Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long do you keep a soiled diaper on?

Default How long do you keep a soiled diaper on?

I am just curious- do you leave on your diaper for a long time after urinating(/defecating) in it or do most usually change it right away?

No, i immediately take a shower and put on a new fresh diaper (almost 4 to 5 times a day). Leaving a wet diaper on for a long time will cause bacteria and infections.. so no..

Well I can sleep in a wet diaper, and have done without cause for concern. However a messy diaper should not be kept on longer than 2 hours, and even 2 hours is pushing it! Skin type also comes into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
    No, i immediately take a shower and put on a new fresh diaper (almost 4 to 5 times a day). Leaving a wet diaper on for a long time will cause bacteria and infections.. so no..
    Well fair enough. But I've read in a different thread that a number of people like to wet their diapers before going to bed at night and consequently keep them on the while night---which is usually 6-8 hours. So how do they do it? Is it that if it's just urine it's fine or does that also cause infection on its own? Or do they use diaper rash cream and baby powder to make it alright for having a wet diaper on the whole night? (Does using baby powder and diaper rash cream help with having a wet diaper on for longer term?) I was just wondering since I'm pretty new to his whole diaper wearing lifestyle.

Cream, powder or both at the same time make a barrier to prevent a rash in most cases. The longest I have ever worn a wet urine only diaper is 12 hours, but much longer than that will increase your chances of a rash. I have tough skin though... It's best to experiment if I am going to be honest. It's like experimenting with alcohol... but with diapers.. know your limits

As far as I can tell, diaper rash is a chemical burn from:

1) Ammonia, NH3, which is a chemical that arises when fecal bacteria absorb urea (H2N-C(=O)-NH2) in urine and break it down for energy. CO(NH2)2 + H2O --> 2NH3 + CO2
    2) Protein-digesting enzymes in your digestive fluid and secreted by bacteria that attack your skin cells.

If you put on a petroleum-jelly barrier cream (vaseline, desitin) you'll be protected from fecal matter for an hour or two (but nothing protects you from the smell). If you just wet, you're safe for 6-12 hours of sleep, depending on your skin type. Powder or ointments will help extend that, or prevent some amount of discomfort. I've never gotten a rash from sleeping wet, and I won't let myself get a rash from... stinkier causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie123 View Post
    Well fair enough. But I've read in a different thread that a number of people like to wet their diapers before going to bed at night and consequently keep them on the while night---which is usually 6-8 hours. So how do they do it? Is it that if it's just urine it's fine or does that also cause infection on its own? Or do they use diaper rash cream and baby powder to make it alright for having a wet diaper on the whole night? (Does using baby powder and diaper rash cream help with having a wet diaper on for longer term?) I was just wondering since I'm pretty new to his whole diaper wearing lifestyle.
    Well, I've been wearing diapers for 12 years and I think there's no need to stay with a wet diaper when you have the possibility to change it or take a shower. One thing is a diaper fetish where people experiment with diapers and another is a medical condition (i'm IC), so if they want to intentionally wet their diaper before going to bed and change it after 8-10..20 hours, well that is at their own risk, I would not do that. The chances to get a infection due a skin rash or a UTI are high.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
    20 hours
    Yikess, yeah, I don't want to try that. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to this (inexperienced) wearer.

To the OP, you should deffinatly leave a shitted in diaper on for a long time and see what happens:P At least 5 to 6 hours I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

And just a note noticed that about 70 percent of your threads deal with crapping in diapers. Most people frown on numerous disscussions on that by the same person.