Thread: Newfoundlander Baby

Default Newfoundlander Baby

I had an old account here, LoreCaster, but after a series of email address changes I have no idea what my email address or password for that account is. So... here I am again...

Living in Northern Newfoundland, I will be in St. John's for part of February and March for job training. Hoping to make some new friends. Hit me up! I can't reply to PM yet, but am working on building up my 20 posts as we speak

Welcome. Hopefully your 18 remaining posts will be better than the lewd one about soiling/begging to meet up with people. Its not good when your second post has to have pictures of soiled diapers and pleading to meet up with people removed.

Hello and welcome (back)!. Who are you, what do you do for fun (DL or non-DL, doesn't matter)? How deep is the snow in Newfoundland now?

For the record, I did not post ANY pics, nor did I discuss anything lewd. I mentioned messing in reference to another user's inquiries, and I personally resent your inferences CarKid. If you expect tact on this forum, perhaps you could exercise some of your own, especially with people who are not familiar with all the exacting nuances of this place. I think it's strange, that while you call me out on so much, you could not follow the first rule mentioned above the "quick reply" section, "Quick tips for replying to newbies: Be nice. If you can't be nice, don't reply." I find it interesting that you call me out on rules when you cannot follow them on your own? Glass houses, CarKid.

Now, YankeeFox... I'm a recently married resident of Northern Newfoundland, a DL and my spouse only sometimes indulges me. Forgive me, but I'll be walking on egg-shells now that I was called out for being lewd when others are not. I am unsure where the distinctions lay, but I do not wish to be insulted twice in one thread. I have about a decade of university and college education, spreading from engineering to psychology, and find the dynamics of infantilism really interesting, aside from enjoying aspects of it that other people (Clearly) find offensive. I have a passion for woodworking, and am starting a shop next month, if our recent efforts to buy a new home go through. If you want a taste of isolation, check out some of the coastal communities in Newfoundland on Google Maps and you'll get a taste of what I'm talking about. Was -42C here yesterday, expecting it to hit -50C before this monster blows over. I've seen 3' of snow fall overnight, and I've seen people having to use long sticks to find their cars in drifts. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by LoreCrafter View Post
    Now, YankeeFox... I'm a recently married resident of Northern Newfoundland, a DL and my spouse only sometimes indulges me. Forgive me, but I'll be walking on egg-shells now that I was called out for being lewd when others are not. I am unsure where the distinctions lay, but I do not wish to be insulted twice in one thread. I have about a decade of university and college education, spreading from engineering to psychology, and find the dynamics of infantilism really interesting, aside from enjoying aspects of it that other people (Clearly) find offensive. I have a passion for woodworking, and am starting a shop next month, if our recent efforts to buy a new home go through. If you want a taste of isolation, check out some of the coastal communities in Newfoundland on Google Maps and you'll get a taste of what I'm talking about. Was -42C here yesterday, expecting it to hit -50C before this monster blows over. I've seen 3' of snow fall overnight, and I've seen people having to use long sticks to find their cars in drifts. Good times.
    Wow. You guys get a lot of winter up there! How on Earth do you deal with -50C weather?? -20C around here is tough enough.
    What kinda woodworking do you do? Do you make furniture, or carvings, or boats, or carvings of tiny boats in bottles...?

Do some google image searches... keywords "englee", "gros morn", "Humber river", "humber valley" and "terra nova", it'll take your breath away. Half a million people share this island, with 1,000 small towns dotting the coastline, 10,000 coastal islands, and a million miles of coastline. Yeah, the winters suck, but there are ways of staying nice and cozy warm My woodworking? I'm starting a by-hand-only woodworking video series. Not using any power tools of any kind. I've already got orders for reptile terrariums and enclosures, as well as orders for uniquely designed environments, like bark or sand or branches for different critters. I love doing furniture, and want to own/operate a "joinery", making fine work without the use of mechanical fasterners out of metal; like screws or nails. (See, shaker, quaker, mennonite construction)

Um I don't what part of Newfoundland he's from I have family in the northern part of NL but no it wasn't that cold probably -30c with the wind chill but not minus 50

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by edward321 View Post
    Um I don't what part of Newfoundland he's from I have family in the northern part of NL but no it wasn't that cold probably -30c with the wind chill but not minus 50
    Wait nvm I take it back never realized how old this post was. Yeah it was a nightmare during then I know eastern part of Newfoundland lost power for a few days.