Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety/Stress/Lack of Focus - while wearing diapers?

Default Anxiety/Stress/Lack of Focus - while wearing diapers?

So I've been at peace with this part of my life for about five years now. By this, I mean, I have accepted that my interest in diapers won't go away and that using them with moderation is reasonable. For the 15 years before this, I was at war with it and had the Normal cycles of shame and binge/purge events.

Lately, whenever I wear just for fun around the house or while I'm doing some work on the computer, I find that I feel this edge of low-grade anxiety and stress. If I'm trying to work/think, I have a difficult time concentrating. If I'm trying to just have a good time, I can't really fully call down and enjoy myself. It's like wearing puts me in this heightened state of....whatever this is...

Anyone else relate in similar/same ways?
    Thanks

Actually, I'm just the opposite. The only way I can relax is with a diaper on!

I like to think I've outgrown the need to be "babied," but I still enjoy sitting at my desk in wet pants. I actually think I'm more productive; I drink a lot of liquids through the day, and with a diaper on, I don't need to go to the bathroom every little while.

I guess my dream would be to have a sweet, attractive young woman sitting in the living room, watching TV while I work (I work at home) and coming in every hour or so to tell me it's time to get my diaper changed.

I feel plenty of stress without a diaper on; being diapered helps melt the stress away. That leaves me free to concentrate on whatever I'm doing.

nope, not anymore.. I will admit it was bit of a problem the first year or 2 I wore them daily tho

I have experienced the same thing the times I've worn diapers to work. Even if I was not taking care of anything particularly stressful, I noticed that at the end of the day I was more tired than I'd have been normally. It's like if I was a computer and the process "wearing_diapers.exe" was constantly making use of some percentage of the CPU instead of being at 0 like, for instance, the process "wearing_glasses.exe" is. (pardon the geeky comparison xD) In other words, I still have a certain degree of self consciousness. This is one of the reasons I was surprised when getting to know about some DLs wearing diapers to school exams in order to avoid toilet breaks (of course for each one of us wearing diapers triggers different mind statuses, so that explains it).

This doesn't happen when I'm just chilling out at home or working in my studio with no one else around, situations in which I do wear way more often, so I'd say it's just a matter of me not being used enough to wearing diapers when I'm out for work.

Not long ago, I was sometimes reluctant about wearing diapers even when out and about enjoying a vacation, because I thought that they'd have taken a part of my attention and made me enjoy the vacation less. It turned out that, going back thinking about the specific vacation, not only I hardly remembered whether I was diapered or not in a certain moment, but the times I did and I was, it always felt good.

Considering I too have definitively got rid of my binge-purge cycles not more than a few years ago, I think we're in a very similar situation. So you can either just avoid wearing when you know you'll need to concentrate on some important task, or progressively work towards making yourself less self-conscious about being diapered. This is obviously achieved by wearing more in those situations you feel less like wearing

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    Lately, whenever I wear just for fun around the house or while I'm doing some work on the computer, I find that I feel this edge of low-grade anxiety and stress. If I'm trying to work/think, I have a difficult time concentrating. If I'm trying to just have a good time, I can't really fully call down and enjoy myself. It's like wearing puts me in this heightened state of....whatever this is...
    I know the feeling. When I wear, it adds other concerns such as someone noticing or leaks; additional decisions are also required to address bladder status. To correct this, I identify the specific source of anxiety and address it to reduce the anxiety. At home, I put an underpad on my couch if leaks are a concern. When wearing in public, I know what to wear to minimize anxiety and can reassure myself it will not be an issue. With the source removed, I can get my mind to concentrate on other things. My bladder causes me stress and anxiety so diapers often reduce reduce the total and permit me to concentrate better. Figure out why they cause you anxiety and perhaps you can correct it.

For me, it adds a certain amount of sexual tension as diapers are sexual for me. At the same time, it's a big turn on, so it's pleasurable. It's an odd combination of emotions. Ultimately, I'd rather be wearing than not.

Thanks for the replies.
    I think the suggestion to root out the true source of the anxiety makes sense. Takes some courage though because I'm not always sure we want to discover what's in there if -- sometimes scary stuff about ourselves or our pasts.

On one level, I do think some of my anxiety is connected to shame that I've inherited from bad versions of Christianity. Like even though I logically have come to peace with this part of myself, I still emotionally or sub consciously have my doubts that God is really ok with it. For example, if people at my church knew, they almost certainly would universally condemn this and label me as a pedophile or freak -- knowing this about my conservative denomination brings doubts creeping in and I think that tends to create anxiety.

I think I might have similar doubts about my wife although those are even more unfounded. She's been nothing but accepting.

No I can't relate. I am totally okay with who I am. Maybe you should see a therapist to help with your mental issues that could be helpful?

A joke many people have told me after hearing that I am Baptist: "when you take a Baptist fishing, how do you keep him from drinking all your beer? ... Take two." Moments later: "Don't you get it, they will not drink in front of other Baptists." Even though I find the joke offensive, there is a nugget of truth. Some people tailor their actions to not offend the group. One person I knew well would hurry to his truck after church for chewing tobacco and hid his habit well.

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    On one level, I do think some of my anxiety is connected to shame that I've inherited from bad versions of Christianity... For example, if people at my church knew, they almost certainly would universally condemn this and label me as a pedophile or freak -- knowing this about my conservative denomination brings doubts creeping in and I think that tends to create anxiety.

I think I might have similar doubts about my wife although those are even more unfounded. She's been nothing but accepting.
    Making negative assumptions without supporting evidence and then replaying it in the mind is unhealthy; my psychologist told me that... Previously, I thought that secular psychologists were frowned upon by my church. Recently, I discovered that, while there is a general concern toward secular psychologists questioning a person's core spiritual beliefs, a person meeting with a psychologist is not immediately shunned or cast out. I was instead encouraged in my efforts to use the available resources available to correct a problem.

Regarding the church and diapers, is there another equally valid possibility? Could the church continue to love and welcome you even though some aspects of your private life do not match their private life? When I revealed my private interest in bondage with some church members during a discussion of a recent life event of mine, the bondage aspect was ignored as an unimportant detail. Revealing my deepest secret caused none of my fears and probably is not even remembered. We all have private portions of our life unique to us. Keep them private when possible and forget about worrying how others may respond. We can neither know how they will respond nor change their decisions. Leave it in God's hands and He will handle it.

I find that they calm me down dramatically... but I feel a little self-conscious. My wife LOVES it when I wear, not that she gets off on it, but knowing that I enjoy it makes her happy. She doesn't play as much as I'd like, nor does she wear, but when I do i feel as though "this is deliberate down-time" and all I want to do is drink and surf... no work to be done that day.