Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Forgive me for being unoriginal by borrowing spddan's format, but it really does seem like the most concise way to get through awkward introductions. Thank you, spddan for sharing it!

1) Hello! Who are you?

I'm that girl who spends her Friday nights reading fanfiction on the internet rather than having a social life. I'm the girl who remains stoic through the saddest of personal experiences but then cries while watching Love Actually. I'm that girl who obsessively researches and comes up with a five year plan that ends with her becoming an ex-pat and knows that it has only the faintest shot in the dark of working...but who intends to try anyway. I'm autistic and have been diagnosed with both anxiety and depression. I talk either way too much about one specific thing or hardly not at all. I prefer Tumblr to Twitter and recently closed my Facebook account. I'm the kind of person who thinks that says something about my personality.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

My main interest is in regression as a way to deal with stress and anxiety. Diapers are a part of that, but by no means the main part -- in fact, I've only just recently placed an order for my first diapers and haven't received them yet, but I've been regressing (and avidly lurking in this forum) for years. Diapers are totally cool and all but what really interests me is how much better I feel and how much easier I find it to cope with every day life when I allow myself to just stop, regress, and relax for a little while every so often. Not that I'm not excited about receiving those diapers. Because I really, really am.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

I'm pretty big into video games at the moment, either playing myself (Minecraft, The Sims...I really like open-ended games with little to no objective where I can just mess about for awhile; I also really love the Dragon Age series and can't wait for Inquisition to arrive) or else watching "Let's Play" videos on YouTube (my favorites are the Rooster Teeth channel and the Yogscast channels). If you'd told me before I got addicted to them that watching other people play video games would be so fun, I'd have laughed in your face, but here we are.

I am also a writer, primarily fanfiction but I also write semi-professionally for a major UK geeky news site. It does pay, but not enough to cover the bills, so I have another, full-time job working as an office assistant. Not nearly as fun, but it's easy work and it's better than being a "starving artist."

I'm a bit of an Anglophile; I watch more English television than I do American and I think Liverpool is probably the best city in the entire world and I desperately want to go to grad school there. I'm also a huge supporter of the Liverpool FC. I don't watch a lot of sports otherwise, but the Barclays Premier League has taken my heart by storm and here I am.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

I guess I'd like to make friends who share my (non-AB/DL) interests. It'd be nice to have someone to chat to during Liverpool games, for instance, to celebrate victories/mourn losses with. Or someone who shares my geeky side/is into fandom. I have other friends, but no one knows about the AB thing so it'd be really cool to have a friend with whom I didn't have to lie or omit that stuff even though our friendship was based on other things. More open friendships, really, is what I'm looking for.

So...hi, everyone, how's it going?

Hi and welcome to the forums. That was a very nice introduction. I hope you enjoy your first diapers!

Gudday and welcome to adisc
    That was a great introduction you did, your writing skills show!
    I hope you enjoy being a part of the forums here. ^.^