Thread: Protection at work.

Default Protection at work.

So I need advice to how to get some leak protection while working. I do not exactly have a bladder forged from steel so I cannot wait too long before emptying it out. However that is what is going on at work. There will be times that I simply have to hold it for unusual amounts of time. Based off what I understand. This can make bladder issues worse, and sometimes permanent if it is done excessively. The problem is diapers do not farewell under extreme stress, and my job requires allot of movement. More than most jobs do actually which makes holding my bladder even more a circus.

If I get to the point of losing control I just stand there, and will not move until I can get away for a moment. Why I have to stay needs be kept private. I will say though that if I leave when I am needed. It could backfire on me, and all my coworkers. I work at a manufacturing plant so that is why I just cannot walk off any time I please. So is there anything that can help alleviate this problem? I know diapers leak, and seriously I am not going to want to let everyone know my personal problems.

I can slip away sometimes while the line is running, and sometimes say ah fudge it. Then make my way to the private bathroom. Though I usually only got 5 minutes to myself unless it is a 10 minute break. So diapers would hinder my movement which would not work too well for me while working. Is there anything that can hold some wetness that can be changed out quickly? Booster pads do not stay in place that great lol. I wet myself at work today. I lucked out though, and was not bad enough to be seen by everyone. So I hope to ease the strain a bit somehow.

Update: Just so everyone understands my situation I am male. Thank you XD
    Last edited by Tridim; 18-Dec-2013 at 05:05.

Hello there.

For your situation I would say:
    -see a doctor you trust and see if something can be advised to cure you of this
    -ensure you are hydrated. Some people think that just not drinking will help stop leaks and bladder issues. It can make it worse. Drink a moderate amount throughout the day.
    -check these forums for diaper advise, and more specifically perhaps the pull-up style diapers. Some brands (Molicare, Abena) make good pull-up products, and they are more comfortable and easy to wear as normal underwear, just with added leak control!
    -for the stress, perhaps talk to somebody professionally to learn to deal with that. Everybody gets stressed, but the way you deal with it, or allow it to affect you can be worked on.

Good luck my friend, and again remember there is lots of material on this site if you just search for key words. Hit us all up with questions as you go along.

A.

Well i wear 24/7 so this includes work. the first thing you have to assess is how much you wet and how frequent. This will tell you where to start.
    if it is small amounts you can do the 2 pull on diaper method. you wear 2 pull on diapers and if you wet one you can easy remove just the soiled one. pull up diaper also fair a bit better for an active person.

if you have medium to high wetting you'll have to wear a diaper.
    Now for me i wear Tranquility ATN to work for several reasons one is it it has a PH neutralizer so you cant smell the urine and it easily hides under my jeans. i also add a fair bit of baby powder. it lasts about 3 Wettings about that time its lunch and i can change.
    i also use a onezie from Baby Pants, Adult Size Baby Products to keep the diaper in place even under lots of movement. this is key so everything stays in place and you don't get clumping or a sagging diaper

my best recommendation is a diaper one level up form what you need and if you are going to try a new method of protection. try it first at home just in case of leaks ;P

Well this is not as much about lack of being able to hold it for a reasonable time in normal circumstance. It is the lack of being able to get out of the work situation to address my bathroom needs. I work near a cure oven. Even in the winter it can get hot on a bad day. In the summer it gets nearly unbearable. So I must drink water until I am not longer thirsty. I could wear a diaper, but I think I would have to wear an abena L4. I am a heavy to high wetter if I wet unintentionally, or cannot stop once i'm at the point of going lol. Really my problem is kind of unique. No one rally cares if i'm desperate. The only coworker closest to me is grumpy. He does not really care, nor does anyone else. The only other choice is to pick my battles wisely, and just go when I need to regardless of whatever ends up rusting. Bosses are very odd. They do not want to hear you complain. Or to know you got issues.

If you're worried about flooding when you're on the verge of losing control, than the simple solution is to wear a diaper and wet as you feel the need rather than holding it until the point of bursting. basically use the diaper as a bladder augmentation and slip away to the restroom whenever you get a chance (it'll be easier to do without annoying people since urgency is decreased).

If you wear underwear over the diaper and keep a small pack of wipes in a pocket, you can be changed out of the diaper, cleaned up, and ready to go in under 3 minutes. In that case the diaper is basically a one-shot deal, but it might make things a bit easier for you if used that way.

Also you might be able to get away with wearing underwear over a pullup. That way you can still use the bathroom normally if you get a chance, but can still use the pullup as a bladder augmentation throughout the day as necessary. If you fill the pullup, you can change out of it and be back to normal again.

When I was first paralyzed, they had me on a medication called Ditropan, it helped quell bladder spasms I was having... It gives you crazy cottonmouth, but will keep you dry. I ditched the pills for being in diapers 24/7, but if this is'nt a option for you, then i'd recommend asking you doctor about possible medication options.

correct me if i'm wrong but it sound like this is more of an environment issue. the underlying issue is that you have to consume large amount of water and results in having to go. this is a tough one. i don't think you have to go as far as the Abena L4. this would would work best to replace the bathroom and definitely hinder your movement, but if you use the diaper to supplement you bathroom like irnum recommends then you can go with a thinner diaper. now what you don't want is to get stuck at your post, have a full diaper and have to go. this has happened to me one or two time and it is not a good feeling.

so lets say you have to go 5 times a day. if you can make it to the restroom 3 out of the 5 then the simple solution will work. for me i try to wait to make it to the restroom and at the last minute find out that i can leave so i often flood my diapers more then once. i think that a lot of people underestimate the thinner diapers and jump to the MAX. now im not talking about depends thin, but something like a Tena slip, Attends overnight, Tranquility ATN, Super Dry Kids or if you don't mind purple Molicare.
    Last edited by subsy; 19-Dec-2013 at 05:16.

Yea I realize now A super thick diaper would be a awful idea. Unless there was a really big need for it. I got brave, and stayed diapered the entire day. I only went through 2 Fitrights, and I mostly changed out of need to keep the dampness away. If I leaked at all it was not much. Not enough to really notice, or impact my job. It is still hard to train my body to let go. Seems like there is specific triggers that helps such as drinking a bit of water, walking around, while thinking about it. Luckily I can stay standing in my job, and along with wetting moderation. I think is the biggest reason I had no real problems.

Here are the times I had a pretty good wetting. I do not know the volume exactly. Like how much, but I cannot test that at work XD.

A.M.
    4:15 Woke up, and had a full wetting. Then got fresh Diaper

6:45 Wet

8:15 Wet

9:00 Wet

10:00 Fresh Diaper

11:00 Wet

11:15 Lunch

After lunch I wet more but not allot. I just lost track haha.

80oz Consumed from 4:15 to 3:30

So,

First off you'll see the ic by my name...and I'm sure you have read I've been since basically birth...

So, I have worn to work...and have had plenty of walking...running...climbing...etc...Ive even went up mount rainier...work durring the 90's seemed to be in very hot areas with little available resources as to breaks and such...

Quite a lot of my co workers would save old plastic bottles...which are in short supplies in some areas...as a port-a-loo...

My solution for many years...has been to keep the diaper from moving that is key to keeping the diaper intact and from leaks...

I also use molicare durring the day...they wick very well and IMHO for daytime there is no better...they are slightly thinner than l4's but they are way less stiff and bulky between your legs...I feel they out perform anything on the market for day use...ymmv

Now, i always wear a onesie...I have the "wife beater" style, regular undershirt style, even golf shirt style...even had the golf shirt one done with company logo...no one would ever think it was a onesie...

Anyhow, so summer just shorts and my onesie...about as light as you can go...

Now, my working environment wasn't exactly as yours by any means...I was over the years from office environment...to desert or jungle with very little comforts...being assigned to a new build site for security in third world countries isn't very fun...but it did pay good...

But, if you have any issue with a stupidvisor bugging you...just lookup and know the law for your area...just mentioning it will keep them very quiet...

My work did know, and in fact my team and support staff did as well, it wasn't that big a deal...and sometimes we'd bunk together for months...and we needed to know everyone's abilities and limitations...I went private cuz I was not able to join military cuz of eyes and ic...and where I worked we had physicals at least after getting back in country...sometimes even in the midst of a contract gig...fly a member back for a weekend and a checkup...helped with moral on the sometimes many months long assignments...

But, if you have an hr dept at work, I'd still give them a heads up...and also get your doctor to at least document the issue as well...

My doctor does not know because I do not go to him often. Like Subsy said it is more of an environment issue. So the doctor would not have anything to do with it I would think. Yes I have to drink lots of water which is part of it. The other part though is that I just do not like taking most of my day using the bathroom stalls. They are nasty, and I would rather suffer the occasional rash than to deal with it. I have times where I have very little warning, and barely make it to the restroom. There have been times where I get there, and I wet everywhere. We do have a privacy officer who could handle the supervisor issue discreetly. There is also a registered nurse that I could talk to as well. The only other two options is to

1. Say nothing, and hope Bill never ask questions about the mysterious bag I carry to the loo.

2. Tell Bill that I have a unique bathroom needs, and I want to keep it discreet. that I need that to be respected.

Bill was in the army, and had people under his command. So when he ask a question he demands an immediate answer. So in the context of me rushing past his office with a package heading to the bathroom. I can imagine he would try to wrestle an answer out of me if he saw something I was hiding. One time not long ago he did a similar thing. Asking why I was there. I told him the truth. He still did not believe what I said lol. I pull a white trash bag out of my coat pocket stick it under my shirt, and make my way to the restroom, and lock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    So,

First off you'll see the ic by my name...and I'm sure you have read I've been since basically birth...

So, I have worn to work...and have had plenty of walking...running...climbing...etc...Ive even went up mount rainier...work durring the 90's seemed to be in very hot areas with little available resources as to breaks and such...

Quite a lot of my co workers would save old plastic bottles...which are in short supplies in some areas...as a port-a-loo...

My solution for many years...has been to keep the diaper from moving that is key to keeping the diaper intact and from leaks...

I also use molicare durring the day...they wick very well and IMHO for daytime there is no better...they are slightly thinner than l4's but they are way less stiff and bulky between your legs...I feel they out perform anything on the market for day use...ymmv

Now, i always wear a onesie...I have the "wife beater" style, regular undershirt style, even golf shirt style...even had the golf shirt one done with company logo...no one would ever think it was a onesie...

Anyhow, so summer just shorts and my onesie...about as light as you can go...

Now, my working environment wasn't exactly as yours by any means...I was over the years from office environment...to desert or jungle with very little comforts...being assigned to a new build site for security in third world countries isn't very fun...but it did pay good...

But, if you have any issue with a stupidvisor bugging you...just lookup and know the law for your area...just mentioning it will keep them very quiet...

My work did know, and in fact my team and support staff did as well, it wasn't that big a deal...and sometimes we'd bunk together for months...and we needed to know everyone's abilities and limitations...I went private cuz I was not able to join military cuz of eyes and ic...and where I worked we had physicals at least after getting back in country...sometimes even in the midst of a contract gig...fly a member back for a weekend and a checkup...helped with moral on the sometimes many months long assignments...

But, if you have an hr dept at work, I'd still give them a heads up...and also get your doctor to at least document the issue as well...