Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I get Bambinos or ABU Super Dry Kids?

Default Should I get Bambinos or ABU Super Dry Kids?

I like the one tape design of the super dry kids, but I've also heard a lot of good things about bambinos, so I was wondering which ones you guys would suggest getting.

ABU has very cute designs.
    To me there more of a play diaper than a major use kind.
    The one tape on each side are more babyish too.

I always get Bambino cause they are (well to me, and my opinion)
    more softer, and more comfortable.
    They hold more as well.

It depends on if you want a cute all around print, or function.
    Now if only they combined the two better.

Only thing SDK's have over Bambino's is looks and the 2 tape design if you like that. Function wise Bambino's blow them out of the water as far as functionality. Especially if you go with the Bambino Bellissimo, definably the thickest most absorbent diaper out there at this point besides Fabines.

No, actually, I find the SDK's more practical for daily use than the Bambinos. However, the Bambinos are considerably thicker, and thus are more comfortable than the ABU offering. I have found the SDK's to be among the most dependable products I've tried, even better than the old Molicares.

I am a 24/7 wearer most of the time and definitely agree with stargazer and carkid. Bambinos are my go-to diaper for daily wear. Softer, thicker, more leakproof. I save my cushies and sdks for playtime as they do look cuter. I've also had some quality issues on a couple packs of abu diapers that seemed to have tiny holes in the plastic which leaked. I emailed ABU about it and they took care of it for me. Apparently it was a common issue they had for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by codydl88 View Post
    I've also had some quality issues on a couple packs of abu diapers that seemed to have tiny holes in the plastic which leaked. I emailed ABU about it and they took care of it for me. Apparently it was a common issue they had for a while.
    bambino had that problem to some extent for awhile too. I wonder if a materials supplier in the industry for sap crystals didn't have a quality control issue with sap grain size being too large?

On my order from ABU so far, there is not a single one of the diapers I got with any sort of defect, NONE. No pinholes, no padding shift, and standing leak barriers placed and centered properly, with no "activation" needed. I have to run my hand over the inner cuffs of the Bambinos in order to get them to work properly, just like I had to do with Abena. Plus, I have also had some issues with that center "racing stripe" being off-center on the Abenas. And finally, the tapes on the SDK's hold up MUCH better than on the Abenas.

I would make my decision this way: If you want thicker, get Bambino. If you want thinner, get SDK's. Both will hold a tremendous amount of fluid, far better than anything you get from other sources. They are right up there with Abena and similar brands for performance.

kayley

SDK diapers are more of a toy. something to dress up in for fun. The wont hold single wetting, even from my tiny bladder.
    Cute though, I guess.

More adorable and more useful are Fabine. More of a 6-8 hour diaper, but they hold multiple wettings, are good and soft, and have a cutesie print.

Aww So Cute! Diapers are even more adorable, and they hold as much and as well as the standard Bambino Clasico/Blanco/Teddy lines. They are an 8-12 hour diaper suitable for true Incontinence use. which makes them good for play time as well! =^.^=

On the top end is the Bambino Bellisimo. These are a 12+ hour diaper. And right now, they are the highest capacity diaper on the market, for true IC medical use, or for the ABDL community.

Its kind of interesting that the community who want to wear diapers is driving the market for improvements for those who need to wear diapers for medical reasons.

Kayley: If SDK's are more like a "toy", then why have I been putting them to work on a daily basis, with them holding up for hours, and not having a SINGLE one leak when I was in a time of need? Yes, Fabines are fabulous (even though I haven't tried them) and Bellissimos are great, but those two are expensive compared to the buck each I paid for the SDK's. Part of this, may be due to anatomy and how the person is built. The single tape may not work for everybody, but it has not let me down yet.

I would agree on the Bambino Bellissimos for daily use, in severe situations. I will be ordering some more when they come back in stock. Meanwhile, the SDK's have replaced the Tranquilities, Attends, Depends, and even the Tenas in my tool box. I will be looking for the Cushies with the cloth-like backing because they have the velcro tabs, which can be refastened multiple times. Plus, they have the same absorbency as the SDK's. If I ever have a stroke, or am in a situation where I'm incapacitated, it will be FAR easier for a nurse or caregiver to properly position the tabs, if it ever comes to that. And I won't be ashamed of the graphics, either. I am developmentally disabled anyway. People need to lighten up a bit, and get over this "adult brief" thing and call a diaper what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kayley View Post
    Its kind of interesting that the community who want to wear diapers is driving the market for improvements for those who need to wear diapers for medical reasons.
    That's true! It's possibly because the inputs that the "wants" can give are consistent with those that the "needs" do. The only difference I can see is that the "needs" might not appreciate a cutesy babyish print on them if they don't want to feel like a baby but that is more like a minor gripe.