Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hope everyone's staying warm!!!

Default Hope everyone's staying warm!!!

I hope everyone on ADISC is staying warm despite the freezing cold temperatures throughout the USA. Where I live in Ohio it's
    gonna be as cold as it was twenty years ago when I was a junior in high school!

In 1994 it was -20 for about a week where I live and I can't believe how cold it was then and now.

I already took caution and bundled up in a Philadelphia Eagles sweatshirt and a pair of sweats. I usually prefer a t-shirt and shorts- but hey- don't want to be cold!

Earlier in the week I was out in the worst of it with high winds and oh boy!!! I was just glad that I didn't get sick again as I got sick the week before Christmas with the flu.

Hope everyone's staying warm, taking precautions as I am and playing it safe!

WildThing121675

Ironically, I came down with a pretty nasty cold, maybe going to up to Packers game isn't going to happen....

The sun was actually out this afternoon. It was nice working in the back yard, even though it did freeze last night. For Right now the NW is being blessed.

Eff'in cold here on the east coast! The boiler is cycling but the radiators cant put out enough heat to make the thermostat's 68 setting. Looks like -5 with 25 mph winds tonight. Ain't global warming great?

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I hope everyone on ADISC is staying warm despite the freezing cold temperatures throughout the USA. Where I live in Ohio it's
    gonna be as cold as it was twenty years ago when I was a junior in high school!

In 1994 it was -20 for about a week where I live and I can't believe how cold it was then and now.

I already took caution and bundled up in a Philadelphia Eagles sweatshirt and a pair of sweats. I usually prefer a t-shirt and shorts- but hey- don't want to be cold!

Earlier in the week I was out in the worst of it with high winds and oh boy!!! I was just glad that I didn't get sick again as I got sick the week before Christmas with the flu.

Hope everyone's staying warm, taking precautions as I am and playing it safe!

WildThing121675
    I think it was 1979 we got down to -22 in Cuyahoga Falls. That was the coldest temperature I've actually experienced. We're going down into the teens here in central Virginia. Still, it's not -22. Minnesota registered a real -50 a couple of days ago. I can't even imagine that!

June

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Minnesota registered a real -50 a couple of days ago. I can't even imagine that!
    Yeah, last week was a hell of a time for me to choose to visit my family in Minnesota. I recall walking outside with my hair wet from a shower, and it froze.

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Yeah, last week was a hell of a time for me to choose to visit my family in Minnesota. I recall walking outside with my hair wet from a shower, and it froze.
    I had that happen to me when I was a student in Princeton. I lived off campus and was walking to class one winter morning. It was slightly snowing as well, and when I got to class, my hair, which was shoulder length, was frozen. During the course of the class, it began to melt with ice and snow falling on my desk and notebook.

It was actually warm today, if I wasn't at work all day, I would have taken my motorcycle for a ride. Maybe tomorrow if I'm lucky

Its been decent here.
    Mid-upper 60's F in the day.
    55F(12.7c) as of this post 8:38pm

Eh it's currently 17 here, and tomorrow it's only going to go up to the mid-30's. I hate the cold but I LOVE winter if that makes any sense.

...I own a heating blanket so I'm pretty warm.