Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diapers that come in cardboard boxes.

KeithCardboard

Default diapers that come in cardboard boxes.

i have noticed that diapers no longer come in cardboard boxes. am i the only one disappointed at this? they are now in those plastic wrapping. as a cardboard enthusiast i despise plastic wrapping but i do not mind plastic on my diaper.

also important is that when diapers did come in cardboard boxes it came in a non-corrugated box with mechinical pulp, often recycled. this mades a poor quality cardboard.

Wow...you just noticed that? I don't think diapers of any type or brand have been packaged in cardboard since the late 80's. I'm pretty sure that the switch over happened around 91 or 92.

If you buy baby diapers in the largest quantity package available, the outside box will be cardboard, however, inside that box, all the diapers will be in a plastic bag.

-Gus

KeithCardboard

can you describe the box to me?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithCardboard View Post
    can you describe the box to me?
    Box shaped and made of cardboard. Maybe the brand pattern was printed on the box too.

They stopped putting diapers in boxes around 1988 because I can remember mine being in plastic package and my brother's too. Early as 1987 they were putting them in packages because I saw it in Raising Arizona when the guy shoplifted Huggies. So around there they were starting to package them instead of boxing them. They still box diapers if they are a case. They do the same with adult diapers too when you order them online and they all come in a box.

Zpeed

Plastic is cheaper and they can compress the diapers more, fitting more in same space
    Plastic bags of diaper still comes in cardboard cases though, usually 3 or 4 per case

KeithCardboard

yes but what kind of boxes are they and do they feel nice

You have never ordered cases online?

Do they feel nice? I am pretty sure all cardboard boxes feel the same, usually a hard paper, maybe rough. I don't know of anyone who is fascinated with cardboard. It is a little unusual to say the least.