Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XBox One, who has one?

It's kind of upsetting that the XBox One didn't support 3D. It kind of makes it the not so "all in one".

I've enjoyed the few available 3D games.

The PlayStation 4 doesn't support it either.

I'll wait until they make it available because all of the games that are out do not even meet any expectations. They've just pushed out up-converted the games. They need to start digging in to see what they can do and I sure hope that they don't take too long.

yeah i cant justify paying $500 for a console that will only have 2 games untill they expand their exclusives and actually tap into the potential of the console which even still with its 3-4 year old tech isn't much. ill get a console when it can actually rival my PC in quality and control. OR when it has a decent amount of Console only games which neither console has as of yet. and with no backwards compatibillity and most games being ported From Xbox 360 and PS3 i see no need to get one as of yet.

The Xbox One and PS4 are targeting hard-core gamers right now. Basically, you're buying bragging rights and not much else. Worthwhile titles are scarce (better graphics -- yawwwwnnnn), and there's no backwards compatibility, meaning that the collection of boxes attached to your TV just keeps growing -- a major annoyance for me. As a casual gamer and completionist who enjoys beating the crap out of every last bit of a game before moving on, I expect to be working on my PS3 and Wii titles for some time. At least if my Wii goes south, I can get a Wii U and carry on without a major disruption. I really think the compatibility issue with Sony and Microsoft is bad for consumers and for developers. But! Too late.

I just use steam on my computer. It's much cheaper and has a larger amount of games to chose from.
    Also, I would never put a Fedbox one in my house even if I was payed to. The thing recognizes faces, words, and speech patterns. most importantly, it is always on and always connected to the internet. Bringing something like that into ones home just seems foolish.

I am not impressed with either of the two new consoles. I am of an age now where I am happy to wait years, if need be, to play/buy new games. Think I would wait till they are much cheaper before buying, as there are still hundreds of games for my old consoles I am still to play.

In regards to the two new consoles, I am also not sure about the Xbox having to log online to be used. This just seems creepy, also some third party games run in a higher resolution and frame rates on the new PlayStation which is important if you are really into modern graphics etc.

On the OP finding the new Forza good, I must admit, watching some videos online it looks amazing. Hopefully one of my friends buys one so I can get a little go!

I will abstain from purchasing either, but may be tempted by the Wii U soon as the new Mario and Zelda games are very appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by DexxKizwizard View Post
    In regards to the two new consoles, I am also not sure about the Xbox having to log online to be used. This just seems creepy, also some third party games run in a higher resolution and frame rates on the new PlayStation which is important if you are really into modern graphics etc.
    as for the Xbox One Haveing to log on to be used is not all that creepy if you put it into perspective out of the 3 Modern Gaming systems i have all three are logged into their online systems the second they are turned on and always online unless an internet outage occurs. the Xbox One is no diffrent than the 360, PS3, or PS4 in that respect. the main diffrence now goes to if you loose intrewebs for longer than 30 days (Very very rare)the console becomes useless but even still log on to Xbox live Via Console once per month and you can run it offline just like the 360. and as for the resolution i am curious to see if the games now run nativly in 1080 or retain 720 upscalled to 1080. from the looks of Forza 5 i would say it Runs Nativly in 1080 as does Ryse son of rome. but your third party games are probbly only running 720p upscaled to 1080 whaile PS4 may not support 1080 Nativly (i am not sure as i havent seen a release yet that does) it will definatly be capable of 720 upscaled

I bought the wii u on launch day only because I'm a nintendo fan and went through the painful year 1 drought. I didn't want to repeat that with these consoles, especially since they're more expensive and online play costs 50 on ps4 now. I will be looking forward to games like Destiny when they release, preferably in a bundle. Until then, you guys can all enjoy the bragging rights, Im gonna go play the crap out of Pikmin 3 =)

I'm waiting for the eventual price drop to $300 new or cheaper, even if that means not owning one until 2016.

(I plan on asking for a Xbox 360 Xmas 2014 and a 3DS Xmas 2015 anyways)