Thread: cloth diaper

Default cloth diaper

hey so i want to buy a cloth diaper from amazon the brand is baby pants and i have never tried a cloth diaper as an adult i have had disposables but i didnt care for the disposal part also i i want to know if the night time were thicker without inserts then say a walmart brand diaper i dont remember the brand i had but was hoping for a general idea. any and all help is much appreciated

Instead of buying cheap Chinese diapers, why don't you buy something that will last.

Adultclothdiaper.com has a great selection of made in the usa cloth diapers.

I would suggest Babykins.

They are in BC, Canada. Started out doing IRL children's products until enough of our market asked for larger sizes. Now our market is a large part of their business.

Quality is good and they have some great prints. Discrete shipping as well.

They are A/B aware but not abdl. Consider the difference, as we are lucky to have suppliers like them.

If you are traveling to BC you can even visit their warehouse and look at products there.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    Instead of buying cheap Chinese diapers, why don't you buy something that will last.

Adultclothdiaper.com has a great selection of made in the usa cloth diapers.
    Don't knock 'em 'til ya try 'em!

Honestly, though AdultClothDiaper makes good, completely functional stuff, my experience with prefold diapers in particular has been that the overseas product from China and Pakistan (such as those sold by Baby Pants, Rearz, and Changing Times) are not only superior in terms of materials and construction, but are also considerably less expensive. And yes, I've tried all of these diapers and several others.

The only advantage that AdultClothDiaper (All Together Enterprises) and Angel Fluff have is that they'll do custom sizing if you pay extra. Gary Manufacturing also makes prefolds in the US (sold by LL Medico and maybe other places) but they are hideously expensive despite being made with flannel, the cheapest and worst prefold diaper fabric, IMO. (I also do not recommend the Babykins/KINS prefolds for the same reason--flannel.)

I wish I could recommend US products in this instance, but I can't. The Chinese and Pakistani companies that make the vast, vast majority of the cloth baby diapers out there are, not surprisingly, pretty darned good at making diapers. The materials and construction techniques they use for adult diapers are, for the most part, the same as those used for the baby kind. My absolute favorites are the Changing Times / Rearz prefolds, which are made using cotton twill (which seems to be unavailable in US-made diapers) by Ashar International in Pakistan, the same manufacturer that makes most of the ubiquitous twill baby diapers, such as those sold by Green Mountain Diapers. GMD is widely viewed as one of the best baby prefold brands around. The adult sizes are folded on the sides just like the baby kind, making them arguably the most babyish you can get.

IMO.

In my experience, after you get used to a good AIO, Disposables never measure up again. that's just my opinion, and comparing a Dependeco to a M4, both with stuffers and plastic over-pants. Also, the Velcro on the Depeneico AIO is way easier than using boingo's or pins.

I couldn't get small size pre-folds from Baby Pants, so I've stuck with Alltogether diapers. I really like them, though I have to wear the high back, Leakmaster plastic pants, because the All Togethers will come up a bit high. The night weight is thicker than day weight, and is in fact, considerably thick.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    In my experience, after you get used to a good AIO, Disposables never measure up again. that's just my opinion, and comparing a Dependeco to a M4, both with stuffers and plastic over-pants. Also, the Velcro on the Depeneico AIO is way easier than using boingo's or pins.
    To be honest, my experience with Velcro-fastened AIOs hasn't been great, because the Velcro doesn't hold well for me. I have an AIO from Angel's Best, and I ended up unstitching the Velcro and using pins because they work better.