Thread: Need some advice on traveling

Default Need some advice on traveling

OK so I get promoted at work and its requiring me to go away for 4 to 5 weeks I am going to have to Fly and Not looking at going though TSA I am Incon so I need to know if I am going to require a letter from my Dr so I don't get hassled by TSA Any help any expediences with this ? as some of the supplies are going with me I was going to buy local or just order some and have them sent to me and My job dose not know that I am Incon as I have never told them Id like to keep that quite

I fly frequently for work...

Whilst I don't know about your IC and how you take care of it - here's what I do:

If I go with diapers (as of recent I've become a bit of a more frquent user of condom catheters / condom urinals) - has some advantages in situations where diapers possibly couldn't be changed often or supply is hard to come by / difficult to carry)....
    Well, but if I go with diapers - I usually choose my level of protection according to the situation and the approximate amount of hours I will be unable to change the product.
    So during the day, unless long car trips - and flying (which can have forced prolonged bathroom limits) - I often go with thin pads, which I tend to change frequently.
    But even if I diaper up, it's VERY rare that I wear anything more serious than a Tena Slip Plus (or super) or an Attends M8 or M9 during the day.
    (for night time - I usually wear an Attends M10 - just as a reference).
    I'm no fan at all of thicker than really necessary diapers, as they make me uncomfortable when walking, etc (and for hygienic reasons - I prefer to change more often).

So when I fly I either have the condom urinal or diapers mostly these days:
    when diapers: I change into a fresh one (or a pad) for the time of the checkin/security-control boarding and I make sure I go to the toilet / wear a fresh one.
    For two reasons ... (I only had to go through the new scanners twice - and nothing - but they react to liquids...) - One: Scanners (if I have to do this) - second reason: strip search... now if I have to go through that (rarely happens - but I fly about once a month at least ... so chances exist) - I prefer the diapers to be clean.
    I WEAR BOXER BRIEFS OVER the diapers!! and I rarely had to strip those down to let the diaper be seen...)

But honestly, most of the time, when I was patted down, nothing was noticed... the few times I got asked to get undressed I explained that I'm incontinent.

never shown a note from my doc or anything, and neither do I mention my IC or the diapers unless specifically asked.
    it's a private matter.

Luggage... now when I travel with diapers the major load is in the checked in luggage - and for this I have a note from the doc -> this allows me (usually) free of charge extra luggage for medical equipment.

But often (as I'm only out for a day or two) I have only a carry-on... then the diapers are in there.
    and when scanned - it never got flagged for the diapers... when searched (for whatever reason) I always asked for a private screening.
    That never gotten any problems.

A few tips: be as polite as you can... be well dressed, immaculate and don't make a fuss... treat it normal and it's not going to be treated any different.

But of course, if you choose to walk through security with a visibly bulging behind from seriously thick diapers - well it's going to raise questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklemedic View Post
    OK so I get promoted at work and its requiring me to go away for 4 to 5 weeks I am going to have to Fly and Not looking at going though TSA I am Incon so I need to know if I am going to require a letter from my Dr so I don't get hassled by TSA Any help any expediences with this ? as some of the supplies are going with me I was going to buy local or just order some and have them sent to me and My job dose not know that I am Incon as I have never told them Id like to keep that quite
    I've read some posts about this subject before. I don't claim to be a expert on the TSA or anything. But what I can remember from those other posts, you don't have to have a Dr.'s not to get through the security check with them. Also, from what I remember, the body scanner won't go off on a dry diaper. But I can't remember what was said before about a wet one. Just try to make sure you are dry before getting in line.

There isn't anything wrong about having diapers in your bags. They shouldn't set anything off. And if they do look in the bags, they'll see the diapers and move on. I'm sure that they see a bunch of people with diapers in their bags, and don't think anything of it.

If it was me, I'd take a package with me, enough to get me by for several days, and have more ordered and delivered to where you'll be staying at. Taking too much through security and having it checked on the plane is a pain. Depending on the airline, you might also have a bunch of fees for checking too much stuff. I think you'd be better off, taking a supply with you that you could live with for awhile, and getting more sent to you later, after you've settled in.

I flew to Costa Rica once with a case of Abenas, mostly checked in with a military duffel bag, but a few on my carry on, I actually ended up with less bulk after souveniers there. never got an ounce of grief. got more grief with trying to board a plane in CR back to the US with a lighter that US TSA let me on with at the start of the trip.

Flying diapered? yup, roughly twice a year for the past 10. not once had I gotten a hint of grief, even rolling through the scanners about half the time with a lightly wet one.

Can't say being pulled over and body searched isn't a possibility, but, it hasn't happened to me yet. One of my co-workers however, seems to be on the double secret list and gets yanked every other time.

as far as the TSA is concerned, they do have a sense of humor, I've seen it, they just seem not to be allowed to show it to the general public.

then again it DOES help that I have security clearances for everywhere with the local airports

I just flew padded thick with a bambino and a quadro booster. Not a second look or anything at security. I was however still dry at that point...

While I have never traveled padded, TSA has never said a word about the 3 or 4 Abenas I have packed in my carry on.

^why should they? I feel like everyone really overstresses about flying with diapers. I think the only issue that ever comes up is when they are soaked and raises a concern of concealing/disguising explosive or flammable liquids in a diaper as urine. Which I guess I can understand to some extent...