Thread: First time greetings from Millbay

Default First time greetings from Millbay

Hellow
    This is my first time posting on any type of online community and sharing my DL issues with anyone.
    I am a keen walker and do a bit of cycling and have an interest in natural geography.
    My diaper feelings started several years ago at first I found it difficult to understand them so I just ignored them and hoped that it was a passing phase and that my feelings would be gone, however they would not go away and in fact became stronger as each year went on. Every time I passed the bladder weakness shelf at the shops I would stop and have to force myself to move on. For the first time last year (2013) I plucked up the courage to research my feelings so I could move on with my life and to my amazement found that I was not alone and this made me feel a lot better. The next step was to act on my feelings so I drove to the next town and bought my first pack of diapers, I did feel embarrassed at approching till though however carried on as I had come so far. I could not wait to get home and open the packet and fit my first diaper (had a few failed attempts) and have been wearing them ever since. I am now so glad that I have acted on my DL feelings. I appreciate that over time I will fully understand them and learn to accept my new life as a DL. However I am now in a better place to start this process and reading the experience of others in this community will no dout help.

Quote Originally Posted by Millbay View Post
    Hellow
    This is my first time posting on any type of online community and sharing my DL issues with anyone....
    Hi there Millbay - is that a geographically derived name?

Good for you that you're finally accepting your DL feelings. You're right to expect it will take time to properly accept and understand your DL feelings - in my life I've had several stages where I felt as if I'd achieved that self-acceptance and understanding, only to find myself in conflict over being DL again in some new way, and having to resolve that. Life is a journey as they say in the self help books ;-)

As for feeling alone - when you talk to other ABDLs you'll often find striking similarities between your stories and theirs - the major differences tend to be between those who had the internet as teenagers, and therefore knew they weren't alone, and those that didn't. Therefore don't be afraid that anything you've thought about is "too extreme" or "too sexual" or "too disgusting" for anyone else ever to have thought about - chances are most of the rest of us have those thoughts too.

Hi there MsClaraRiddle
    Firstly I would like to say a big thank you for your reassuring response. It has been great to make contact with another DL and that I have found a place to assist me with the various twists and turns of my journey.
    As for Millbay I was on holiday on the outskirts of Plymouth (UK) and found this quiet out of the way place where the only interruptions were the cross channel ferry coming in and out.
    Thank you once again for making me feel so welcome and taking the time to reply to my first posting as a DL and to remove my sense of isolation.
    Kind regards Millbay ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there MsClaraRiddle
    Firstly I would like to say a big thank you for your reassuring response. It has been great to make contact with another DL and that I have found a place to assist me with the various twists and turns of my journey.
    As for Millbay I was on holiday on the outskirts of Plymouth (UK) and found this quiet out of the way place where the only interruptions were the cross channel ferry coming in and out.
    Thank you once again for making me feel so welcome and taking the time to reply to my first posting as a DL and to remove my sense of isolation.
    Kind regards Millbay ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Millbay View Post
    Hi there MsClaraRiddle
    Kind regards Millbay ;-)
    No problem Millbay - us freaks have to stick together ;-)

Last time I was in Plymouth I was on that cross-channel ferry... I guess that's the reason 90% of people go through Plymouth. I came back and stayed there after two weeks in France, so consequently Plymouth sticks in my memory as the most English place there is - although I think it's just the contrast ;-)

Welcome again - don't worry to leave a visitor message on my profile or PM me if you ever want to. I'm sure you'll fit in though :-)