Thread: Think: Carpenters "They Live"

Default Think: Carpenters "They Live"

Ever have those moments where youre the average abdl gent/lady in a public place and you look around you and get totally caught up in trying to "read" who around you might be in on the scheme? (I do this a lot btw) :P
    In your experiences have you ever noticed any tells that were clear enough to warrant a knowing comnraderous smile in their direction?
    There was a previous post pertaining to the 'secret handshake' so to speak.... My thoughts are on what factors leading upto said 'shake' give cause for further probing. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbdl View Post
    Ever have those moments where youre the average abdl gent/lady in a public place and you look around you and get totally caught up in trying to "read" who around you might be in on the scheme? (I do this a lot btw) :P
    In your experiences have you ever noticed any tells that were clear enough to warrant a knowing comnraderous smile in their direction?
    There was a previous post pertaining to the 'secret handshake' so to speak.... My thoughts are on what factors leading upto said 'shake' give cause for further probing. ?
    It's pretty rare for me. It might just be how I am or the many years of seeing our community as being filled with unstable, badly socialized obsessives, but I'm not looking for casual clues to facilitate a meeting. I have been very pleased to see greater numbers of functional ABDLs but I still prefer to get to know them at a distance first to reduce the chances of a bad meeting.

Let's assume that 1 out of every 10,000 people has an AB/DL bent. In the park or club or store you're in, let's say there are 100 people. The chance that any of them are of like mind is very slim, so why waste your time looking around for such signs? Even if I were in the club standing right next to you, there is no way you could tell that I'm a bonafide DL.

I am bashful enough that I would not approach someone in public that I thought or even knew was a DL. I also don't like people staring at me and so I try not to stare at other people. So...I do not look to see if someone is giving off a DL vibe.

normaly when i'm in public i'm board, so i look at every one, but I don't stare. So far in public I don't think I've seen any one that I think is ab/dl however online. Ones on a random teamspeak two people where talking about ab, I didn't say any thing tho bc there was another friend in channel i didn't want to hear it. so tho its rare its not as rare as you might think.

btw as was said before, if you saw me in public you would never know I was ab