Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dumb question... vanilla??

Default dumb question... vanilla??

My wife asked me if i liked being married to a vanilla, my response was i didnt know what the term ment in the way its used here at adisc.
    Her explanation of the term didn't satisfy my understanding of it.
    Now ive been into being babied since i was little and its grown with me but ive never heard of people being called" Vanilla"
    Can anyone please explain it to me.
    Thanks a bazillion quazillion
    Marky

I believe the term comes from the BDSM community, and refers to people who are into "plain" (i.e. vanilla) sex rather than toys, ropes, sensation play, etc.

Even if diapers/regression aren't sexual, in this context I think it refers to people who aren't into diapers, regression, etc.

Does that make sense?

CuddlyAngel

I can since I am only a supporter of ABDL and not a participant of it even though I do wear diapers in replacement of underwear since I don't like reusing underwear even washed. I don't even use diapers for their intended purpose and being asexual I am what you would consider vanilla since AB friends told me what it was. A vanilla person is someone not interested in BDSM, ABDL, fetishes, anything of the kind. They are vanilla meaning plain not interested in anything but what society finds "normal" in a relationship or otherwise. I for instance have no interest in relationships, romance, marriage, having kids, nor do I like any fetishes. I support peoples right to choose so thats it. I hope I helped you.

But she wants to engage in a mommy role for me and wants to share this part of me with her in all aspects of a mommy role. Does that still consider her vanilla. I consider her my love my life and a lot more than plain.

CuddlyAngel

If she wants to participate in a Mommy role for you then I'd say no she isn't vanilla at all. I am vanilla however for the reasons I stated. I support the ABDL lifestyle and any lifestyle thats legal that doesn't hurt anyone as long as I'm not asked to do it. I'm a diaper wearer, but I don't like them persay I prefer them over reusing underwear even after washing them. Its easier to throw away such things then rewash them anyways also in my opinion.

I've never understood why the second most expensive spice in the world should be equated with the idea of "plain"... Something bland and ordinary wouldn't command such a high price! Vanilla is a deliciously complex aromatic flavour -- I love it!

Aside from eating it, though, I think it's up to you how you "define" your relationships... Does it matter whether someone else would think it "correct" or "appropriate" to use the word vanilla to describe your wife, or is she more of a raspberry ripple? Or rosemary-and-thyme? Who cares?! Just have a lot of fun and enjoy tasting whatever flavours are on offer!

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I've never understood why the second most expensive spice in the world should be equated with the idea of "plain"... Something bland and ordinary wouldn't command such a high price! Vanilla is a deliciously complex aromatic flavour -- I love it!
    This is exactly what I've been telling people for a long time! Vanilla is far from "plain."

I always thought of it in relation to ice cream. Vanilla ice cream is thought of as the most "plain," or, "basic," of flavors, usually used with toppings to make it more... exotic? :P

Vanilla doesn't really exist. It's something we've created to make ourselves feel better about our sexual kinks. Or, it's something that we call other people to make ourselves seem better than we are. Either way, it means nothing, and no one should be concerned with it. Do what makes you happy, and enjoy your life.