Thread: Hoping to move from AB to DF/BF. Where to start?

Default Hoping to move from AB to DF/BF. Where to start?

Right now I'm just an AB but the more I look into BF and DF the more I want to get into it. Where do I start this ball rolling?

Well, only you can decide if you're a furry or not. Do you like anthromorphic animals, that is, animals with human-like characteristics, like walking or talking? If so, most would agree you're a furry.

One of the most common furry activities is creating a fursona, an animal that represents yourself. It can be any animal, but canines and felines are most popular. Once you decide what it looks like, you can draw a picture of it, or commission a drawing from an artist.

Some furries commission fursuits, which are costumes of their fursona. However, they are very expensive. Or you could get just ears and/or a tail. Wearing a collar is another popular activity.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Well, only you can decide if you're a furry or not. Do you like anthromorphic animals, that is, animals with human-like characteristics, like walking or talking? If so, most would agree you're a furry.

One of the most common furry activities is creating a fursona, an animal that represents yourself. It can be any animal, but canines and felines are most popular. Once you decide what it looks like, you can draw a picture of it, or commission a drawing from an artist.

Some furries commission fursuits, which are costumes of their fursona. However, they are very expensive. Or you could get just ears and/or a tail. Wearing a collar is another popular activity.
    Whoah... I just decided on most of these aspects while I was trying to go to sleep last night.

In order: Yes I like anthropomorphic animals that walk/crawl and talk.

My fursona is starting to develop although it's more like a character rather than a self-representation. The type of animal is yet to be decided but I've been thinking about backstory and personality quirks quite a bit. Now that I think about it it's the writing that drew me in in the first place.

As for the price of fur suits I can attest to their cost. I'm a party entertainer and have had to commission suits for my gigs. My latest one, a visage of a reindeer for Christmas parties, cost 3,500 USD, and the mascot costume for my University is insured for 16,000 USD. I think I'll start with what I have and try to ease myself into the ears, tail and collar. If you throw a kid into the deep end they risk drowning, am I right?

Alright, here's what I've settled on thusfar.

Yi is a white tiger with stripes that are closer to blue than green. He is six years old and enjoys the usual boy things. Playing with his toys, a good game of cops and robbers, red rover, or just tag. One thing sets him apart, though. He is still in diapers. He has no need to use them, but he insists on doing so. This went down the first time he tried to go normally at age 3.

Dad: Yi, can you come here?

Yi: Coming, Papa!

Yi runs downstairs into the foyer.

Mom: Sit down, son.

Yi takes a seat in a tiny chair by the coffee table.

Yi: What'd you guys want?

Mom: Well, Papa and I talked about it and I think it's time you learned how to use the big boy's potty.

Yi absolutely beams and rushes to the bathroom, leaving his trousers on the floor just outside the foyer and his diaper in the hallway halfway to the bathroom. Upon reaching the bathroom he slams the door behind him, stands on a footstool he uses to wash his hands and locks the door. In his haste he hops onto the toilet, his tail inside and falls in. In his attempts to extricate himself he pulls the flush valve sending his tail through some of the pipework, an incredibly painful situation. He immediately starts crying, absolutely horrifying his parents, who had given chase when he bolted.

Dad: Yi, what's wrong?

Yi, between sobs: I'm stuck, Papa!

At that mom tries the door, only to find it locked.

Mom, trying to sound calm: Yi, Yi! We're going to get you out safe and sound, okay. Don't you worry. Papa's going to go get something to open the door. I'll be right here.

Yi: Hurry, Papa!

Dad: I'll be right back, son.

After several tense moments he comes back with a small screwdriver, he inserts it into a specially-placed hole and quickly unlocks the door. As soon as they enter Mom tries to lift Yi out of the toilet, prompting him to yelp and complain about his tail.

Dad: Yi, listen to me. It'll take some more time but we WILL get you out of there. Just focus on me, noone else is here.

Dad uses his tail behind his back to make the numbers for emergency services, and Yi is none the wiser. Dad keeps talking to Yi in a calm, even tone and this allows Yi to settle down quite a bit. In four minutes paramedics arrive and manage to get Yi out of the toilet by breaking the thing to pieces, but he still complains about pains in his tail. He goes to the hospital as is standard procedure and x-rays reveal how he got so stuck. The impact of his tail against the sides of the water channel broke three bones in his tail and folded it in two, jamming him inside. He made a full recovery.

However, when his parents tried again to potty train him he only moved at their urging and once they reached the door he burst into tears and grabbed hold of mom's legs. They tried everything, from punishments, to promised rewards, to playing around it, and even getting a smaller one specially made for him. Nothing worked. It always ended with him scared to tears. The trauma of the first attempt left him scarred in ways noone could see. After a year of trying his parents gave up and decided to let him keep his diapers until he drew up the courage to try again. It had been three years since that fateful day and he can be around toilets but still refuses to use them.