update~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked again at the review and saw someone whining about how the stuffed animal wasn't rubber. Who the heck buys a stuffed animal and expects it to be rubber?

The only plushie I have ever ordered online was my Rainbow Dash from Build A Bear and I came in a plain unmarked box.

You can try The jungle store. I think it was thejunglestore(dot)com
    I know they have several brands including well know plushie ones.
    Also they have all kinds of animals.

Considering this, $40 is a bit expensive but it seems cuddly enough, not ruling it out.

I like the Cuddlekin animals on Amazon. They have 30 inch animals for really good prices and are good quality.

Yeah I got more tempted to go with that one I linked above, after your suggestion (which is exactly what I linked, only the one I linked was a specific one.) I looked it up some more. Not a single bad review. 4 reviews on amazon are 4/5 stars, and the remaining 28 are 5/5 stars. So it seems like it's not something of low quality. ^^ anyone know how amazon ships plushies? (I would get them elsewhere, and I am investigating everything someone says in this topic, from the toys r us website, build a bear, etc. so far every one I like amazon sells it cheaper. Heck if I went with that leopard I linked above, free shipping is nice considering the size.

It's not that I don't have any stuffed animals. I have 8. but 2 are 26 years old. 1 is fairly stianed,t he other badly damaged and the fur has gotten scratchy. A couple others are in their teens, but very small. the new ones are fairly cheap $10 wallmart. I need something durable and big, soft and cuddly. I am strongly tempted.
    Last edited by CuriousOne; 04-Jan-2014 at 06:09.