Thread: Odd Idea for Stuffers...would this work?

Default Odd Idea for Stuffers...would this work?

Hello all!

So recently, I got my hands on a half used bag of Huggies Overnites size 6. They belonged to a cousin and were left at my house by my aunt's family who stayed at our place while visiting for the holidays.

Anyways, since I usually never buy actual baby diapers like these, I was thinking about trying to use them as stuffers, as so many people have recommended doing.

Anyways, I was thinking earlier and had an idea: Rather than slicing up the front of the diaper, would it be dumb to simply leave it intact, and simply remove the inner Huggies once it was soaked and be left with a fresh bambino on the outside? (Because the stuffer diaper wasn't allowed to 'leak' into the outer one like usual)

Has anyone ever tried this? Is it more work/less effective than the usual way of using a stuffer?

Thanks!

I use size 6 baby diapers as booster pads
    I make horizontal slits in the outer cover of the baby diaper and leave the rest of it intact
    they make a great diaper doubler

It's unlikely that all of your output will stay in the Huggies unless you go slowly and have things positioned perfectly. And, if you don't poke holes or cut slits, the leakage is going to be concentrated in one place, probably your crotch area. Then, when you pull the Huggies out, you'll have a Bambino that's already soaked in the middle, where it matters the most (were you to flood again).

In short, I think holes or slits are essential to making good use of both the inner and outer diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    It's unlikely that all of your output will stay in the Huggies unless you go slowly and have things positioned perfectly. And, if you don't poke holes or cut slits, the leakage is going to be concentrated in one place, probably your crotch area. Then, when you pull the Huggies out, you'll have a Bambino that's already soaked in the middle, where it matters the most (were you to flood again).

In short, I think holes or slits are essential to making good use of both the inner and outer diapers.
    Ahh that makes sense!

Having not really tried this before, I just figure the Huggies would simply leak out the top/bottom once they were totally soaked without slits or anything, but come to think of it I'm not even entirely sure how to a position them when you're first getting the diaper on!

Would you just line the crotch area of the smaller diaper up with the bambino? Or is it slightly different for a guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    Would you just line the crotch area of the smaller diaper up with the bambino? Or is it slightly different for a guy?
    Yeah, I like putting stuffers in the middle. If you wet while sitting or standing, that's where gravity's gonna take things. Of course, it might be a different story if you're a tummy-sleeper and a bedwetter. Best to experiment and see what works best for you in your particular situations.

I don't double up on disposables very often, but I do frequently wear adult prefolds with baby prefolds tucked inside for added absorbency and padding. This is usually during the day (I seldom sleep in diapers, and I don't bedwet). Going into a bit too much detail: I find that a baby prefold in the middle always ends up well-soaked, while one placed in front... doesn't. This is regardless of how I've oriented myself "down there."

Personally I have never used a baby diaper as a booster but I do use pads (poise). I think it would leak first at the leg openings and not the top front or back unless you were laying on your back or tummy and wetting. If I did use a baby diaper I would probably cut the wings off so it would fit inside the bigger diaper better (between the leak guards). Depending on how wide the baby diaper is inside the adult diaper would determine for me if I would slash the front with tiny slits or not and if not then it could be removed. I used to slit tena or poise pads but not anymore since once they fill to capacity they simply leak into the diaper inbetween the leak guards. If I'm laying on my back the pad acts like a channel or ramp and sends wetness more to the center of the butt padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Yeah, I like putting stuffers in the middle. If you wet while sitting or standing, that's where gravity's gonna take things. Of course, it might be a different story if you're a tummy-sleeper and a bedwetter. Best to experiment and see what works best for you in your particular situations.

I don't double up on disposables very often, but I do frequently wear adult prefolds with baby prefolds tucked inside for added absorbency and padding. This is usually during the day (I seldom sleep in diapers, and I don't bedwet). Going into a bit too much detail: I find that a baby prefold in the middle always ends up well-soaked, while one placed in front... doesn't. This is regardless of how I've oriented myself "down there."
    Makes sense! 90% of the time, due to living with family and whatnot, I'm wearing my diapers at night. Also, I'm more often than not a tummy sleeper, although I do try and not wet in that position whenever possible.

Honestly, I have no need for stuffers really, as I almost never am able to really 'use up' the current bambinos I have. Really the only reason I was considering it now is because I had these baby diapers kind of fall in my lap, so to speak.