Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: 'Giant baby' pervert has nappy fetish

  1. #1

    Default 'Giant baby' pervert has nappy fetish

    Read this:

    'Giant baby' pervert has nappy fetish | Exeter Express and Echo

    I just came across this article posted in October 2013. Although what the person in question did was very tasteless and inappropriate/illegal, especially with the indecent images thing..

    But I found the journalism a bit shoddy, particularly when it states that he suffers from a rare condition called paraphilic infantilism or adult baby syndrome and wears giant sized nappies when he is at home.

    I mean, do we SUFFER from 'adult baby syndrome'? Is it even a medical condition?

  2. #2

    Default

    Well, under the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, any fetish that causes undue distress to the individual, harm to others, or a failure to function in day-to-day life (over a period of six months) is classified as a psychiatric disorder. I think infantilism gets a mention under the banner of sexual masochism, though for some it'd be more appropriately covered by non-human object fetishism.

    But that wouldn't apply to the majority of members here, or indeed the ABDL community at large; who function as full members of society, don't suffer from distress for extended periods, don't harm anyone, and who enjoy a full 'normal' sex life alongside AB/DL.

    But if your regular life is interrupted by your fantasies, if it stops you from leading a normal existence - like this guy in the article, obsessively searching for images of children - then it's quite possible that you're suffering from some sort of psychological disturbance.

  3. #3

    Default

    well should this not be under Mature Topics? That just sounds more appropriate and all.

  4. #4

    Default

    I agree with the lazy journalism on this article, just very poor choice of words without an afterthought of how this could be perceived by readers.
    It does put a negative spin and makes me feel I have a disease. No good!

  5. #5

    Default

    I agree in that the article wasn't well written, nor was it researched as it should have been. As usual, the media doesn't understand us at all. Sadly, this guy has put us in a poor light. Usually when we get press time, it's bad press.

    On a brighter note, I saw Miley Cyrus at the American Music Awards, and on her skirt, were two golden safety pins. Considering that she has worn costumes resembling onsies and diapers, she certainly is making a statement, as we all know that the diaper pin is a sign of recognizing one another as AB/DL. I've seen golden safety pins used on dresses by the muggles, but I'm convinced Miley is one of us.

  6. #6

    Default

    Interesting that you are do not happy about the way that chap is described in the article but seem to not give a thing about the rest.

    In my opinion the really interesting thing about this article is, that a man who downloaded illegal (by "accident") pictures on the net, gets almost jailed and private interests (AB), name and address get published??? WTF?
    The real question is, How did they found out what he did?

    I mean this could happen to anyone. You can not be sure about the stuff somewhere on your harddisk downloaded years ago.

    To clarify child abuse or anything similar is absolute no go!!!

  7. #7

    Default

    The problem with media is that, when it comes down to it, it is comprised of human beings writing the stories, who themselves have their own biases and preconceived notions. It becomes damaging when they try to portray their own interpretations as 'facts.'

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by robertwausk View Post
    Interesting that you are do not happy about the way that chap is described in the article but seem to not give a thing about the rest.
    If you read what I actually posted, I described the accused actions as 'tasteless and inappropriate/illegal'.

    My main grievance is that being an AB is described as some sort of disorder/medical condition that someone suffers from. What if the journalist would have written that being Gay is a medical condition that causes illegal activity? That would cause outrage!

    I rarely see anything positive about AB/DL's in journalism and although what the accused man did was wrong, I feel that journalism like this paints us all with the same brush and it makes me angry. They did this to gays 50 years ago, and now it's us, of course on a smaller scale.

  9. #9
    Gemmapad94

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by RouteLeader View Post
    I rarely see anything positive about AB/DL's in journalism and although what the accused man did was wrong, I feel that journalism like this paints us all with the same brush and it makes me angry. They did this to gays 50 years ago, and now it's us, of course on a smaller scale.
    RouteLeader makes a very good point here. Just google something like *Adult Baby news* or something along those lines. I bet you will come across majority negative news articles about us. The LGBT community experienced the same, being labelled perverts, immoral, illegal even though what they were doing was harmless. Theres not a lot we can do about it unfortunately :-( But nonetheless this is an fascinating topic for debate!

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by NikJ View Post
    Well, under the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, any fetish that causes undue distress to the individual, harm to others, or a failure to function in day-to-day life (over a period of six months) is classified as a psychiatric disorder. I think infantilism gets a mention under the banner of sexual masochism, though for some it'd be more appropriately covered by non-human object fetishism.

    But that wouldn't apply to the majority of members here, or indeed the ABDL community at large; who function as full members of society, don't suffer from distress for extended periods, don't harm anyone, and who enjoy a full 'normal' sex life alongside AB/DL.

    But if your regular life is interrupted by your fantasies, if it stops you from leading a normal existence - like this guy in the article, obsessively searching for images of children - then it's quite possible that you're suffering from some sort of psychological disturbance.
    why would anyone clasify it as sexual masochism. Eew. I was under the impression infantilism was pretty much ab with little or nothing to do with dl. Was i wrong? Because the act of mixing masochism, sex. And ab would viojate my little side badly. Scientists need to research before classifying things.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-Jul-2013, 06:09
  2. does anyone else have a baby wipe fetish?
    By sweller55 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27-Mar-2013, 07:02
  3. a pervert
    By wetd in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-May-2009, 06:33
  4. Baby-Adult Nappy Guide!
    By Tommy in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-May-2008, 08:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.