Thread: Sophie B Hawkins Banned Video

Default Sophie B Hawkins Banned Video

Well I was on my usual trek through cyberspace and I came across this little gem.

Sophie B Hawkins in her original video for "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover".

It was originally banned by MTV (one of the first ever to be banned) for being "too erotic".

She appears in the video to be crawling, gyrating and wearing an adult diaper !

Take a look for yourself.

Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins - YouTube

Damm! I wish she was my lover! It does look like a diaper on her and her lover at one point. The first of many dancers, (strippers), to live with me used to play this song in every set. Was like "95"? Now I feel old!

First Miley and now Sophie. When will this diaper madness end?!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    First Miley and now Sophie. When will this diaper madness end?!!
    I think you mean: First Sophie and now Miley. When will this diaper madness end?!!
    Am I correct?

i never heard of the miley thing till now but on an ellen interview she did say that she was AB so ... yeah i do wish she woould represent us better but press is better then no press i guess

That entirely depends on whether or not your think we should get attention. Me, I think what we need is a general cultural shift to: "It doesn't hurt anyone, let them be,"

Quote Originally Posted by nikkibaby2007 View Post
    It was originally banned by MTV (one of the first ever to be banned) for being "too erotic".
    Times have changed

these days the mentioned video wouldn't even be considered over the top.
    Actually I find it quite pleasing on the eyes - compared to some stuff like that miley cyrus whatever stuff...
    Also at least sophie can sing and the dance choreography is more than just some jacked up beat move.