Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: are depends REALLY that bad

Default are depends REALLY that bad

i just got to thinking are the Depends Diapers Really that bad or do we just dislike them because they cant hold up to what the premiums can do. honestly as of the release of the real fit Depends i guess you may consider me 24/7. but honestly i wear the real fit depends every day in place of underwear because they are comfortable and if worse comes to worse i can use the bathroom in them once with out having to worry about other people knowing. but really are they really bad. they are designed for minor incontinence and do in fact hold up to one wetting fairly well, now im not saying they are great for an AB/DL when in fact i would say just the opposite. but for how i use them they are perfect i can wear one comfortably all day and still use the toilet easily, no one can distinguish them from underwear and if need be i can pee in it once before changing. and even wet it still remains comfortable and discreeet for up to 2 1/2 - 3 hours before the smell gets noticable. all in all i think they get a bad rep from us because they don't hold up to our wants but all in all they are not a terrible product. they are just inconveniant for our leisure use.

I've never thought they were that bad they just don't make any or none that I can find that have tapes on them.

they actually used to when i was a teenager, which wasnt long ago. but i would wear them after school and they would hold up to 3 or 4 wettings and a mess if i was in the mood. but also stating i was a bit smaller then so how they would stand to an adult IDK.

I'll admit, I LOVE the six tape design they have...it makes being out and about in a diaper so much easier...But honestly I haven't tried them in so long I'd be wrong to judge them. I don't remember them being particularly good back then...but perhaps they've improved somewhat?

there is nothing wrong with them, the maximum protection with tabs M i will grab over goodnights XL if i am completely out of diapers, and they are cheaper and come in plastic and all the store brands are cloth so its a huge bonus. 20 for 12$ and tax isnt bad!

- - - Updated - - -

as far as the real fit i tried one sample pack and they leaked after just drops... and the max protection with tabs can be pulled down and slid back up very easily and not noticablly if you are careful about it. i would suggest wearing boxers or briefs over them and then gently pull the whole thing down and up

Never tried the real fit kind.

From when I last tried them they just went from unisex to desperate male and female kind.
    The unisex ones fit me best of there pullup line.

I tried the male ones, to me it was baggy between the leg/thigh area.
    Not front but the bottom, also a very big rear.

I tried the female ones, they fit me lot better tho was very slightly pressed in front,
    tho still comfortable. A lot more overall than the male ones.

There not really bad, just not a AB/DL friendly for absorption.

The 6 tape kind felt weird to me, it almost felt like wearing a plastic bag with a little padding.
    Tho that was like 2-3 years ago I last tried the tape kind.

The depends fitted max protection with plastic backing and six tapes is the besxt thing you can buy in a normal store by me. I'd say they take 2 medium wettings. I have a 28 inch waist and they fit me perfectly! I wish more manufacturers woul use the 6 tape and hi rise design of these diapers. That said they are really thin and compared to m4s I'd say they absorb 5 times less. They are okay with a stuffer or two though.

As far as the realfit those are total rubbish. I barely had started peeing when they leaked everywhere. Seriously junk don't waste your money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    As far as the realfit those are total rubbish. I barely had started peeing when they leaked everywhere. Seriously junk don't waste your money on them.
    i wear them every day and occasionally pee in them and have never had a problem on first wetting. second it leaks but not first for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    I'll admit, I LOVE the six tape design they have...it makes being out and about in a diaper so much easier...But honestly I haven't tried them in so long I'd be wrong to judge them. I don't remember them being particularly good back then...but perhaps they've improved somewhat?
    I literally just bought a pack last night! They take a little bit to absorb and leaked easily with pressure. From what I've attempted in them so far, I would not be comfortable using them for more than one wetting. They are a pretty good store bought though.

The problem with Depends, is that their products lack any features that are vital to people who need the protection. They are very thin, and have an extremely narrow center panel, with elastic that yields the fit in such a way, that it actually promotes leakage. It's almost like there is no elastic at all in the center panel, of any of their protective underwear. The only product they offer that may offer any kind of protection, would be the "Protection with Tabs", which is the only item in their lineup that has the standing leak barriers. If I had no choice but to purchase something from a retail store, that's about the only product I would be able to even consider.