Thread: Dependco cloth differences

Default Dependco cloth differences

Im posting in regard to the dependco cloth diapers sold on ebay and the direct website.
    Can anyone fill memin on the differences between the cover being flannel, cotton or PUL?
    I am unexperienced in cloth diapers so i have no idea whats what
    Any imput would very much be appretiated

I can't answer much, but I do know that the 'flannel' and 'cloth' refer to the insides, not the outsides, of the pant. PUL, or polyurethane laminate, is the waterproof barrier.

...I think.

Oleman, are you around to answer this one? You know it better than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by D0ris View Post
    Im posting in regard to the dependco cloth diapers sold on ebay and the direct website.
    Can anyone fill memin on the differences between the cover being flannel, cotton or PUL?
    I am unexperienced in cloth diapers so i have no idea whats what
    Any imput would very much be appretiated
    I have both cotton and flannel AIO"s from Dependeco. What that means is the printed outer cover is over the top of the PUL liner. The inner part of the diaper is the same for all three diapers. The sewn in soaker pad and the cotton liner next
    to the skin. The PUL diaper is a PUL material that is printed. So that one has one less layer. I don't have any PUL diapers, but do have PUL diaper cover covers. I've been using these diapers with a soaker pad which I've been using now for
    over a year.

How are the fasteners after a year of use? I've been hesitant buying them because of another brand I had tried called Fuubuu. The Velcro had deteriorated after the first couple of washes and had trouble with them ever since.

Off also like to know the thickness, I like thickness and how wide is the crotch?

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I have both cotton and flannel AIO"s from Dependeco. What that means is the printed outer cover is over the top of the PUL liner. The inner part of the diaper is the same for all three diapers. The sewn in soaker pad and the cotton liner next
    to the skin. The PUL diaper is a PUL material that is printed. So that one has one less layer. I don't have any PUL diapers, but do have PUL diaper cover covers. I've been using these diapers with a soaker pad which I've been using now for
    over a year.
    I stand corrected. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    How are the fasteners after a year of use? I've been hesitant buying them because of another brand I had tried called Fuubuu. The Velcro had deteriorated after the first couple of washes and had trouble with them ever since.

Off also like to know the thickness, I like thickness and how wide is the crotch?
    On my year old Dependeco's the Velcro fasteners are holding up real well. My diapers have never been dried in a dryer so there has never been any heat applied to the Velcro. The narrowest part of the crotch measures 10 inches.
    The Dependeco boosters that I use are 6 inches wide. I find that the booster forms a nice fit where needed and never had a leak wearing them overnight. I have ten altogether so I average wearing a little over one time a week per diaper.
    I do wear 2 to3 times for an afternoon diaper change per week to help control my disposable costs. I would estimate the thickness at between 3/8 to 1/2 inch with the booster pad. It's kind of hard to get a
    good measurement on thickness.

Honestly its down to picking between the diego print or the spiderman print. Which one of the two do you all think is the best?

Quote Originally Posted by D0ris View Post
    Honestly its down to picking between the diego print or the spiderman print. Which one of the two do you all think is the best?
    If your not sure I would get both that way you can enjoy both. You will also see the difference in the two materials.

I have 2 of the Dependeco diapers. One is a small Star Wars printed flannel with PUL and the other is a medium pocket diaper. The small flannel diaper has issues with leaks, which in part might have to do with I am at the high end of the size or part might have to do with design as moisture tends to wick to the outside. The medium pocket diaper I absolutely love. The pocket diaper allows you to add as much or little padding as you want, (within reason,) or none at all if you want to use it as a cover for a disposable. The other advantage of the pocked diaper is that washing and drying go much faster. I also have some of those cheap Chinese Fuubuu or "Nice" diapers and they don't compare at all to the quality of Dependeco.

I had also purchased diapers from FuuBuu last January and had the same problem with the velcro with the result I have had to throw out a dozen of them. I have replaced them with ones from Dependeco and the velcro is not the plastic like material used by FuuBuu but more like the regular velcro we see here in North America. So far they have performed well and thank goodness there is a laundry tab so the velcro doesn't attach to everything else in the wash. The FuuBuu diapers do not have a laundry tab. I believe the velcro/cloth diapers siod by ABU are from FuuBuu and they also do not have a laundry tab.