Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moments when you realize how close you are to something.

Default Moments when you realize how close you are to something.

I just realized that Aww so cute is run out of Las Vegas Nevada, which is two hours away from me in St. George Utah. It just made my mind have a small explosion.
    I also had the same thing happen when I realized that the phone number for PacifiersRus is out of Montana, which i spent some time in too.

Ever have those moments where you're like, "Whoa, there is adult baby stuff near me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Ever have those moments where you're like, "Whoa, there is adult baby stuff near me!"
    as far as diapers go, yes.
    where i live, we have the legacy of King Cotton (cotton mills, textiles, etc) and with his demise, many of the mills diversified into the manufacture of disposable diapers and pads (for they were once solely cotton based products) and, more lately, the importation and supply of the same.
    in the pre-internet days, and with this Britain, dispes were quite hard to source in the retail market (and it's largely still the same, with disability and mobility shops being the main sources; not places that most would frequent, for to happen upon a desirable product), so finding out that there was a 'open secret' trade in dispies was a bit mind-boggling/expanding. it made one all the more keen to find these 'hidden' supplies.
    even Hartmann used to have a nearby depot in an old engineering factory (the kind of small factory which once made tools for the mills) and i used to dream and plan a daring nighttime raid, not knowing that they sold to the general public, if one were brave enough to broach (see what i did, there? ).
    i've also been 'lucky' enough (crap pay, crap work, don't ask) to work in such an old mill, handling the goods and witnessing the manufacturing process . i got loads of free samples, too, from the on-site shop! i also got loads and loads of wipes (off-cuts from the cutting machine).

sometimes, i do miss those old days, when every dispie was a hard won and one had to plan a 'hunt' and be forever keen and hopeful, and sometimes surprised. now, if need be, i just do a few keyboard strokes and i'm guaranteed a result (and that's aside from knowing all the nearby places that do make/supply diapers, and with having my regular haunts).

I just realized that Aww so cute is run out of Las Vegas Nevada, which is two hours away from me in St. George Utah.
    Hate to burst your bubble, but being a frequent visitor to the Las Vegas area, there are no adult baby stores or suppliers there (with the exception of the adult sex stores). Their website only shows a P.O. Box. Nevada has no business tax so a lot of businesses operate there to avoid the taxes that other states have. The main warehouse is probably somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but being a frequent visitor to the Las Vegas area, there are no adult baby stores or suppliers there (with the exception of the adult sex stores). Their website only shows a P.O. Box. Nevada has no business tax so a lot of businesses operate there to avoid the taxes that other states have. The main warehouse is probably somewhere else.
    Well i assumed that they didn't have an open store, but I also assumed that their warehouse was there, but I guess it might not be if your point is right.

If I remember right on my Aww So Cute orders UPS picked them up in Las Vegas and then on to Phoenix and to Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    If I remember right on my Aww So Cute orders UPS picked them up in Las Vegas and then on to Phoenix and to Dallas.
    Sweet, so they are shipped from there.

Sweet, so they are shipped from there.
    Alas! My Google searches might be misleading!

I hope this is true. I live in Vegas. Just emailed them asking about local pickup but haven't heard back yet. Will let everyone know the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by codydl88 View Post
    I hope this is true. I live in Vegas. Just emailed them asking about local pickup but haven't heard back yet. Will let everyone know the outcome
    Hey codydll88! Looks like you haven't formally introduced yourself yet. Please take a minute or two and start a new thread and tell us more about yourself. Here's a tutorial if you need one here. Welcome!