Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: does an adult sized pacifier make a difference.

Default does an adult sized pacifier make a difference.

I've got two or three of the biggest baby pacifiers I could find and I always feel like I ave o put in too much effort to keep them in my mouth or to suck on them, and it feels like they don't take up as much of my mouth as they should. Do the bigger paci sizes fix this or am I doing something wrong.

Adult pacifiers definately help with that. The not-tiny nipple stays in a bit better. Though a small one would do. The problem is, when you fall asleep, your body probably isn't accustom to maintaining the suction that keeps it in. Hence, with no suction, it falls out.

Yes!

Using a paci sucks...really!

But, yes a larger one would work better...get a nuk5 they aren't too expensive...

I have a couple...only know where one is right now...it's a standard nuk5...haven't seen my modded rubber over mould butterfly style...

Anyhow, give a bigger one a try...as an aside if you want to see how sizes differ...get a size 1 or 2 and feel it in your mouth...it is quite a bit smaller...that may give you an idea if you go 180 from that

Quote Originally Posted by blablafreckenlover View Post
    I've got two or three of the biggest baby pacifiers I could find and I always feel like I ave o put in too much effort to keep them in my mouth or to suck on them, and it feels like they don't take up as much of my mouth as they should. Do the bigger paci sizes fix this or am I doing something wrong.
    I love the adult sized paci that us AB's love to call the Nuk 5. I always buy mine from the seller Babypants on Amazon.com I prefer a modified guard over the Nuk guards. My favorite guard so far has been the Playtex guard because it allows the nipple to be a bit longer in my mouth. On the baby pants web site they offer a green one with a monkey on it and I think it's so darn cute. I don't like the color but it's bomb!

does anyone happen to know of a paci that is ESPECIALLY helpful for those who have significant dental issues? you see I saw my dentist recently and while I got a decent bill of health he did say I was weird by even the standards of his patients because of the fact that I have 3 stages of development going on in my mouth at the same time right now. one of my baby teeth never came out and I still have all of my wisdom teeth as well and I just want to make sure that I get a paci that will be as easy on them all because I would like to not have to wear dentures when I get older.

I actually prefer the standard guard on the NUK 5, it's shaped to fit a larger face. I started using mine a few years ago as I could not sleep with the mouth guards I had for bruxism, thus my doctor actually suggested that I try the Nuk 5 - my dentist too, is well aware of my regular (every night and a lot of the times when I am driving) usage and sees no damage at all.

To me, they make all the difference. They make about as much difference as putting on an adult diaper compared to a baby one. Some people can still fit in a baby diaper or make it work somehow, but it's just not the same as putting on a diaper that was meant for someone in your size.

Quote Originally Posted by blablafreckenlover View Post
    Yeah, you need to try and adult one. If you get one that's made for an adult, it'll fit in your mouth better, and will stay much better.

The Nuk 5 is a really good adult pacifier. You can get them at several places. The real official one is sold in white only. But you can find people that will take the nipple off of a 5, and will use the more colorful guards that are for toddlers and babies. I know that Babypants sells some of these modified Nuk 5's.

You can also try out pacifers R Us. They've created their own nipple that is shaped after the Nuk nipple. They call it the Nuk 7. Basically it's the same size as the Nuk 5, it's just got a longer stem on it, so that it can fit in your mouth even better. I got my first one of the Nuk 7's a couple of weeks ago, and I'll never go back to the Nuk 5.

The Nuk 7 is wonderful.

anyone have a link to the site where they got there's

I got my first adult one back in March and would use Size 3's. Once I started using the adult one I found it hard for me to use the smaller sizes. I still use the small ones though, even if the adult ones are my favorite to use.