Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roar?

Default Roar?

Sup Adisc? Been awhile, has it not? I figured it's been so long and after taking some time to prowl around I find myself not having a clue who all these new faces are. That coin can be flipped both ways though so I guess it's time for an attempt at a new intro.

My name is Statik, most my friends simply call me cub or lion. I have many other nicknames but all in good time. I'm 32 but in my world years translates to months. Where's a good devil icon when you need one? I live in good ol' Southern California but I was raised in Florida unfortunately. My background is NOT all sugar plums and fairies. I come from a very broken family and have many tales of terror that would leave you questioning what is fiction and what is not. A lot of the older adisc veterans on here can perhaps vouch for me on this subject. Let's just say when I originally first came to ADISC, I left quite the mark. No I didn't piss on anything to mark my territory. That's what a diaper is for after all, is it not? Wait diapers you say? Yeah I like those too.

What else makes me, me? Well I'm a furry as I kinda hinted at earlier. Been a lion for god knows how long, a very long time in other words. It's very much a personal connection to me that has always been there and just feels "right". My better half is also a furry, lion of course. We've been pack mates and best friends for well over 12 years now. I guess you could say we also have kids, two of them even. Though their furry, licky, and quite the little terrors. Two huskies named Akira and Nuka. It goes without saying but they are our world. And the final addition to our little family, mommy. Yup, no joke. God what can I say about her? Simply amazing. I've wanted a mommy pretty much forever as some of you know. The countless searches, the constant let downs, the lies, and the heartbreak. I've experienced it all but I never gave up. In the end I finally have something to show for my persistence. I'm so grateful to have a partner that not only understands how important she is to me but also supports it. I'm trying to get her to join adisc so paws crossed on that one. Warning: If you try to steal her, I will kill you.

Now digging deeper into what makes me, me? I love music. I feel like that one scene from Lilo & Stitch where Lilo plays a vinyl record and puts Stitch's claw on the record as a makeshift needle, opens his mouth and music plays. I could very much see myself in that position as music has always been in my veins. I grew up with punk rock since it was either that or country. Now that I'm older I'm very much into jungle, dnb, dubstep (not the generic brostep shit), downtempo, glitch, and just good ol' experimental beats. I love music is what it comes down to and I consider myself very educated when it comes to this subject or even passion. Yes I own turntables, what kind of fool you take me for? Put the needle on the track and let me show you how the West Coast Rocks.

I would say art is also a huge part of my life. I don't mean furry art either. I'm really into graffiti and just the street art lifestyle as a whole. I'm quite the collector and very proud of what my flat file currently holds. Getting it all framed is the next step. My new avatar represents my favorite artist of all time, DALeast. I own quite a few pieces of his so that makes me very happy just to type considering the crazy aftermarket value for his work. Few honorable mentions of other artists I like, not all street art mind you: Space Invader, ROA, Josh Keyes, Jay Shaw, Aaron Horkey, Faith47, Mike Mitchell, Ken Taylor, Rhys Cooper, Zoltron, Brin Levinson, Nathan Ota, 123Klan, Christopher Lovell, and Dan Mumford. That's only a short list too!

Did I cover everything? Probably not but at least it's a start. I look forward to reestablishing my name on here.

Oh wait, I forgot Maney. God he would kick my ass if I forgot him. Maney is my favorite plushie lion. He helps me let the cub out when the time is right, my defender of nightmares, and just all around hero. Okay, now I'm done. Feel free to check my past started posts if you want to know about the past me. I'm willing to bet you never read anything like it on here. I tend to have that effect on people. *grins*

Hey bud and welcome back. Yeah, I'm still here.

Hey thanks everyone. Good to be back. I'll be posting some photos of what happened to me over Xmas break here shortly. In the meantime I'm trying to get my mommy on here. Look out for the name, MommyZorra and please make her feel welcomed since she's new to this whole forum thing.

Quote Originally Posted by statik View Post
    Hey thanks everyone. Good to be back. I'll be posting some photos of what happened to me over Xmas break here shortly. In the meantime I'm trying to get my mommy on here. Look out for the name, MommyZorra and please make her feel welcomed since she's new to this whole forum thing.
    Good to see you back, although I figured you were just out prowling around and would return in your own time. I think most anyone with "mommy" in their nick will be made to feel welcome but it might draw more attention than is desired. Something to think about. I suppose she can just stock up on metaphorical pepper spray for the occasional person with bad boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Good to see you back, although I figured you were just out prowling around and would return in your own time. I think most anyone with "mommy" in their nick will be made to feel welcome but it might draw more attention than is desired. Something to think about. I suppose she can just stock up on metaphorical pepper spray for the occasional person with bad boundaries.
    If she can handle me, she can handle them. If not, she can always send me in to defend even though she keeps my claws cut short since I have a bad habit of biting them that she's trying to break. *grin*

Prowling for sure. Mainly get so caught up in work that it's hard to find any free time. The little free time I have usually goes into making my partner happy or some chore which probably involves the house since we're still kinda new house owners. Oh yeah and of course the huskies who require all kinds of attention. How can you deny those faces though?

Check Mature forum for some gnarly photos of what else I been up to.

I seen the roar title so I had to check it out. ^_^

Dont think I ever seen you or that I remember. Tho welcome back.
    A furry here and BF and DF here.

I always have to have a plushie too sleep with.
    I sleep with a Stich plushie, tho my main is Chip, a dragon plushie.
    I dun sleep with him as not to wear him out.

Quote Originally Posted by statik View Post
    If she can handle me, she can handle them. If not, she can always send me in to defend even though she keeps my claws cut short since I have a bad habit of biting them that she's trying to break. *grin*

Prowling for sure. Mainly get so caught up in work that it's hard to find any free time. The little free time I have usually goes into making my partner happy or some chore which probably involves the house since we're still kinda new house owners. Oh yeah and of course the huskies who require all kinds of attention. How can you deny those faces though?

Check Mature forum for some gnarly photos of what else I been up to.
    Little angels! At least when they're asleep