Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Footies/onesies with moulded plastic feet

Default Footies/onesies with moulded plastic feet

So,

As it says...

Anyone remember the old plastic/vinal full moulded feet sleepers?

I had some as a kid...but the feet grew too small...so were cut off...

I'd love to find a pair again...even just the feet...in my size 13us of course...

Anyone have any ideas?

It never herd of them but they sound really interesting I would have to try them

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewiatt View Post
    It never herd of them but they sound really interesting I would have to try them
    Yah, I'd say early 70's was the end of them...

They were like a mix of rubber and plastic for the feel...

I remeber pulling off killer slides with those on the kitchen floor!

Quote Originally Posted by LilBiker View Post
    Yes,

Exactly, not for practicality...I fall down enough every day...went for a half flight of stairs yesterday...bad foot and all...

But I remember them very well...and I don't know where or what type of plastic they were made of...I'm sure something totally toxic and will degrade in like 2 bazillion years...it was the late 60's when they were first made afaik...

But, I'd still like to have some...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilBiker View Post
    Yes,

Exactly, not for practicality...I fall down enough every day...went for a half flight of stairs yesterday...bad foot and all...

But I remember them very well...and I don't know where or what type of plastic they were made of...I'm sure something totally toxic and will degrade in like 2 bazillion years...it was the late 60's when they were first made afaik...

But, I'd still like to have some...

Yup, I wore them till I was around 7 yrs old, they were available in a variety of pastel colors, I remember I had a light blue one (I think its the classic we refer as baby blue), a yellow one and a kind of royal blue too, I know my brother had a pink one, he loved it so much, my mother wanted to get rid of it but he always wanted to wear it... Sadly I don't think we can purchase any of them anymore, would be cool in adult sizes but I think they aren't allowed to be sold anymore, the fact that the feet were slippery wasn't good, my cousin ended up at the hospital once after falling down in the cave because of this type of sleeper, my aunt cut all of the feet of all the sleepers he had and my mother did the same to ours after that...

The way you asked the question makes me wonder if you are talking about something I've never seen or if you are talking about what I've mentioned a couple times that I wish someone still made. Molded plastic feet sounds like hard plastic? Or do you mean the thin white vinyl that was lined with a thin layer of soft material? The material didn't hold up to wear all that well if you wore them every night (as I did as a kid).

I don't care much for non-slip dots and dislike footed pjs that only have plain fleece on the feet. I love my Snug as a Bug footies but the only problem I have is they use black vinyl, not white, for the feet, and pockets would be nice.

I have a bad picture I saved from somewhere (ebay?):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34_1.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	19599

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylfeet View Post
    The way you asked the question makes me wonder if you are talking about something I've never seen or if you are talking about what I've mentioned a couple times that I wish someone still made. Molded plastic feet sounds like hard plastic? Or do you mean the thin white vinyl that was lined with a thin layer of soft material? The material didn't hold up to wear all that well if you wore them every night (as I did as a kid).

I don't care much for non-slip dots and dislike footed pjs that only have plain fleece on the feet. I love my Snug as a Bug footies but the only problem I have is they use black vinyl, not white, for the feet, and pockets would be nice.

I have a bad picture I saved from somewhere (ebay?):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34_1.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	19599
    No,

Not like that....more full feet...and a somewhat plastic material...

I haven't seen them in over 30 years...

I've got the Snug as a bug footsies and Love them! they are puppy paw printed

I have heard about the plastic molded feet but from what I read on wikipedia they didn't seem to be very popular.

"Molded plastic feet
    Around 1970, some sleepers were made with foot bottoms made from three-dimensional molded plastic. This feature proved unpopular, and was quickly abandoned".

(Blanket sleeper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Would however be nice to see some pictures of those. I also read somewhere that your feet would get pretty sweaty in those plastic molded feet?

-Zebben