Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think there is something wrong with me?

KeithCardboard

Default I think there is something wrong with me?

i like my diapers. i have been wearing my diapers for years due to a bad bladder, but i have also have a cardboard fetish. there are no websites or forums to do with my cardboard fetish and i feel so alone.

I get 'arousal' from sitting in a large corrugated cardboard box. it is hard to describe but i like the enclosed feeling and the noise and texture of cardboard. I also 'pleasure myself' in my cardboard corrugated boxes.

I have no friends, my family dont care and all i have are my cardboard boxes and my diapys for incontiennce. I catalogue whenever i see certain types of cardboard boxes when i am in town and i also dumpster dive for cardboard to take home. help me

As long as you're not hurting anyone, your cardboard fetish is fine. I would advise against dumpster diving though, for sanitary reasons. Have you tried getting boxes at furniture or big box stores? I don't know about getting support, but Fetlife may be an outlet. If, however, YOU are hurting, I'd seek a therapist. I know my sex therapy helps a lot. Good luck, I feel ya. Oh, and how about asking for large boxes on Craigslist? Here in Oregon, many towns have recycling centers filled with JUST boxes. Maybe more sanitary than a dumpster.

CrinklySiren

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for. Help with what?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithCardboard View Post
    i like my diapers. i have been wearing my diapers for years due to a bad bladder, but i have also have a cardboard fetish. there are no websites or forums to do with my cardboard fetish and i feel so alone.

I get 'arousal' from sitting in a large corrugated cardboard box. it is hard to describe but i like the enclosed feeling and the noise and texture of cardboard. I also 'pleasure myself' in my cardboard corrugated boxes.

I have no friends, my family dont care and all i have are my cardboard boxes and my diapys for incontiennce. I catalogue whenever i see certain types of cardboard boxes when i am in town and i also dumpster dive for cardboard to take home. help me

I did a little google search, and I was unable to find something like that. That's strange, because it is said that anything that exists it can be found on the internet. You clearly exist , so may be you are starting a new wave? Regarding your fetish, I think it may be linked somehow to a sort of BDSM, as you put in your post, you like the "enclosed feeling". When I was a kid, I liked to be inside that boxes and imagined myself inside sleeping bags closed from the outside (yes yes, I developed some kind of bondage fetish) which, with the time was clearly a bondage fetish combined with the excitement of being padded.

May be you're not as alone as you say, may be you just need to go outside more often and explore the outside world as well as your own body and your inner self.

May be a moderator can tell you what or what not to discuss here, but I think this community is really open.

Cheer up!

There is literally a fetish for EVERYTHING. Everything that exists, someone gets off on it, I assure you. Even if you're the only one into cardboard (which you probably aren't: it's a biiig world with a lot of people), it's nothing to feel weird about.

As long as something makes you happy, and it isn't hurting you or anyone else, just go with it! The universe made you unique. Embrace it!

Hey Keith, and welcome aboard. It's good to have you with us.

I will admit, I've never heard of a carboard fetish, but I can see how that could happen. It's really not that weird, especially compared to some of the fetishes out there (List of paraphilias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Just be glad you're not into anthropophagolangia or something similarly dangerous! (Yours would fall into the 'Paraphilia - Not Otherwise Specified' category, since it's a paraphilia that hasn't been formally classified yet). Everything is someone's fetish, as Maritime said. Cardboard seems like a pretty tame, sanitary one. I don't think it's a bad thing.

I think a larger issue here is self-acceptance. If your fetish isn't dangerous or illegal, then the most important thing is learning to express it in a safe, controlled way. Let's face it, your love of cardboard isn't inherently harmful. You can have a happy life with it. The key is learning to bring it under your control.

This is something I can speak to, with my own diaper fetish. For a long time I went through what's called the Binge/Purge cycle. I bounced between having a super-strong desire for diapers and rushing out to buy them, indulging like crazy, then stopping and shaking my head at myself and throwing it all away. I did this for years, wasting money and seriously damaging my self-respect. There were times where I hated myself, thinking I was all kinds of messed up. And this was knowing there were other people out there with my fetish!

The only thing that changed it was learning to accept it. I realized that my condition was there, it wasn't going away (fetishes almost never do, even with intensive therapy), and that it was safe if it was under my control. So I decided to embrace wearing diapers, but try doing it in a controlled way. I only wore on certain days, for a set length of time, and made sure I was pursuing a healthy life outside my diapers. I didn't do anything that was unsafe, illegal, or could threaten my personal reputation. And in time, I realized that this wasn't a curse, but a way to enjoy my life!

I'd imagine that it's similar with cardboard boxes. It is with most fetishes.

Accept that your interests are here, they're probably not going away, and that they're OK. They just need to be put under your control. If you like to pleasure yourself in cardboard boxes, that's OK, as long as it's in the privacy of your home with boxes you've acquired legally and in a sanitary way. If it's taking up time you'd rather spend finding friends or living your life the way you want to, cut back. Don't throw everything out, but set it aside for some time until you're more adjusted. The key isn't throwing it all away, or doing nothing but playing with boxes. It's finding the balance.

As for fellow people with this fetish, communities such as this one aren't a bad place to start. We've got some kinky people here (...OK, most of us...), and you may just find someone else to chat about your interests with. If not, one of the larger fetish sites such as FetLife may have some others who have heard of this. And we can totally help you work out your diaper interests!

Welcome to ADISC, and I hope you'll stick around. Hope my advice helps you

Having a cardboard fetish is a lot like having a diaper fetish in that both are harmless. They don't impact on others and they don't cause harm.

KeithCardboard

this is a little hard to describe but looking at a cardboard box is like looking at a naked woman or whatever. it is smooth, it can fold to most shapes. it never complains and it is used to store things. i guess the only difference is that i store myself in cardboard boxes.

KeithCardboard

so sometimes i feel alienated with my cardboard desires. i guess it stems from childhood when i helped my uncle at the courier service during the summer. i used to tear pieces of cardboard and keep them in my coat pocket. at night i would feel the pieces of cardboard and it would made me feel happy inside. i then started to visit my library and took out books about paper production and cardboard manufacture. its werid because diapers contain paper pulp which is a similar material to the production of cardboard.

From my perspective it's a strong attachment to the tactile sensations. While yours might be the first case of liking cardboard it's not really all that different from people who engage in pool toy, inflatable and balloon fetishes. They all have the common element of soft and smooth feel to the fingertips. Something I read a few months ago mentioned autism and mylar balloons as a sort of therapy. Everyone seeks new sensations in one form or another; some happen to be sound oriented, some are visually stimulated while others respond to touching and feeling. This is a good subject and I want to encourage you to feel better about yourself; as others have mentioned it is a bit tame in relativity to the more serious things people can become interested in