Thread: Friendly "Hello" from Texas

Default Friendly "Hello" from Texas

This post is to simple get rid of of the lurker status.

But while I'm here might as well introduce myself!

Hi my name is Brady is live is the great state of Texas, I am a gamer, piano player, and know how to play the trombone, and of course I am a proud DL.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyBunch View Post

Hi my name is Brady is live is the great state of Texas, I am a gamer, piano player, and know how to play the trombone, and of course I am a proud DL.
    Welcome BradyBunch! Glad to see you out of lurker status. Are you a Brady Bunch fan, too?

Welcome to the group. Don't feel bad about lurking and feel free to jump right in and start posting. I'm an Okie myself. When I was in band I played the trumpet. I had to play a valved trombone for awhile to help out one of the younger jazz band groups. LOL, I never really could play bass clef.

Hi Brady,
    welcome here... I have recently converted myself from lurker to 'contributor' also... So, I hope you will enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Welcome BradyBunch! Glad to see you out of lurker status. Are you a Brady Bunch fan, too?
    Hey! nice to meet you too

To answer your question no, but my nickname from literally everyone is BradyBunch so it kinda popped into my head for a username. 😀

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    Welcome to the group. Don't feel bad about lurking and feel free to jump right in and start posting. I'm an Okie myself. When I was in band I played the trumpet. I had to play a valved trombone for awhile to help out one of the younger jazz band groups. LOL, I never really could play bass clef.
    Hi 😉 I'm am glad to be here as well

Truth be told I've have this weird hatred for trumpet players, I don't know why though. I think it has something to do with the saying "One bad apple spoils the bunch."

BTW Did you ever participate in marching band?

Hi �� I'm am glad to be here as well

Truth be told I've have this weird hatred for trumpet players, I don't know why though. I think it has something to do with the saying "One bad apple spoils the bunch."

BTW Did you ever participate in marching band?
    Hatred of trumpet players!?! I'm shocked. This is the first that I'm hearing that we aren't the most beloved instrument in the entire band.

Yeah, there's always a few cocky trumpet players that get the rest of us a bad name. But that's the personality of many trumpet players. You can usually (but not always) tell what instrument someone plays / played just from their personality.

LOL, I remember saying that once, and someone overheard and didn't believe me. They found someone that used to be in band that I didn't know and asked me what he used to play. I talked with him for a few minutes and just said, "Low brass, but I'm not sure what specific instrument." I was right. The guy that had me do this was so confused as to how I knew. The guy that had played low brass, just sat there laughing. He'd never though about the personality of the different sections. But after I pointed it out, he could see it.

Yep, I did a lot of marching when I was in High School. Never did anymore past that tho. I didn't stick with it in College.